What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ever get spooked? Have second thoughts?

monkeyman

So I am watching this show "Prison Break" right now and I'm wondering if anyone ever gets spooked or has second thoughts about their grow? I knew prison woudl suck going into this, but whenever I see picures of people walking around in orange jumpsuits it really drives it home how much is at stake.

It's late and I'm exhausted but I can't help but wonder sometimes if it is really worth the risk. I'm sure I'll be more calm by morning, but any reassuring words of advise out there on what to do when a wave of paranoia/fear wash over you?

kingspade

any reassuring words?

well, depending on what state your in, if you do get roped, if you don't have any prior charges, and a "smaller" grow, you'll most likely get probation on the first offense.

i know other people will say different probably, but, i my self have yet to been busted, but, i do have two friends that have been busted, and both, on first offence, got probation. that's in my state, which is pretty laid back on majiuana laws.

i get worried alot too, being that i'm a college student, with grants, but ... just don't give yourself the chance to get roped, easier said then done though ...

G

Hey,

Hey,

Kingspade.

Alternatively, if the feds set their sights on someone (for any number of reasons) and there's a long-term grow involved, even of a relatively small number of plants, but where a history of commercial transactions are verifiable through a variety of means, the scene can change really quickly.

Where I live, as a rule, they don't get involved unless there's 100 plants or more. But I know of persons where a group of friends was translated into a 'drug ring' by the federales, creative heathen that they are.

They took down the first couple of folks one at a time, initially using the primary snitch to entice a' friend' to help him trim due to physical limitations (that established 'conspiracy' in that poor young fellow's case), etc.,etc. THE SNITCH WAS GROWING(!!!!) (apparently with the blessing of the feds), and when it was all said and done, ONE, and only ONE (out of the entire group of over 12 people) hadn't turned evidence on his friends.

In that person's case (the one with integrity that wouldn't roll and play) they applied the full extent of RICO (approx. 6 add'l heavy-weight charges) and he was initially facing what amounted to (when added altogether) life without parole. He plead out and did (wasn't sentenced to but DID) eleven years!!

his total holdings at the time of the bust; 18 plants and some past boasting to a long-time 'friend' about his career as a gardener.

Of the roughly 150 plants (total) taken between 9 residences, 47 of them had been distributed as clones by the snitch!!!

The snitch later died of natural causes. His reason for doing his deeds? He was jealous about his brother making out better on a real estate deal than he did. Had NUTHIN' to do with an animosity toward weed at all!! That's right, he did his own brother too!!

Spooked? Anybody in the U.S. that doesn't get spooked, at least sometimes, isn't paying attention..... in my opinion.

Regards,

moose eater :wave:

Last edited:
G

^^^

^^^

Unexplained cash, statements indicating trafficking, others' statements that they've given money for dope, etc. etc.

Evidence of dealing weed for fun and profit.

And it potentially goes way beyond the greenbacks in a persons' pocket, as the group referenced above discovered to their serious dismay.

Remember that in the day of National Security Letter (read: 'USA PATRIOT Act, which never strictly applied to terror cases despite wishfulness of the frightened masses) the feds can demand records from businesses with very little evidence other than to say that "it's pertinent to an on-going investigation." Not "terror investigation." "Investigation." Period.

In fact, the persons whose records are being requested don't even have to be the target of the investigation. Welcome to Amerikkka!

A paper trail of unexplained cash coupled with evidence of long-term growing for sale is a major nail in a coffin at court.

Regards,

Last edited:
G

I am paranoid every day of my life...lol

When my dogs bark unusually loud , my heart races and I assume im getting raided.

If I see a cop drive by my house, (which is extremely rare), I panic.

Helicopters over my house, I assume are using thermal imaging.

When I see my neibhors looking at me weird, I assume they are suspicious and are on to me...

always worried about smell, what your throwing out, where and how you buy supplies......

Its just a part of daily life. If you grow you need to be extra aware...or parnoid, whatever you want to call it. Paranoia is a good thing, well as long as you dont let it control you. THeres times when Im just like "Gosh I cant wait till harvest so I can get all this shit outta my house".. but you know, to me its a bigger cuase then just getting some free smoke....when I grow its almost like a big fuck you to all the law makers and government. Plus growing is just damn fun..lol :)

I just dont tell anyone and keep to myself...if know one knows then theres a pretty slim chance of a bust.

Last edited:
G

Good words, Jay Roach.

Good words, Jay Roach.

A more flattering term might be 'hyper-vigilance.' It lacks the implications of a mental disorder, 'cause they really ARE out to get folks!!

And yeah, I suspect that it's like battling a good 'trip'; separating reality from fear is a major tight-rope walk sometimes. Or, as I've joked with others, 'Always remember that perception is 9/10 of the law.' ;^>)

Regards,

DJ Twist

Sure, I'm paranoid. But I don't worry too much:

Only a limited amount of people know about it. (My wife, my sister, and her husband). I grow pretty much just for us.

I don't buy obvious MJ growing stuff or shop at hydro stores. They're too expensive and too obvious. There's a big hydro store in my city, but I've never been and won't go. (Sometimes a clerk at Lowes will nod and smile when they see I have perlite, rooting hormone, etc.)

I grow only for personal use and to give away. I don't sell it.

I have no record.

I doubt I would go to prison, probably probation, community service, etc.

The worst part would be that I would lose my job and my abilty to get another job in the same field.

By the way, Prison Break is a kick-ass show.

G

By your description, DJ,

By your description, DJ,

.... You're a relatively benign and safe feller. (Not to mention the good karma of being kind to your family members, extended and otherwise).

It really IS about 2 things. The gov. preserving their PR (and pittance of credibility) about da' 'evil killer weed' and commerce. Commerce is power.

Imagine Mr. Rockefeller's or Mr. Rothschild's dismay when he realizes that Mr. Ochoa can match Rothschild's national or international clout in less than a tenth the time that it took the Rothschilds to establishn theirs!! Sends FEAR through the hearts of old money and the power establishment!

That, and that they've built what amounts to a modern Civil Conservation Corps (works project) loosely termed the 'prison industrial complex' outa' the prohibition movement, and use state grants now in the same way that they've used foreign aid for years! Comply, comply, comply.... and we'll send ya'll money!!! ;^>)

BTW, where I live, there's no difference to speak of between 'gifting' and 'sales.' By state law, it's all considered 'trafficking.' But the absence of money being involved will save you some scrutiny and put you way down on the food chain... where way fewer folks will care.

I'll quit hi-jacking your thread now with run-on and repetitive posts, Monkeyman. Apologies in advance.

I've spent too much time here lately anyway, and the rest of life awaits.

Peace, safety, and good fortune,

Last edited:

monkeyman

I have a cop drive by my open windows everynight, we're part of his rounds I assume. It would have me super paranoid if I hadn't observed it weeks before I ordered my first part or visited my first grow site. He drives by very slowly checking out the back of my apartment complex (where my grow room is).

I have things in a cab so I know he can't see anything but my heart still skips a beat when it happens. I have driven by so many times myself looking just to be sure that there is nothing visible to the outside world. Sigh, I wish I could close my shades but then there is no air flow and the room heats up to like 90 degrees.

Part of me hopes that its a good thing he can see into my room everynight. Maybe it'll bring him around to the conclusion that there is nothing strange going on in here.

G

if a bullet doesnt get you, a heart attack will. just live your life. no sense stressing about whats outside of your control, just control and maintain what you can, stay hungry, dont get complacent, don't get sloppy.

this one is for moose eater's friends

5022146.jpg

Last edited:

DJ Twist

I wouldn't worry about it, monkeyman.

He's probably helping you more than hurting you.

Even though I grow, I like to see cops in my neighborhood. The last thing I want is someone breaking in and the cops come then.

G

Trust me, Lorax

Trust me, Lorax

>>>"this one is for moose eater's friends"<<<

They know that one by heart, and they know what the alternatives consist of.

Me? When it boils down to it, I have very few friends, either due to my verbosity, my eccentricism, my opinions, or perhaps it's my tooth paste(?). ;^>) . And frankly, I find some attractive features to that relationship status. There's not many homo-sapiens whose integrity and thoughtfulness has impressed me to any great degree when the chips are down and there's incoming.

95% say, "Not me man! I would never....." And 99% DO when it all comes down. Few persons know themselves unless they've been tested by fire, and had to choose between their friends, their home, and their family. The rest is all speculation and ego.

The label 'friend' at my home is a very special status. I have a kazillion acquaintances. Very few friends.

BTW, your advice above in your post is a good credo. The Zen approach. The doper's serenity prayer, as it were.. "Grant me the power to control those things in my life that I can, the knowledge to identify those that I cannot control, and the wisdom to know the difference... for it may save my ass one day.... Amen." And then let 'er roll!

Regards,

Last edited:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Yeah sometimes I get paranoid but that is par for the course, it seems it intesifies as my girls get closer to harvest.
I'm more worried about being robbed and losing the safety of my home, once you get broken into and they know your not going to call the cops for obvious reasons they will break in again.
Thank god I own a ferocious little canine to watch my home.
Prison scares me as it would anybody but I keep my plant #'s very low and only grow for myself and give leftovers away to my friends.
I never get used to it though.

Papa Legba

It takes big balls to do what we do. No matter where we live there is some, or maybe even high risk involved. If you decide to walk down that road you have got to be confident. Be safe, stay humble and be alert.
I think the bottom line is if the negatives outweigh the positives, don't do it. I get paranoid too sometimes but, I still do it, because I love it.
If you don't mind, I would suggest easing off the cop shows. Thats what the man wants us to do.
peace
Papa

Dr.Feelgood

I think the most important thing is to not tell ANYONE. If no one knows, then no one can snitch or get jealous and rob you.

Then make sure that nothing can be detected from your grow. No sounds, no smells, no clippings in the trash (dispose of them at a random dumpster), no nuthin'.

And as far as the money goes: If you sell, don't put it in a bank account unless you clean/launder it first. You could take a trip to Vegas with a bunch of cash, get a hefty pile of chips, lose a few rounds of blackjack, and leave. They'll give you a receipt and you can claim that amount as winnings.....so I hear. Never tried it, myself. But, even if you don't do that, deposit most of your checks from your 9-5 job and enjoy what cash you have.

Don't be greedy. Don't worry, as long as everything is under control. And enjoy your hobby.

:canabis:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Papa Legba said:
It takes big balls to do what we do. No matter where we live there is some, or maybe even high risk involved. If you decide to walk down that road you have got to be confident. Be safe, stay humble and be alert.
I think the bottom line is if the negatives outweigh the positives, don't do it. I get paranoid too sometimes but, I still do it, because I love it.
If you don't mind, I would suggest easing off the cop shows. Thats what the man wants us to do.
peace
Papa

I couldn't have said it better myself. I would like to also overemphasize the last line. I believe that there is a police state being built up and I also believe that the television is the first vehicle to deliver it to the people. It's not okay now, it won't be okay then. Stand up and make the decision not to be swayed from your beliefs. That's what this country is founded on. If you have second thoughts, you're playing into their hands. Enjoy your freedom, but even more importantly... USE IT :wave:

paranoid...hell yea, sometimes worse than others, usually after a toke and I ask myself...'self what the fuck are you thinking ??? And self says...'If you can't even grow a garden without it being against the law, what the hell is this world coming to'. Can you imagine telling the early pioneers that it is illegal to grow a garden ??

My biggest worry is how it will affect my family and my job, but a man/woman has to stand up for his/her beliefs, even if it is against the so called law.

So screw the law...pass the bud and the watering can.

I say a big thank you to everyone here who is doing what they believe in because so many out there are to scared to and maybe thats part of the problem.

:dueling: :bat: :fsu:

G

Cyberjuice2012 wrote:

>>>I say a big thank you to everyone here who is doing what they believe in because so many out there are to scared to and maybe thats part of the problem.<<<

That'd be a big, life-sized "AMEN" on that Cyberjuice2012!

Regards,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts