What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tynehead Tom's 0'degree C , grow and show

Tynehead Tom

Hand over all those fishies in the 1st post poacher. :laughing:

I want to make a fish fry soon.

couldn't be a poacher if I tried..... I'm a status indian :D
but no, we play by the rules, limits on the lake I fish are very generous. Including my wife behind the camera and another gal inside the ice hut, we slayed 25 kokanee that day, biggest a hair over 3 pounds! freshwater sockeye hmmmmm yummy. And dude, our favorite way to cookem up is deep fried in beer batter in chunks the size of a big chicken nugget. Fricken crazy good , especially cold after hitting the doobs hard and the munchies are calling.

corky1968

Veteran
Kokanee? I wish I could get some.

There's none where I'm at. I emailed BC and Alberta Fish & Wildlife
to see if I could import some eggs. They said they don't ship eggs
out of those provinces.

I like Trout and Salmon the best.
Most people her like Walleye.

The way people ship drugs all over the World.
If I had lost of money I would smuggle trout
and salmon eggs to my end of the World.

Tynehead Tom

I keep my friends in Ontario happy by keeping them well supplied with my smoked kokanee.... yet I'm still waiting for them to send me out some fresh frozen walleye fillets by air next day to Vancouver. Big drive for me but I love walleye n fish crisp. been a long time.

speaking of fish, n eggs..... brings me to thinking about what's on the agenda for tomorrow.... no fish for dinner hehe that will be BBQ elk steaks.... nope, there's gonna be some spawning going on in my flower tent and I'll be knocking up a branch of shiskaberry F1 with Pollen from shiskaberry 3 F2 #7 , and if there's enough pollen, shiskaberry 3 F2 #4 :D

Tynehead Tom

picture.php

^^^^^^^^^
shiskaberry3 F2 #4 male, stripped of leaves and tied over and dropping pollen

and representing the other keeper pheno, shiskaberry3 f2 #7 , strong smell on this one and less branchy structure.
picture.php

Tynehead Tom

420 pollination time
Info to the best of my knowledge:
Shiskaberry F1 female : Spice of Life Shiskheberry Indica(afghan the red/theyellow) x DJ Short's infamous blue berry male

cross to
Shiskaberry 3 F2 Male : Spice of Life Shiskaberry back cross to original Shiskheberry indica Mom, taken to F2 by Ustad seeds.

both are the more Sativa/blueberry leaning pheno of this 70%afghan indica/30% thai/highland Mexican

Happy 420 ;)
picture.php

Tynehead Tom

so my Nuken male is being slow. he stinks of sweet indica funk and I think he's gonna be dropping pollen in time to knock up a tuna.

shiskaberry 3 F2 #7, the real stinky old school shisk, heavy afghan leaning single pole pheno is also being slow to drop pollen so I'm going to only knock up the shisk F1 with the #4 male as it is fast and heavy with ripe male flowers.

so I'm going to keep collecting the pollen from the 2 shiska3 f2 males and the nuken so I have a good supply to hit the Black Tuna with. Should be fun and I'll continue to up date.

I'm waiting for some seed drive fundraiser F2's of Ancient OG (bohdi) and Dragon's Blood Hashplant to arrive and I think I want to select a nice male from each to knock up Black Tuna as well when the time comes.

or how about Apollo13 F2 x ShiskaberryF1 hmmmmmm

There's gonna be some FIRE risin up in here :D

Tynehead Tom

UPDATE : april 22 , haha I am in a constant state of flux here and can't make my mind up on this seedmaking plan LOL so have adjusted things .

and fak me had a 3 1/2 hour power outage last night, 2 hours into lights on in the flowering tent. I thought ahead tho as living way out here, these things happen. I have a bunch of 12volt LED strip lights in the ceiling and turned them on. was pretty damn bright in there. Left the stereo on lowd enough to wake me up and was jolted awake at 3:15 LOL went up and turned everything back on. girls looked good and didn't look like they went to sleep ;)

Nuken male is dropping pollen, I've got just enough to do one branch on shiskaberry F1
Shiskaberry3 F2 male #7 (the single pole stinky fugger ) is also dropping pollen now and I collected a nice pack. tonight I'll do 1 branch of shiskaberry f1 with that as well.
So I'll have 2 lower branches pollenated with shiskaberry3 F2 male #4 that has same growth characteristics as the F1 female , 1 lower branch with shiskabery3 f2 male #7 and 1branch with the chunky funky nuken male.

Shiskaberry3 F2 #4 male , the primary donor is just spewing pollen onto the drop sheet. I've already got a nice package folded up and in the fridge for next weeks pollenating of the tuna. I have changed my mind on how I'm going to pollenate the Black Tuna. I was going to hit it with the two males but use two different Black Tuna plants. I think I'm going to make a pollen pack with a equal blend of shiskaberry3 f2 male #4 and $7

unless someone wants to talk me out of that plan LOL
Nuken will pollenate one Black Tuna as well.

I'm also going to try and reveg all 3 males. I have another male in reserve as a clone now and that is the other shiskaberry f1 seed that made it. The seed plant is gone but the clone is doing very well and growing right along.

Okay and more to tell LOL
On the 19th I got my first ever seedbay order and that evening I put down 9 seeds of Antenna Seeds (icmag private breeder), Purple lazerlite and Chimera's old school C4.
today at noon, I see action in the C4 tray with soil getting pushed up but nothing above ground yet. Purple lazerlite has 2 above ground and reaching for the sky ;)

will continue updates ;)

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

yup, she got pollenated on 420 ;) and was kept in separate room with a 4100K florescent light environment, then her 12 hour dark period. She is back in the tent but in the corner about 4 feet from the bulb, tonight at lights on she will go back to her favorite spot ;)
There is a noticeable difference in the pollenated buds, looks like most of the target pistils got knocked up. We'll see in 4 weeks ;)

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
couldn't be a poacher if I tried..... I'm a status indian :D
but no, we play by the rules, limits on the lake I fish are very generous. Including my wife behind the camera and another gal inside the ice hut, we slayed 25 kokanee that day, biggest a hair over 3 pounds! freshwater sockeye hmmmmm yummy. And dude, our favorite way to cookem up is deep fried in beer batter in chunks the size of a big chicken nugget. Fricken crazy good , especially cold after hitting the doobs hard and the munchies are calling.

That made me hungry.

Tynehead Tom

speaking of things that come in cans.... this is how the Vancouver med community initially marketed the Black Tuna. It was named after a famous weed smuggler who was busted in the 70's and given 65 years in prison. I think there is a book all about this Saint of Cannabis hehehe called the Black Tuna Diaries. The black tuna I am growing is apparently a tribute to the Black tuna gang and is reported to be a herijuana x Jamaican lambsbread. maybe as I grow them, anyone familiar with those varieties can feel free to share.

picture.php

will post up some new Black Tuna pics later tonite, just waiting for the light to come on.

CoCoSativas

So I set the ice hut up in a large spare room upstairs and it takes about 1/2 the volume of the room. Perfect, the room can act as a lung room.
I have electric baseboard heat and wood heat only. This is perfect as I can control the temp of that room with it's baseboard during lights out.
My lights run at night to take advantage of the colder night air.
--> lights on : window wide open, blinds closed, three passive vents on the window side of the tent. small 8" fan keeping the air flowing. Exhaust fan on during lights on only. 14" oscillating fan I took the stand off of and put in a basket on the floor, pointing up 8" under the light. It sits stationary blowing the air up allowing plants to be much closer to the bulb. I'm also running a small room humidifier in the tent to keep humidity up as I live in a very dry climate.
--> Lights off : window closed, black white poly curtain pinned over window, baseboard turned up to keep temp at 70F. oscillator under light is on 24/7. passive intake assist fan off, humidifier off, exhaust off.

Inside the ice hut I fastened paracord tightly around the top inside perimeter and cut sections of blackwhite poly and fastened all the way around. this gives me a highly reflective and light proof interior and it only took about 2 hours and was ready for fans and lights. the natural opening and window features of the ice hut made it easy to pull this off with ZERO modifications or alterations to the Hut itself. When I'm done growing in it, it's ready for fishin ;)

***this ice hut cost me 119.00 Canadian on sale at season end clearance a couple years ago. The big box sellers like cabelas ect blow these suckers out at years end. if yer gonna try this instead of a fancy schmancy premade grow tent, the 2 man versions would be good for a 400/315chm/LED grow and these 4 man units.... well, you can easily stick a 1000 watter in there LOL
And before someone asks, yes, I can afford a well designed and purpose made grow tent but I live in the middle of nowhere and a grow store that sells those is hours away. Not something I want to mail order either. I think I made out okay with the plan I have put into action here

light source is a hortilux 940 Ultra Ace HPS conversion. it runs on a 1000w Cap and Coil Metal halide ballast
here's some pics to get us started
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
Next time you are in a grow store talk t o them about mailing you shit. Build some trush between them and you. My shop loves me and will ship me anything anywhere anytime.

Tynehead Tom

picture.php

^^^mar 28 veg day 1 under floros^^^

picture.php

^^^^after 10 days veg under floros^^^ (april 7th)

picture.php

^^^and today, 15 days in the flower tent :D . sorry for the slightly fuzzy pic^^^

Tynehead Tom

The origin of this cut is really an unknown to me and seems to have some controversy over where it comes from.
This cut was laid on me because I really liked the bud, hits me hard, it is primarily "good medicine" for my medical issues, and it tastes and reek just friggen dandy ;) None of my posts should be taken as me knowing 100% the origins but when every sign one comes across points to one thing, chances are that is it.
I've spent exhaustive hours talking to old grow buds and researching online. Black tuna traces back to a breeder from that group (old school breeders association/5 Star Organics. But really, who knows, I only post that info for clarities sake as this variety is not the same as reefs tuna kush, so people following along or new to the grow diary won't mistake it for the seed form Tuna Kush. That and I've had the black tuna thread up for a while now and Charles either hasn't seen it or doesn't care to comment. He could probably shed some light on the Tuna's
Black Tuna has been in the Canadian Medical dispensary community for quite some time, there are tonnes of pics and videos of reviews on it and pics of the packaging from mail order dispensaries on Vancouver island and elsewhere.

In the end, I'm gonna flower these girls to the best of my ability with the gear and food I've got to use and we'll see what happens when she's cut and cured. I'll know if it's the real deal old school tuna ;) If not, well, it was fun to grow, fun investigating and I can move on. :D

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

old school breeders association predates reefs stuff as far as I know dude but who knows.
This cut was laid on me because I really liked the bud, hits me hard, it is primarily "good medicine" for my medical issues, and it tastes and reek just friggen dandy ;) None of my posts should be taken as me knowing 100% the origins but when every sign one comes across points to one thing, chances are that is it.
I've spent exhaustive hours talking to old grow buds and researching online. Black tuna traces back to a breeder from that group (old school breeders association/5 Star Organics. But really, who knows, I only post that info for clarities sake as this variety is not the same as reefs tuna kush, so people following along or new to the grow diary won't mistake it for the seed form Tuna Kush. That and I've had the black tuna thread up for a while now and Charles either hasn't seen it or doesn't care to comment. He could probably shed some light on the Tuna's
Black Tuna has been in the Canadian Medical dispensary community for quite some time, there are tonnes of pics and videos of reviews on it and pics of the packaging from mail order dispensaries on Vancouver island and elsewhere.

In the end, I'm gonna flower these girls to the best of my ability with the gear and food I've got to use and we'll see what happens when she's cut and cured. I'll know if it's the real deal old school tuna ;) If not, well, it was fun to grow, fun investigating and I can move on. :D

Trust me bro old school ba is a reeferman ripoff. I remember when they popped up online in the late 2000s. They were outed as fake prettyquickly. Hes changed his site to confuse people but yeah those goods are reeferman rip offs and wven go around to events in the states "as reeferman seeds"

They claim all sorts of shit but they are as shady as they come and i wouldnt advertise their name period especially when its not there work the black tuna is better advertised as "by 5 star organics" or bc clone only all those idiots do is fake shit hoping they are gonna make it.

Im 100% old school ba is old school bull shit.... irememver when they came online. I dont remember when charles was first online because im only 25 and thats before my time...