What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dwc question

Two weeks before flush is good, as a general rule. However, you're also right about reading your plant, and trusting your own senses. I'd say it depends on the plant. Here's what I mean:

A lot of cannabis plants put on a bunch of their bulk in the last 2-3 weeks of flower. That's when dry kool bloom is crucial, to help put on that bulk and keep 'em green during a time when you're also reducing N and they're likely to start yellowing. Now, if you've observed that the plant you're growing tends to start yellowing earlier than that, feel free to start using Dry KB earlier. Or maybe instead increasing by a little (say, 20%) the amount of liquid KB you're using, assuming you're using it.

If you've observed that you have a plant that bulks up gradually, rather than kinda suddenly all at the end, feel free to start using it earlier.

The feeding schedule is a very, very well laid out set of general guidelines, and is meant to be tailored by you, to your own needs. I think the best course of action is to grow it once or twice according to the directions (unless the plant tells you something's wrong, by yellowing or dying or whatever.)

Once you've got a base of experience with this plant, you can start to dial in specifics with your nutes (like for example, you've learned that it yellows in week 3 if you don't reduce N, aka "A" nutrient. Or, it puts on all its bulk by the end of week 6, so you'll use dry KB earlier.) You can't know these things til you grow it at least once, and there's no way around that.

Good luck, and happy growing!

My buds were getting longer but now appear to be getting wider day by day should I begin dry koolbloom today?

DeMonet

My buds were getting longer but now appear to be getting wider day by day should I begin dry koolbloom today?

I can only give you general guidelines, 'cause I'm not there with you, and I can't know exactly what I'd do if I was. A lot of times in this game, the only way to learn is to do, and see what happens. Then make a note of it, and do it all again, but better.

Liquid KB works just fine for me thru most of flowering, as shown on the schedule. I only modify it if I have a plant that takes longer or shorter than the GH schedule (I think their schedule is for a plant that's done in 9 weeks. Maybe 10, I don't remember.)

If I was using GH 3 Part, like Rez, I'd give his recipe a try, 'cause that guy has surely grown a few plants before and ought to have a pretty good idea what he's about. He's taken the GH schedule and modified it to suit his needs, presumably over a long time during which he dialed it in, bit by bit. I like how his recipe is way stripped down and gives em what they need, no more, no less.

I'll tell you what I've been told a couple of times, and trust me, no offense intended: you might be over thinking this, dude. Just follow the directions (either GH's or Rez's or whoever's,) and modify as needed on your next round. What good is a mod if you don't know how it behaves stock, if I can use an automotive analogy?

...did you read the thread? ...have you ever heard of RezDog?

peace, bozo

No, I've never heard of anyone here, period. I read the first post then I searched "dwc" to see if the thread had anything to do with dwc and then I asked you. Find it hard to imagine running day 35 all day with dry koolbloom then replacing all of my water the following day with a completely new mix. No thank you

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...if you'd read the thread you'd have found many answers to questions you don't yet know enough to ask and if you want to succeed in this hobby you won't shy away from studying some of these older threads, the more of them you read the faster you will learn.

...i linked you to RezDog's thread because he is a very accomplished grower who uses KoolBloom powder, something you asked about.

...easy answers are often wrong answers.

bozo

picture.php

Also bozo here is a better view of what I have I think you saw the other buckets that I'm using as stands it's only one bucket. I hope to have bud as good as the shit you posted one day! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_0425.jpg
    IMG_0425.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 8

gh0stm0de

Lucas is the truth

I started with lucas then on to floranova. Tried pbp too but lucas has been best. I like modular customizability of 3 part over convenience of veg/flo nute regime. More finite control over end composition of nutes

Last edited: