What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mixing different types of weed together to smoke

rykus

I like blends, especially hash plant and pink kush... But it gets a little too much so I blend in some of my coastal rose HP for flavour... Best if you do a big mix in the grinder and roll for the day.

I liked Douglas Curtis's post.... I often do that, not expecting that every plant will come out like that but as an ideal and a reminder of the direction that brought me to a place breeding wise... Like when I cut 50-100 plants of a cross, I find it's easy to forget the original intent... Sometimes it doesn't matter because a new direction is found.... Other times the blend joint just reminds you how it could have been, and you drop the project.

Case and point for me was my HPxpink kush .... Was all way sweeter than the blend joint and not as strong.... Then I read on line the pink was already a kush X hp so the hp was a back cross and became dominant.... So to get it more like my blend joint I had to re cross back to the pink and pheno hunt again.

So in that instance my blend joint and a little patience made me(IMO) less of a pollen chucker, lol.

I like really heavy strong weed though, and I also crave mouth coating sweetness and flavour, only time I got both was in Rene... But I never got the good cut. But blending I can achieve this fairly easily which for me is very nice. I like it.

stim

mixing herbs is awesome if your looking for kicks. As a breeding tool its more for entertainment.

ashna

I like to smoke the same strain, but different forms of it in one bowl.

I'll make some dry sift from the shake, save half and squeeze the other half into rosin.

Then I mix the dry sift with the flower and pack the bowl.

Top with a nice piece of rosin so it all melts in between the keif/flower.

Long lasting and very effective.

I tried this with some lotus larry and it was soooo tasty.

That sounds delicious :biggrin:

Holeshot

Smoking a bit of PANAMA and CONGO .Great combo of musky old school Panama power with some extreme floral passionfruit terps from the Congo = great smoke.!!!

Tynehead Tom

I did a 2 paper blend the other night.
Big fat trumpet of a doobie with weed from 9 jars
purplelazerlite , a bud from each of 4 differnet phenos
black tuna, shiskaberry 3 f2 and 3 phenos of chimera C4
all blended into one big doob.
was awesome!! smoked 1/2 of it , then later cut it up and rolled it again with a 1/4 gram of water hash.

maybe I took the blending weed thing a little to the extreme but it was very enjoyable hahaha

corky1968

Veteran
Mixing things is fun.

I'm actually having lots of fun mixing my Kerala landrace with the Northern Lights X Oldtimer Haze Hybrid that I made.

M

meowmeowmeow

I did a 2 paper blend the other night.
Big fat trumpet of a doobie with weed from 9 jars
purplelazerlite , a bud from each of 4 differnet phenos
black tuna, shiskaberry 3 f2 and 3 phenos of chimera C4
all blended into one big doob.
was awesome!! smoked 1/2 of it , then later cut it up and rolled it again with a 1/4 gram of water hash.

maybe I took the blending weed thing a little to the extreme but it was very enjoyable hahaha

You my friend had what I call a "Cornucopia" :rtfo:

Lucky 7

I mix C99 X Moby Dick = totally forget what state your in, literally

at night I do a double vape, first up a sativa followed by a Kush, or if I don't want to go right to sleep, 2 hybrids

that is all . . .

M

meowmeowmeow

Bumpin up........

Bumpin up........

Update:

Rubicon (Critical Mass pheno) + Star Dawg (Tres Dawg x Chem#4) = :smoky:

Lrus007

Veteran
love mixing pot. always have it seems.
when i was young 3-4 people would each put some buds
into a bowl. then was crushed and bong was passed till gone.
had a friend he loved the skunk back then. i loved the thai.
the mix was mind bending. sadly thai is gone forever. anyway
i still mix a lot. a fav is a old indica and a old clumbo gold mix.
the high of each is quite different so go together well.
more often than not i grab buds from 2-3 different kinds for grinder.
so yes i like to mix a lot.
Lrus007

trypt150

I had some good luck smoking Gorilla Glue flowers with a neville's pheno Ghost Train Haze wax on top. Rekt, as they say.

X

xavier7995

If I have multiple phenos of a strain I tend to mix. Gives me an idea of what I would consider an average of that seed pack/strain; I find it helps to have that benchmark when deciding what to keep.

T

TrueReligion

in sd we hit mobiles/moles, a mix of private reserve strains, along with American spirit perique blend. it's a domer for sure