What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honeycomb Oil BHO Budder Wax

akula

So you are saying the Sweet Leaf collective sells your hash and the secret process you use is the ghetto "whip it" method?

BTW just to be clear I am not calling you out or anything (it seems like I am maybe) I have seen your pics on a different thread. I just really cannot believe you get those results just from whipping it.

hammalamma

Veteran
It really makes me sad that people use scientific lab grade equipment to make caveman products. What a fucking joke! Learn to use the expensive equipment you buy before making "meds" for "patients".

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
On another forum a fellow replied to a guy asking about using vacuum pumps an such and the guy replied just whip it, it does the same thing as vacuum purge. facepalm

The guy in that video akula posted says " that extra vacuum purge, gets all the waxes n stuff out, its needed" (facepalm) I guess I've been winterizing for no reason this whole time.lol From the looks of it this genius is blasting inside as well.

"This keeps your oil from getting thin"? What is with people and purposely purging in thick films, I don't see the reasoning behind this. I have said it before and I'll say it again the thinner the better! Thin film purging is the only way to go, wheather you use negative pressure and heat or just heat.

H

HighBurn8

its all about low heat, whipping, and patience to get the honeycomb look. knowing when to stop whipping as well if you really want a lot of "honeycomb" holes

Blasting inside, whipping, using a ball jar, selling contaminated meds to sick folk. ...

Attachments

• picard-facepalm.jpg
    picard-facepalm.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 12

CarefulGrower

A long steady vacuum purge with top of the line set-up seems to be the key. Here is a decent but long video on how one guy does it. I think with a longer vacuum purge he would of had better results.

http://youtu.be/9tEVOq4Fd_Q

http://youtu.be/En6V3pnUMMM

He vacuumed it for 18 hours. I've never had 7 grams (what he purged) takes longer than 6. After his first purge his patty looked pretty damn nice (hard to tell with parchment blocking clarity). After the second, you could see heavy cloudiness, after the third he had a 'cookie' of wax.

I think it turned so quickly because he isn't heating it completely in between purges. He just uses the chamber on a skillet @ 115f, which leaves the top surface of the oil at or slightly above room temperature while the bottom heats up. He vacuums it while it is warming up (still cool), and the waxing speeds up, the pile wants to purge but the cool top prevents bubbles from releasing. I've always used a toaster oven/torch to get the entire pile of oil warm, allows for the bubbles to escape easily as the oil is more viscous when heated.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
I notice alot of people don't get their oil up to proper temps under vacuum, alot of people will keep the heat so low it takes ages for bubbles to break. Most of the time people will purge in such thick films as you stated and they never get the oil completely viscous and tends to wax up rather quickly. Others will do thin film purge and then fold the oil untill its a thick glob and try to achieve wax. IMO if you keep your temps steady, your oil viscous and the film is very thin, under vacuum it will have a hard time waxing up.

kronicbliss

someone took ours and got it tested and it tested extremely low for residual solvent and we only used a chamber and pump since we were still waiting on our oven yeah it had a tiny bit in there but it wasn't a lot...and the tastes is not horrible it is just a lot harsher

Trainer88

Figured it out through trying different techniques.

Figured it out through trying different techniques.

Made wax a bunch of times. I have learned there are many many ways to make it and achieve different textures,smells,looks etc. I have achieved this particular look and texure through folding. While purging in the vac, remove the wax every hour or so, and fold the parchment paper over, smashing the wax back flat. Do this several times through the purge process. This allows air bubbles to form and become trapped in the wax...creating a honeycomb look as soon as purge/evap is comeplete.

Very interesting. I always wondered what caused this look. I have some resin that looks similar to this when looking at it close enough.

Latest posts

Latest posts