What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Xmas bud

TokerAce

Hey peeps my patients all have expressed interest in the old school xmas bud that smells like pine trees! I for the love of weed I cant remember (if i ever knew) what the strain was! So if ya got any ideas of what it could be please let me know! I want to suprise them next xmas with a fat sack of xmas goodies! TY B safe

Rinse

Veteran
Im told that x-mas tree buds is not just the strain but outdoor grown indica basically, but taken care of alot better than mids, hi grade piney afghan.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
a lot of hazes have a piney smell, I think some trainwreck crosses too.

R

ran outta love

Not 100% about this but I'm under the impression that "Christmas Bud" is some late maturing Mexican crop. Like stuff that finishes early November/December outdoors in Mexico.

Rinse

Veteran
Not 100% about this but I'm under the impression that "Christmas Bud" is some late maturing Mexican crop. Like stuff that finishes early November/December outdoors in Mexico.

A friend tells me its N. American o.d grown indica, finishes around september, by the time its dried and cured to sell, its november/december, also it smells piney, hence x-mas tree buds.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
its bud that santa claus brings... :tongue:

It can be any number of different bud...to actually find the ones you used to get might be tough with everyone and their mom growing weed these days...

I

Iron_Lion

A friend tells me its N. American o.d grown indica, finishes around september, by the time its dried and cured to sell, its november/december, also it smells piney, hence x-mas tree buds.

I've had some early O.D that smelled just like a fresh pine cone, super strong pine smell and taste, never got a name on what it was tho. I would love to find something like it. I've had some piney haze, but it was more cat pissy/piney, I didnt keep it because it took way too long to finish and just wasnt piney like the other stuff.

The christmas bud we used to get in the PNW was rediiiculously sticky and stanky. So sticky it looked like there was syrup in the bag. Giant christmas tree shaped buds. Miss that weed....

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Way before the internet we would get mexican bud this time of year that was called christmas tree bud. I remember them calling it this because the plants looked like christmas trees along with the piney smell. This stuff was by no means an indica. I got some seeds from someone who was into mexican weed that they labeled as christmas bud. I never have popped them.

Cannavore

Veteran
Xmas bud on the east coast was/is most definitely an NL or Afghani type or something very similar and indica dom. And I miss it. Who got some Xmas bud seeds? :)

Brelva

Man I do miss that christmas bud of old. Dark green super dense with super red hairs and that piney flavor come pourin off the joint for daaayyyyyyssssss :tree: Used to be able to count on it flowin through every year but haven't seen it in awhile.

RedSoloCup

I have some beans of these just need time/ space to run some out and find that familiar smell! (only problem is they arent labeled and are mixed with other randoms)

rolandomota

Swazi safari or haze 13 at seedboutique. I have been wanting a nice pine strain for a while but it seems their aren't that many to be had. With all the breeding and legal weed now a days I would think it would be very easy to find a strain that's pine dominant in smell and flavor but it seems kind of rare. I'm afraid of the seeds being to old to sprout with the swazi safari. I can't grow until who knows When so that's the main reason for not buying haze 13 or swazi safari.

Grateful_Breath

'79 Xmas Bud seeds making the rounds. . .

'79 Xmas Bud seeds making the rounds. . .

just got these (March 2018) from an old-timer who carries a lot of CSI gear.

Attachments

• IMG_3180.jpg
    IMG_3180.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3181.jpg
    IMG_3181.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 10

sdd420

Veteran
Xmas was an outdoor indica that came in to the Bay Area every year in December. Was dark green and indica 100%....killer weed. Haven’t seen it for maybe 10 years