What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Two Eshine LED 150x3w 3G panels growing chocolope

Hello everyone new member here.

Growing chocolope by DNA genetics. Been growing under hps for years but just switched to led for this grow

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Mostly sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Flower
If in Veg... For how long?
I veg for 10 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long?
7 weeks down at this point three to go.
Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor
Soil or Hydro?
Hydro
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Two ES-150x3W-3GB

Is it aircooled?
Yes
Temp of Room/cab?
20-24c
RH of Room/cab?

PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
No

Also will be trying bud washing for the first time. Anyone have any opinions or tips on washing freshly harvested plants?

Synthesis

Nice and compact mate :) well done!

By bud washing are you referring to a rapid water cure? or am I too stoned to interpret what you meant? haha

Nice and compact mate :) well done!

By bud washing are you referring to a rapid water cure? or am I too stoned to interpret what you meant? haha

I mean cut fresh plants down then 30 second agitation wash in warm water with 16 parts water 1 part lemons juice and 1 part baking soda. Then rinse in hottest tap water, then rinse in coolest tap water. Then hang to dry and cure as normal.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
I mean cut fresh plants down then 30 second agitation wash in warm water with 16 parts water 1 part lemons juice and 1 part baking soda. Then rinse in hottest tap water, then rinse in coolest tap water. Then hang to dry and cure as normal.

Wait, what?

Picture of washing a test bud in a jar. When I do whole plants it will be in large storage containers. The next pic is the test bud after two days drying.

This makes the bud plump up and dry a day faster and taste better and look better. It is a produce style hot cold quench wash.
Everyone always worries about trichomes. They are fine still a couple left after washing and drying ;-)

Lapides

Veteran
Bullshit.

There is absolutely NO POINT in washing your buds, unless you sprayed them with shit while they were growing, in which case, I'd just start over.

This is the most retarded thing I've read all year.

Why do your buds need washing?

Not so much a need as an improvement.
Try it some time and see ;-)

Better taste better colours. Apparently the hydration at cutting makes it cure faster due to chlorophyl and sugars metsbolising. Removes
Dust and stuff.

Bullshit.

There is absolutely NO POINT in washing your buds, unless you sprayed them with shit while they were growing, in which case, I'd just start over.

This is the most retarded thing I've read all year.

Sorry you are closed minded.
Do you say the same thing about curing? Can smoke without curin but much better with ;-)

Lapides

Veteran
Give me a fucking break. You're dipping your buds in water, LEMONS, and BAKING SODA and you're telling us that it IMPROVES your weed?

Ok, now THAT is the most retarded thing I've read all year.

And, no, I won't try it some time, or ever.

Give me a fucking break. You're dipping your buds in water, LEMONS, and BAKING SODA and you're telling us that it IMPROVES your weed?

Ok, now THAT is the most retarded thing I've read all year.

And, no, I won't try it some time, or ever.

Too bad you are so grouchy this morning...

Some
More
Pics
I even have trichomes on the bottoms of leaves too

Lapides

Veteran
Nah man, it's just a shame because your plants look presentable enough as is, without washing them in baking soda and lemon juice.

When something is just so absurd, I can't help myself from pointing it out. I wasn't grumpy until I read about bud washing.

Latest posts

Latest posts