What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Would You Trim This Girl's Bush ?

brown_thumb

Due to a bit of leaf burn from excess feeding and heat/light burn, this girl had to be topped early and lose some fan leaves. Now she's a bit bushy.

How would you trim her?

EDIT 20180412: This is an outside plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

brown_thumb

I've done some research but was hoping I'd receive some advice from my buddies here on icmag. :)

This hybrid is apparently showing mostly indica traits and the stress-induced early topping is causing her to branch wildly with very little stretching.

Let me know if I need more detailed photos showing more branching.

In the meantime, I'll focus my searches on "trimming bushy indica cannabis".

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
If you cut those lowers off the top will respond with some growth. It may benefit and grow some if you let it dry out a bit. I myself would remove that fan leaf covering what looks to be "top #3" or "top#4" pics make it kinda hard to see. Keeping the lights a little further away form the plant than normal. I have found that helps slow vegging plants get a little bit of legs to them. That's not an orginal idea of mine, stole it from member OGKushBreath.

brown_thumb

I think you're probably right. I'll post some photos showing better detail of the branching hidden beneath the leaves.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
No offence brother, but, umm, you do kinda have a brown thumb...

Good luck, better get some more seeds planted ASAP...:tiphat:

brown_thumb

Yeah, I know I suck at growing.:) I have other plants doing much better. I think my problem, other than being an idiot newb, is I'm growing several different strains and they all like different growing conditions, so I'm having difficulties balancing what they all need. From now on I'll limit my grows to one or two strains.

The above stated, I'm sure this girl will live. How well she grows from now on is unknown. I suspect this one will require perpetual 'sculpting'.

brown_thumb

DoubleTripleOG, sorry I failed to address your comment about lighting. This is an outside plant. I moved her to the ground, from the bench she was sitting on, but that extra 40cm distance from the sun didn't help much.:)

brown_thumb

Before I perform more surgery on this poor girl, these ARE buds, right?? She's going into early flower?? I didn't notice as I was trimming yesterday. Too many stresses, I suppose. If these are buds then I'm going to pick them off and put her in 24 hour light for two days to force her back into vegetative state. This will result in topping her again, causing further bushiness.
:fsu:

picture.php

brown_thumb

Okay, I know I'm an idiot but I just don't know for certain these are little buds. I don't want to remove them until I'm sure they are. I'll know if/when they get a little bigger.

Latest posts

Latest posts