What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AOTA**Samson Cut**

S

sanvanalona

Yeah I have always enjoyed the AOTA, I think it is one of the rare strains that is actually better outside than inside. Outdoor it is quick to finish and I have seen great yields like veg n out said. Up until reading this thread I was under the assumption that the AOTA was only one phenotype, but maybe the one I am familiar with is just the dominant one. I rarely see it in the clubs so that is interesting. Good B+ is accurate.

G

guest8905

b+ huh? thanks both of you for the info and input.

so can you share what others you may put on par with this, other b+ herbs?

looking to replace the tired and imo boring Mr. Nice cut that is run in norcal, aka as the purple mr. nice.. would you guys say it is better than that?

V

Veg N Out

The real AOTA clone, I have never heard of there being more than 1 other than the one from Potter Valley...Is more unique than the Mr Nice..The high types are similar. You're buzzed but there is no real character to the high..The smell and flavor are there and so is the bag appeal and nug structure when done outdoors properly. It can be a good one. Salmon Creek and Green Crack are on par with the AOTA clone. All KGB.

The real AOTA clone, I have never heard of there being more than 1 other than the one from Potter Valley...Is more unique than the Mr Nice..The high types are similar. You're buzzed but there is no real character to the high..The smell and flavor are there and so is the bag appeal and nug structure when done outdoors properly. It can be a good one. Salmon Creek and Green Crack are on par with the AOTA clone. All KGB.

The real Aota is from Arcata and is only held by a few people. I am friends with one of them and have heard the whole story behind it in detail.
It finishes as early as mid Sept outdoors. It's unique but nothing too special.
It's an important clone to the people that have it mostly for sentimental reasons.
And Veg N Out I disagree that it's on par with Green Crack. GC impressed the shit out of me. Good to see you posting.

S

sanvanalona

Yeah I think it must be held closely, I got it because one of the kids close to the project used to live in my hometown. I still have access to her, and will most likely run one or two outside this year, but I thought that green crack was a good comparison, I would also say that afgooey, sour grape haze would also be on par. Basically, its great just not on the Diesel/og level.

G

guest8905

thanks guys for your input. On par with GC is not bad at all.

thanks again

V

Veg N Out

The real Aota is from Arcata and is only held by a few people. I am friends with one of them and have heard the whole story behind it in detail.
It finishes as early as mid Sept outdoors. It's unique but nothing too special.
It's an important clone to the people that have it mostly for sentimental reasons.
And Veg N Out I disagree that it's on par with Green Crack. GC impressed the shit out of me. Good to see you posting.

Get out and try better herb. GC is your average run of the mill Killer Green Bud..Just like AOTA.

talktosamson

Veteran
LOL cant believe this thread still exists. I grew that AOTA cut out for a few years and then lost it in a move. Overall it was a great strain to have around, Yielded well, and always had an amazing smell and taste. Sweet lemon, funky goodness. After a while I needed to move on to different things. Im pretty sure mine was just the normal No cal AOTA and nothing special as I had originally thought.

sativa_first

I had some AOTA kush a couple months ago, couldn't find much legitimate information on it. The stuff I got was just a nice green color, id say about a 6.5 with 1 being dark and 10 being neon. had some bright orange hairs. it was a weird sort of cure, when you broke it up it was almost like cotton or cotton candy, it sounds weird to say but thats the only way i can say. the stuff I had was straight stinky though had a body odor type smell on impact but when you broke it up it had a little bit of sweetness. this stuff always makes me break out in a sweat when i smoke it too. Easily one of the most unique strains i've came across in my 7 years of smoking. will post a pic if i can find a camera