What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

nirvana PPP - seems well named

the 'after buzz' you describe is pretty close to my experience, didn't find it sleepy exactly, more of a daze, but it does last quite a while
it does seem to put my anxiety in check pretty thoroughly, which is probably the most desirable part for me
the grape pheno sounds like a find, haven't seen anyone else report that one, might be worthwhile breeding stock if you have space
I share your experiences with PPP. Everyone who have tasted PPP have liked it. Low tolerance guys said it is strong. Well, I have severe tolerance, so I prefer smoke something stronger during days off, weekends and nights.
Will grow this sometimes again in future. There is short smoke report in my grow thread which can be found from signature.

A guy I know got some of those for free. He said he didnt' expect much because they were freebees. Funny thing is is lost them. Now he can read this thread and see what he is missing.

igrowone

Veteran
I share your experiences with PPP. Everyone who have tasted PPP have liked it. Low tolerance guys said it is strong. Well, I have severe tolerance, so I prefer smoke something stronger during days off, weekends and nights. Will grow this sometimes again in future. There is short smoke report in my grow thread which can be found from signature.
i'll have to check that out, the tolerance part sounds pretty dead on i'm probably closer to the middle of the tolerance spectrum, definitely not high tolerance, for us PPP seems pretty hard hitting
A guy I know got some of those for free. He said he didnt' expect much because they were freebees. Funny thing is is lost them. Now he can read this thread and see what he is missing.
mine were freebies too, well worth growing out i see plenty of posters who find that the freebies were better than what they ordered, seeds are a crap shoot

igrowone

Veteran
thought i'd do a little updating here, another piece of the puzzle slides into place
a tolerance does seem to build fairly fast, so not quite the 1 hit weed that i started with
but not really a bad thing, it was a touch disorienting in the beginning
as some others describe it, a non racy up that is pretty functional
i get some 'tranquilizer' mixed in there, which makes this pretty useful for someone with depression/anxiety issues
i have seen a few mention that african sativa genetics can be a good match for those with anxiety
though some of them do have a trippy/racy rep

mr noodles

i am flowering the cut i saved form a selection from gypsy generous gift .

i choosen this particular pheno because it remember me the superb african hach we had in montreal circa 1985 .its spectacular and ready at week 9 and completely covered by thc , nice purple and pink shade from the cold nights we had in the winter .its not the most fruity pheno but a balanced one between slightly fruity and hach taste .

very medical for fibro , lupus, ibs

i did some and it was exactly the same black and nice warm perfect hashish i used to loved so much .

its a massive producer too and stealth too .

a very nice gift from gypsy and nirvana seeds

early420

I popped 5 PPP Fem, 2 made it. One very short and stout with very little stretch 65 days flowering with 10% amber and 70% cloudy and one that displayed 2x stretch 76 days flower to get the same trich percentages. The buds look the same, the leaves look the same (very sativa looking), they both display a mild smell during flowering and after curing for a few weeks they both smell like funky Bannanas.

The buzz is the same on both as well. Very much an anti-anxiety medication in my opinion. I would say it is of mild strength but my tolerance is GOD-LIKE, so....

Very nice genetics I believe. Super happy with this strain.

superbolan

My sativa PPP pheno has continued to grow during bloom another foot so far. Should be an interesting high on that one, has a spicy almost peppery smell to it

igrowone

Veteran
about another month of cure, i think this must be a different pheno than commonly seen
definitely an indica dominant effect, the cure seems to have increased this effect, it can take the legs out from under me
at this point, i can summarize the effect as like smoking Thorazine
i've never taken major tranquilizers, so just a best guess
i think this is the kind of MJ you would want to give someone that is having a major psychotic attack, it seems to close down mental activity to a crawl
it was interesting to have grown out and tried, but this pheno isn't a keeper, at least for me

Thanks igro, for the details on the Nirvan PPP, I seen the PPP on a special some time ago Buy 1 (10) Pack get 1 (10) Pack Free for $28.00 so I think I made out!

igrowone

Veteran
Thanks igro, for the details on the Nirvan PPP, I seen the PPP on a special some time ago Buy 1 (10) Pack get 1 (10) Pack Free for $28.00 so I think I made out!

definitely a different strain, i will run PPP again in the future, would like to get the more sativa effect
always wanted to try some african genetics, even it is in a hybridized form

Hope you don't mind me posting this.

Im at day 21 of my PPP and is doing suprisily nicely. All my other plants aren't that fast really and I am growing only mostly indica genetics..

igrowone

Veteran
Hope you don't mind me posting this.

Im at day 21 of my PPP and is doing suprisily nicely. All my other plants aren't that fast really and I am growing only mostly indica genetics..

not at all, feel free to post, the more experiences we have with a strain, the easier it is for those who are trying to decide what to grow
nice strong looking plant, guessing pic was under HPS for the yellow leaves
post any experiences with the strain that anyone might find useful

phog

Veteran
whats up igrowone?

i have some ppp going right now at 8 1/2 weeks. they are pretty damn frosty. i'm not getting the big yield everyone seems to get- but it looks like a good plant

igrowone

Veteran
whats up igrowone?

i have some ppp going right now at 8 1/2 weeks. they are pretty damn frosty. i'm not getting the big yield everyone seems to get- but it looks like a good plant

some nice looking pics phog
this is a frosty strain, trying to cut my bud up is funny, it doesn't cut really, more like little hash chunks
i think you have a sativa pheno from the pics, i'd be really curious how it smokes
feel free to toss a quick smoke report here, if you feel so inclined

igrowone

Veteran
another 78w cfl micro grow, same old SB freebies
grow log link - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=316931

1st grow was very indica, squat, fast ripening, heavy producer
not PPP's rep, sativa is more the rule

this time sativa it was, about as different as it could get
9 1/2 weeks of 12/12 for the 1st PPP, 14 weeks for this one
and even then few cloudy trichs, at 14 weeks enough was enough

yield was utter crap, about 1/2 oz
bud had to be very close to the cfl's to put on any weight
same grow setup as 1st run, thinking genetics was part of that

a smellier plant, strange mix of sweet and garbage can
cured for a month+, turned quite sweet with some sour, no complaints there

taste is lightly sweet and pleasant, dutch genetics stereotype

used a vape, so factor that in on the effects
effect was gentle up to start, with a strong build
quite strong, but no anxiety, interesting that
indica influences present i think, just not as much as the 1st pheno
by sativa, i'm using the old mexican/columbians as my ruler
this PPP was a hybrid, some sativa but a long ways from a landrace sativa imho
suspect white widow influence, which is listed in the genetics

Del_9_THC

I have grown Nirvana PPP several times and I have found it to be very stable genetics. All of my grows the plants were uniform. Grows were several years apart, too.

For the price, Nivana genetics are excellent. I have grown many of their strains, not a bad one in the mix. ( that I have tried)

I have very heavy tolerance and I really enjoy this smoke.
PPP is easy to grow, clones well, and is very tolerant of abuse.

If you let her go 10 weeks instead of 8, you will get good results.

igrowone

Veteran
nice to see good PPP experiences, not bad for the price at all
and a small update to the last pheno after the cure
this was a really good quality plant, very sweet effect
no bad to it, a sweetness for the mind

Latest posts

Latest posts