What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ph problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
my new seedlings are showing brown ph spots. They are in fox farm light warrior. i was feeding them 7.4 tap water the first two weeks. then began ph ing to 6.8. after a week they started to show spots. I checked the soil w a tester it was reading 7.5. so i thought it was high and started to give them 6.5 water. the runoff read 7.0. A few days later(today) i gave them 6.5 h20 and some ewc. the runoff was 6.0. i went and checked my ph pen 7.0 on the dot. the girls are continuing to show more brown spots. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?? and WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO SAVE THESE GIRLS??

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Throw away the ph meter and let a properly assembled organic living soil take care of it...honestly this will save you.

But for a quick fix...topdress with REAL EWC or HIGH quality compost and leave the ph meter alone..think of it as an evil lying bastard that isn't telling you the truth...because it isn't.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
first calm down, nothing gets solved by worrying.. never seen it happen

second, never think your pH is because what your runoff is. If you want a long ass explanation and don't believe me, find on the net, or buy pH management in container plants, by Bill Agro..

third, you don't know those are pH related or not really. Might be Calcium

fourth, end pH matters when you feed your plants. in 'true organics', no Ph'ing needed. I've been there.. 4.0-7.0 , didn't matter.

fifth, you might just not have any food in that 'soil', and your tap might not be sufficient PPM

other then these things, I cannot help you, every setup is so different....

remember growing is a learning process...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You dont need to adjust the ph when there that young leave them alone. Typically if your using all organics PH/EC is not check by many. Having said that I check it all the time. What kind of meter are you using. Do you have any pics of the plants you can share.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
as with most seedling mixes, light warrior has almost no food for the plant.

top dress with ewc immediately, that will buy you a day or two.

it's probably time to transplant your babies into some better soil.

they are going into amended soil on the 1st when i move into my new house. i dont trust the ph pen nor want to use it anymore. like i said i gave em ewc today so hopefully it helps. But no matter what they are dieing on me and i need a solution.Fast.
HABEB- first. i am calm. But yes worried. These seeds cost me money i cant afford to lose and my families future depends on me.I fuck up they suffer.C.R.E.A.M
second. okay note taken.
third. i would be surprised if it was calcium this early in their lives. but maybe.
fourth. okay. I dont consider it organics quite yet because thier not in their amended soil yet.
fifth. they have been given Karma, Kelp, and molasses.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
You need an inert seedling mix...little or no ferts or nutes...just EWC...this will save them if you can transplant without killing them....they'll need love after that.

There are seedling mixes that you can buy at most garden centers or make your own using peat,perlite,lime,and ewc/compost..

Capt. Cheeze i gave them ewc today. store brand. wont have my own bin going til i get in my new house. Cant wait. I was thinking about giving them lime. Im trying to avoid transplant til after my move. they are in beer cups now. Hopefully i see some recovery then in the next 2 days. On the 1st i was planning to never use that pen again.

I was thinking but not sure about giving them a foliar feed of Age Old fish&seaweed 3-3-2But they only have their 3rd set of leaves. Not sure that they are ready for even a diluted nute feed.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
They don't need anything more. This is classic...they don't need ANYTHING but light and a soil that isn't bombarded with more stuff.

Don't add anything more...for two weeks!~!!!!

Thanks. Capt. Im glad i did that today and will let em be til transplant. Other than ewc and molasses of course!! You have given me sound advise quite a few times now. Since i cant throw you a joint hopefully some stranger does for the good karma.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
...I wouldn't trust that shit as far as I could throw it.....I would say it's safe to guess that it's a different looking mix from one end of the country to another at various times of the year....plus a bonus of fungus gnat eggs and root aphids most likely from outdoor storage or care-free big time commercial planting medium assembling practices.

The EWC should be fine...

Last edited:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You have an identical thread in the infirmary so I'm closing this one. No double postings.

Leave them be or you'll end up loving them right to death......

Status
Not open for further replies.