What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DMSO experience?

My wife suffers from the arthritis so I want to make a salve for her aching joints.
I plan on using my Orinoco high CBD strain.
Probably make it into ISO oil and add it to the DMSO.
My wife hates weed so it is a challenge to get her to use it.
Anybody have experience with this?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If she hates weed how are you going to get her to use a topical?
Have you discussed this idea with her?

So many people want to help their loved ones with some sort of affliction but a lot never talk about it with the person they want to help. So the loved ones end up with products they don't want to use for one reason or another.

On the other hand, do not mix DMSO with any product you don't plan on using immediately. Property changes do occur over time and I'm not sure what the end results were due to a lack of an ability to get it tested.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All the full plant ISO extracts I've come across had fairly strong aromas. They may not be a viable alternative if she can't stand the smells. A quick wash, that leaves the majority of the plants water solubles, may be a viable alternative but I'm under the impression that chlorophyll is helpful for arthritis (I don't recall at this moment & may be incorrect in my assertion about chlorophyll).

Check out the links from Storm Crow

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
MJPassion is correct about the DMSO for sure. The other downside to DMSO is it makes just about anything on your skin go through to the blood stream. You need to be very careful what it's exposed to.

I don't recommend iso for extractions at all, not even for topicals.

You will want to find if she responds to root oil. It's highly anti-inflammatory and eliminates certain types of pain. I've had awesome success pressure cooking the roots in real olive oil. I then mix in lavender or frankincense and lemon essential oils until the olive oil does not leave an oily residue on the skin.

Works in seconds, smells better than iso, lasts hours and hours. I've been using the oil about every 3 days on my hip. The inflammation slowly goes back up until I'm in pain again about day 3. ;)

Here's my root oil thread...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I've heard of parlor tricks with dmso and lemon juice rubbed on your foot will instantly give you lemon breath.
If she hates the smell, better to go with isolate.

Make edibles for her to eat if she hate smoking it. :)

She’s more comfortable with topical application.
Eating weed is a stretch at this point.
She’s a poor sleeper too, I’m going to make some rosin pills and leave them beside her water glass, hoping she takes one in a weak moment. Just waiting for my capsules to show up.

herbgreen

Veteran
She’s more comfortable with topical application.
Eating weed is a stretch at this point.
She’s a poor sleeper too, I’m going to make some rosin pills and leave them beside her water glass, hoping she takes one in a weak moment. Just waiting for my capsules to show up.

You may want to try RSO diluted with olive oil or coconut oil

figure out how potent you want and just mix into some heated oil ...then you can have it around as topical

RickSimpson used straight oil on his skin cancer but RSO blended into another oil is a very good way to control your doses for topicals

MJPassion is correct about the DMSO for sure. The other downside to DMSO is it makes just about anything on your skin go through to the blood stream. You need to be very careful what it's exposed to.

I don't recommend iso for extractions at all, not even for topicals.

You will want to find if she responds to root oil. It's highly anti-inflammatory and eliminates certain types of pain. I've had awesome success pressure cooking the roots in real olive oil. I then mix in lavender or frankincense and lemon essential oils until the olive oil does not leave an oily residue on the skin.

Works in seconds, smells better than iso, lasts hours and hours. I've been using the oil about every 3 days on my hip. The inflammation slowly goes back up until I'm in pain again about day 3. ;)

Here's my root oil thread...

Cool beans.
I re-use my Sunshine #4. After I cut the plant off I dump the soil into a barrel and take the rootball out. So......
I have a bucket of roots to mess with

old_thrashbarg

I know you said she doesn't want to eat it, but probably the most tasteless, smell free way to get her medicine would be to get distillate mixed with mct or coconut oil plus some lecithin. Put it into a capsule. As long as she doesn't mind swallowing a pill, that would probably be the cleanest way.

A 00 size capsule is about .65ml. Using that info you could make very accurate doses as long as you knew the thc content of your distillate. You could even add terpenes like pinene or limonene. Experiment with different fats like clarified butter or peanut oil (they have different onset times/effects in my experience)

Latest posts

Latest posts