What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ultra Pragma: ?x600W hydro (Chimera C4)

P

Pragma

Greetings friends :tiphat:

I usually wait until the harvest is over, but I'm super stoked about these so I decided to make a diary and update it till its done. I'm currently 21 days or so into flowering.

Also as you might guess with my new account, I need all the posts I can get right now :laughing:
(my old account cyber echo is going to be deleted soon, as soon as I get 50 posts, as to not lose contact with a few peeps, and chat section)

Here's the basic rundown:

Lights: 2x600W Per drain table, lets not get into the nitty gritty ;)

Genetics: Chimera C4 ( Cotton Candy x Shishkaberry )

Phenos: Clones off 4 different moms being pragmatically™ tested. 3 of them seem stretchy and smelly, 1 of them is the famous celery pheno that has almost no odor, supertight nodes, biggest colas so far. I think the latter will be keeper in terms of growth and shape, but it all depends on which smokes the best. Honestly I like them all,and they grow fast like there's a fire under their ass.

Medium: Canna Hydroton, great out of the bag, I soaked em in semi RO water and the pH showed 5.8 ;) Thanks for actually buffering Canna !

Hydro System: Custom built draintables, bit of a ghetto job, but I ain't paying 100 euros for each drain tray ! Basically Fed from above via drippers and the runoff is collected and returned to rez. Being watered periodically with high pressure jets and not constantly.

Nutes&Additives: Aqua Vega for veg, Aqua Flores for flowering, CanadianXpress Headmasta for bloomboost (love it !), Cannazym (when I can afford dumping a bottle into rez each week), Rhizotonic (first two weeks)

Training:
I'm a big LST nut. I train my plants early on and try to get 5-6 colas dominat bushes per plant, keeping the lights close and trying to make those columns tight noded to get big tall bats of bud.

Some Veg pics:
(Early LST'd)
YLVov.jpg

V0BRq.jpg

(This table I let them veg out an extra week before I lst'd, heres the structure before lst)
2w6Gi.jpg

8eH4k.jpg

UKztJ.jpg

Preflip: (Noticed the non-horizontal reflector after I took the pic, you'll have to put up with it and my unprofessionalism :/ )
hztOu.jpg

Flowering:

Week1 (nothing much interesting so wont spam lots of pics)
Mvx9H.jpg

Week2 I think I'm starting to see some pistils :chin:
VPdkh.jpg

4Is6W.jpg

(week2.5)
A8IL1.jpg

I had a pH drift which some plants didn't like. My pH monitor was calibrating correctly but measuring incorrectly, around adding 0.6 and so my pH was way off what it should be. Took 2 hours testing at the growshop before they gave me a new electrode as replacement, working fine after that, hopefully. (My luck aint great with electronics)

Week3 (Where im at as I made the thread)
oLbBg.jpg

uzU3M.jpg

sAh2R.jpg

jqxBO.jpg

rNs23.jpg

oA28F.jpg

Excuse the mess here and there, most of these pics were taken quickly with no intention of ever being shown.

Thanks for the views friends, any questions lemme know, comments welcome !
Stay safe, stay pragmatic
:tiphat:

A

ariston

nice setup :)

some questions about stats, how big is your reservoir? how much nutes do you add?

also, i cant see how your drain system works, the trays arent visible. how did you set it up cheaply?

eager to see the end results of this, pragma :) godspeed

P

Pragma

Hey ariston, thanks for the kind words !
Rez is almost 360L, I keep ec at 0.6 for starters, eventually ramping it up to 1.4 or so. As with most recirculating systems ec is a tad lower than usual as the nutes are always in contact with the roots.

As for the drain, I made a drain table from beams of wood, where you see the pots standing. The beams under the pot are isolated with foil as to not soak em, runoff drips through them to a collecting sheet under the table. The sheet is made of thick inert substance, as to support the weight. A hole in the middle with a 19mm hose going back to rez.

Hope this helps !

P

Pragma

j6V9w.jpg

abRuL.jpg

Some minor leaf issues here and there due to the pH swing that happened weeks back, but no progression as it has been fixed, shame though as otherwise these plants are pretty much picture perfect.