What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TGA Querkle with lab results

I have been growing TGA Querkle for quite a few years now. It has been a keeper for me. It has a very unique flavor. Some patients love it, others don't care for it. The taste is very difficult to describe.

The buds are very stinky, especially when flowering. This strain causes a skunk stink around my house when flowering, but especially when trimming, the stink lingers.

I consider it a great strain. My favorite thing about it is the oil making capabilities. Whether you are using 99% iso, 190 grain alcohol, or 200 proof ethyl, it has always provided awesome, clean oil for me, and it has always been potent.

Here is a recent lab test result from an average bud from a crop. I grow fully organic, in soil.

The phenotype I have leans towards being Space Queen dominant.

My first major harvest in 2011

I smoked this Thanksgiving 2015

I will have to do another post to show some nice images of the querkle oil.

TGA Querkle continued

TGA Querkle continued

Here is the Querkle oil. QWISO method using 99% iso.

Looking through the pyrex dish, you can see a nice pink tint to the dried Querkle QWISO

A small amount scraped up with a razor knife

the gnome

Veteran
nice strain you have going on there GG
nice chunky nugz on her.
love the pic with whomever holding tray full

is this the same keeper from 2011 your running?

nice strain you have going on there GG
nice chunky nugz on her.
love the pic with whomever holding tray full

is this the same keeper from 2011 your running?

Whomever holding the tray is me! :)

Thank you, yes the same keeper from 2011, still running her. Take cuttings at veg, just before putting into flower, then continue the cycle.

It is coming time for me to try new strains. Querkle I am keeping. Just so hard to decide what to say good-bye to, let alone what to try next. I have seeds, just don't have time and space.

I think I will try pllushberry next. Something about pink intrigues me. :biggrin:

Great job on the Querkle...I'm a huge fan of TGA.
Good luck with the Plushberry,,,lots of phenos to find in there.

Thanks for the complement and thanks for the tip on plushberry. I will keep my eyes open to the differences.

I have found that the worse looking one in veg ends up being the best in many cases.

maybe these will help people identify the SQ dominant phenotype.
In the cooler months you can get some purple out of it. I have only grown the Space Queen dominant phenotype.

Querkle is on the left, you can tell by the purple hue.

Here is an image while still vegging

Abucks

I tried several runs of plushberry and never had much luck with it. Not a very potent strain, and I could never get it to dense up. Love TGA querkle though. Been growing the indica dominant pheno for four or so years now.

catalyte

Veteran
nice pics of the famed Querkle GG!!

thanks for sharing. Always have been interested in her so it's good to see people documenting this variety and especially in regards to phenotype selection. :yes:

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Here are a couple pics of Querkle I grew. It had good flavor and smell, but, very weak buzz.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

jaype

Nice pheno you have @skinny leaf. I have grown a couple strains from Jinxproof/TGA and out of a 5 pack of his strain Shangrilah I got 3 females and all 3 were fucking incredible. 2 was same pheno other was different but still very potent smoke. It is really awesome for my neck pain (which I broke less than a year ago) and helps with my migraines. I don't have a place to keep clones as I only have one grow space that's 4 x3 x8' high. I did reveg the two phenos that were the same though. I really want to grow TGA's Cherrygasm and Qrazytrain and trainwreck.

aqualungs

I grew timewreck and have had a couple pheno's passed to me by a friend. They were both potent and delicious. I was also, gifted a plushberry cut and cheesequake. The cheesequake was not very potent but smelled and tasted good. The plushberry smelled and tasted amazing and was more potent that the cheesequake. There are some good keepers in TGA's gear, you just have to do the typical pheno hunt.

Latest posts

Latest posts