What's new

Tynehead Tom's 0'degree C , grow and show

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Im 100% old school ba is old school bull shit.... irememver when they came online. I dont remember when charles was first online because im only 25 and thats before my time...

I joined Reef's site in 2004. I believe that was when he started his own forum and Reeferman Seeds. Prior to that he was Prairie Fire Seeds.

CoCoSativas

I joined Reef's site in 2004. I believe that was when he started his own forum and Reeferman Seeds. Prior to that he was Prairie Fire Seeds.

Yeah so like i said reefs been around since before my time growing. Hes been growing dope longer than ive been alive actually.

I know reef. Know lots of his history talked to him quite a bit. Have his number actually but i dont bother texting anymore because you only get a answer a month after you text if you text again asking if hes alive. The reply was hes busy so i just said from then on ill leave him to it

Tynehead Tom

k, well, none of this matters to me.
Black Tuna is not a reeferman strain, this I know.
I also remember prairie fire from back in the day but didn't know that reeferman was born from prairie fire. Back then, nothing of thiers was on our radar. I probably still have the seedbank catologs with their listings.

anyhow dudes, I'm gonna grow these, clone these, smoke these.... and I don't really care where they came from :D

corky1968

Veteran
OMG, you guys have to stop talking about fish.

i.e Tuna this, Tuna that.

I'm getting hungry again. :biggrin:

Tynehead Tom

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=66296&pictureid=1591789&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

Trust me bro old school ba is a reeferman ripoff. I remember when they popped up online in the late 2000s. They were outed as fake prettyquickly. Hes changed his site to confuse people but yeah those goods are reeferman rip offs and wven go around to events in the states "as reeferman seeds"

They claim all sorts of shit but they are as shady as they come and i wouldnt advertise their name period especially when its not there work the black tuna is better advertised as "by 5 star organics" or bc clone only all those idiots do is fake shit hoping they are gonna make it.

Im 100% old school ba is old school bull shit.... irememver when they came online. I dont remember when charles was first online because im only 25 and thats before my time...

ya dude, all that internet drama over seedbank heros, I just let that stuff slide on by. Old school ba is just one of those guys that took things way too extreme and there's no doubt Charles and others distanced themselves. He has been around, tattoos and all, since the early 80's. I do think at one time tho, they were all in it together. But doesn't matter, all this doesn't really serve the purpose of my thread.
I posted this in the other thread so I just cut and pasted to this one: Here is what I know to be true, and comes from a guy who has been growing in the lowermainland BC , IS a patch member biker (outlaws) for over 45 years and has worked hand in hand with the HA's breeding BC "clone onlys" up until he retired some time ago now. ---> from my other thread on black tuna,
"He's not an internet guy, doesn't even have a computer LOL. Anyhow, I was telling him about everything that has been discussed here and he again chuckled and said that the Black tuna is not "kush" and again confirmed the variety is a herijuanax lambs bread and originated in the garden of a grower who goes by the name Rocky Mountain Kush , a highly regarded breeder in BC med community, though I have not met this fella.
Tuna kush is apparently Black tuna x OG kush (of some type).

you also must remember, my roots in the BC lowermainland growing scene are very, very deep, having started my own journey almost 30 years ago ;)

anyhow, back to the show:

All the Antenna Seeds Purple Lazerlite have freed themselves of their seed husks and are reaching for the sky!!
The Chimera C4's , two have risen from the earth as of noon today ;)
and pleased to say that all the clones I took (3) from the shiskaberry f1 female have rooted and are into their 4" starter pots. the first 2 rooted fast, the 3rd one took a few extra days but all have rooted in under 12 days.

onward and upward my friends ;)

Tynehead Tom

So I've decided to carry on the C4 and antenna updates in different threads for those that want to follow along, the links are in my sigline.

The 4 Black Tunas are continuing to blow my mind. I had to move the Bulb up 6 inches today to keep the top of the bulb even with the tops. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to bend these suckers over LOL Hopefully they stop growing up soon. Buds are developing nicely and todays lights on marks beginning of week 3 flowering.

The shiskaberry is also impressing me, I wish the tent was full of these girls. Today marks the end of week 3 flowering and buds are the size of my thumb and true to form, the frost is coming on ;)
I'll post some pics mid week.

CoCoSativas

So I've decided to carry on the C4 and antenna updates in different threads for those that want to follow along, the links are in my sigline.

The 4 Black Tunas are continuing to blow my mind. I had to move the Bulb up 6 inches today to keep the top of the bulb even with the tops. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to bend these suckers over LOL Hopefully they stop growing up soon. Buds are developing nicely and todays lights on marks beginning of week 3 flowering.

The shiskaberry is also impressing me, I wish the tent was full of these girls. Today marks the end of week 3 flowering and buds are the size of my thumb and true to form, the frost is coming on ;)
I'll post some pics mid week.

From the genetics dont expect black tuna to slow growth actually should pick up more and more the bigger it gets.

Its easier updating seperate threads. Take a lesson frm my thread its very easy to get lost in varieties

CoCoSativas

ya dude, all that internet drama over seedbank heros, I just let that stuff slide on by. Old school ba is just one of those guys that took things way too extreme and there's no doubt Charles and others distanced themselves. He has been around, tattoos and all, since the early 80's. I do think at one time tho, they were all in it together. But doesn't matter, all this doesn't really serve the purpose of my thread.
I posted this in the other thread so I just cut and pasted to this one: Here is what I know to be true, and comes from a guy who has been growing in the lowermainland BC , IS a patch member biker (outlaws) for over 45 years and has worked hand in hand with the HA's breeding BC "clone onlys" up until he retired some time ago now. ---> from my other thread on black tuna,
"He's not an internet guy, doesn't even have a computer LOL. Anyhow, I was telling him about everything that has been discussed here and he again chuckled and said that the Black tuna is not "kush" and again confirmed the variety is a herijuanax lambs bread and originated in the garden of a grower who goes by the name Rocky Mountain Kush , a highly regarded breeder in BC med community, though I have not met this fella.
Tuna kush is apparently Black tuna x OG kush (of some type).

you also must remember, my roots in the BC lowermainland growing scene are very, very deep, having started my own journey almost 30 years ago ;)

anyhow, back to the show:

All the Antenna Seeds Purple Lazerlite have freed themselves of their seed husks and are reaching for the sky!!
The Chimera C4's , two have risen from the earth as of noon today ;)
and pleased to say that all the clones I took (3) from the shiskaberry f1 female have rooted and are into their 4" starter pots. the first 2 rooted fast, the 3rd one took a few extra days but all have rooted in under 12 days.

onward and upward my friends ;)

Hey bro i wasnt trying to go for a derail just wanted to make you aware of osba is shady as hell.

I dont really care about all that shit like i said its your account, i just wanted to make sure you were aware of who you were advertising for.

Tynehead Tom

oh my oh my...... So a whole bunch of years ago, way back in 1989, I was introduced to growing. My guru at the time was one of the first to get the authentic UBC Kimo cut. The first cross they made was with a popular seed variety at the time, Purple Afghani. I was given a small bag of about 30 or 40 seeds last week and on 420 I put 4 down to germinate as a test.
One is sprouting!!!! WOOHOO!
picture.php

gorilla ganja

oh my oh my...... So a whole bunch of years ago, way back in 1989, I was introduced to growing. My guru at the time was one of the first to get the authentic UBC Kimo cut. The first cross they made was with a popular seed variety at the time, Purple Afghani. I was given a small bag of about 30 or 40 seeds last week and on 420 I put 4 down to germinate as a test.
One is sprouting!!!! WOOHOO!

That's great news. You should pamper the rest, get them all started and pick the best for a F2. Sounds like a winner.
Would love to get my hands on some of those.
Looking forward to watching these babies grow up.

Peace GG

Tynehead Tom

behind the scenes I have been busy working on my hoophouse and attached light dep shed and in the rooms I haven't shown yet, I have 4 x 400 w metal halides raising my locally sourced outdoor clones. They are for a guerilla spot I prepared last season in preparation for my first crack at "in the bush outdoor" around here. They just call this one landcruiser ? I dunno we'll see about those and hope they are worth the effort. So, I've been crazy busy these past few weeks LOL

so long and short, with those and what I have indoors sprouting, vegging and flowering, I'm pretty much at my plant count
I want to see what comes out of the ones I've sprouted before I decide to run them now and interrupt my other plans, or wait till fall when ALL my rooms will be ready to go.
we'll see. I'll keep updates going on those ;)

I'll snap some more B.T. and Shisk flower shots when the light comes on, you guys can tell me what you think so far. These are the first indoor plants I've flowered in 12 years :D
godddamm I luv gardening.

Tynehead Tom

and as promised, snapped these just as the light came on. Black Tunas have caught up to the shiskaberry in height and are at 17 days into flower now. Shiskaberry at day 23 of flower. I've done a defoliation on the Tunas, the fans were so huge LOL blocking way too much light. Hopefully defoliating the bid stuff will curd the upward growth a bit LOL These are getting about twice as big as I expected. I'll let the pics speak for themselves but welcome thoughts, comments , questions.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

corky1968

Veteran
The plants you just pollinated should be showing withered pistils pretty soon.

If so it's a pollination success. :tiphat:

Tynehead Tom

yup, the 4 lowest branches in controlled pollination. Pistils are very withered and disappeared on the ones knocked up with shiska3 #4 , the other two I hit with Nuken and shiska3 #7 aren't as affected. If need be I'll do them again tomorrow. Lot's of pollen now with 3 packets from Nuken and shiska3#7 and 5 packets from shiska3 #4.

inspecting the non target flowers, it's looking like the pollen was well contained to the flowers I was after ;)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Status is about to get a whole lot whiter when we figure out how to file the new paperwork ;)

Glad I found this thread, looks like a good start, Kokanee and cannabis.

I know, I was already talking to him about this earlier today while mentioning that this tin can have to do for now.

View Image

St. Jeans Cannery has a store front in Campbell River, they'd probably ship a few tins of their own wares if you ask. It's one of the closest "name brands" to home canned gold, quality wise.

Tynehead Tom

Status is about to get a whole lot whiter when we figure out how to file the new paperwork ;)

Glad I found this thread, looks like a good start, Kokanee and cannabis.

St. Jeans Cannery has a store front in Campbell River, they'd probably ship a few tins of their own wares if you ask. It's one of the closest "name brands" to home canned gold, quality wise.

true that ;)

welcome Mikell, good to have you here ;)

Tynehead Tom

Update.
I've collected as much pollen as I need for now so am going to chop back the 3 males, shiskaberry3 #4 and #7 and Nuken, and attempt to reveg them.
I got some nice pollen packs saved for future needs.

I've changed plans again LOL and am only going to knock up one black tuna and I'm going to use the super fast and heavy yielding #4 shiska3 male. The plan will be to hopefully make a hybrid of the black tuna that has shortened flowering time. It is currently a 9 week variety and shiska is 7 week or less. Should be a fun cross.

3weeks to go for the shiskaberry F1 :D I can't wait!!!