What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

eating the flowers insted of smoking them. r the effects the same?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
eating the flowers insted of smoking em. r the effects the same?

my next Q is how much would ya have to eat to get the same amount of buzzness as toking a gram.

when I toke 1 gram I get super ripped. but I wanted to know of eating 1 gram would get me the same amount of rippness?

thanks.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Short answer: No. Ingesting is always different.

Long answer: Read all the stuff on here about edibles. :D

Stay Safe! :tree:

boroboro

Seems to be different for different people. I may be one of those who is more susceptible to edibles, and so I love them. I actually prefer edibles to smoking. I might use 2-3 times as much cannabis per dose with the edibles, but since I grow my own that's fine with me.

eating a raw bud is not too efficient, though, since you're missing the whole decarboxylation process:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=171106
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=163471&highlight=decarboxylation

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
never had more than a slight buzz from eating the raw plant material

but i can tell you

edibles get you SOOOOO much more of an effect than smokables. when done right.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eating gets the liver involved, which changes things.

I find ingested meds more pain relieving than vaporized or smoked meds.

Many people find ingesting the raw bud an irritant to their digestive track, but the oral extracts certainly work well on average testing.

GW