What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MountainBudz Underground Lair

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Everything is going great so far! Thanks for dropping in my friend WV.. I have been doing some "pre-grow" cleaning and getting everything prepped for this run. Gonna do a few tweaks this round and some changes. A quarter of my flower room will be split into a veg room as well, I will get that project done before I flip to flower.

I am being as careful as I can, it's just hard to stop a man that is performing the work he does with a drive for the passion that he loves to do, ya know? Its a harmless hobby that has never hurt anyone. Although I understand the laws, I can't help but keep growing... Regardless of what happens, it will never be the wrong thing to do. I know that isn't what you are insinuating, I'm just putting it out there.

I was born for this. I shall die for it, sacrifice for it, as well. It's the only thing I have ever been good at...

Take care WV, keep in touch and keep dropping by! And yeah, they are ALL dirty in some form or fashion around here, been that way since I can remember and I don't ever see that changing!

:tiphat:

I know exactly what you mean.....I'm the same way man. I've started cleaning out my basement and already have a 1000hps I'm gonna be using. Indoor growing is a huge Passion for me and my specialty and tons of experience in the indoor growing. It's been a few yrs since I've had a indoor grow..... probably at least 8yrs so I'm very excited to get going. It's gonna take a shit load of work and a few good inline fans to get the air and mold outta there. But I'm gonna start cleaning the basement with the mold cleaner stuff to get it outta there hopefully and do a indoor grow before it gets warm out. It's old unfinished half basement but it'll be good once I get it cleaned up and get some inline fans circulating air. I know it's hard to stop and very harmless what we do. I mean most growers I know are non violent offenders. I really wish this part of the country would be move cannabis friendly like out west.

But on another note looks like you got some nice strains to run. Do you run hydro tables or soil?? Good luck friend I'll check in on your grow and keep in touch

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
I gotta ask in case no one else has, didnt they seize your electronic stuff? I mean dude your still going through the processes here and already back up with seeds and cuts. WTF is really going on. seems they would have access to who you are online and also know your setting back up before you even have the other stuff squashed. I mean P.O officers can search your house whenever they feel like so unless you moved to another state, I think people need to know your hot right now man.

Everyone knows what happened to me because I announced it publicly and they are coming to me with offers... I explain my situation further in private messaging. I am not on probation, I am not really what you would consider hot at the moment either.

They did not seize my electronic equipment and they found no info whatsoever of me doing anything online... it doesn't always happen that way. The laws have loosened up a bit on weed here in this state and honestly they dont really push it that hard in court due to the real problems going on like (meth, opiates, heroin, etc)...

I have a safe mailing addy that is not connected to me in any way. They took about 75% of the equipment THEY FOUND and left some behind. My flower room is not on my property, the seeds they found didn't have addresses and names on them, I have always burned all evidence related to mailing things. I don't leave stuff like that sitting around. I am as good as I was before I got popped as long as I keep my odor under control, but like I said the flower room isn't on my property. I am golden, I just need to watch my shit. Thanks for your concern though. Without knowing the entire in depth story I can see how it can easily become confusing.

Everyone knows what happened to me because I announced it publicly and they are coming to me with offers... I explain my situation further in private messaging. I am not on probation, I am not really what you would consider hot at the moment either.

They did not seize my electronic equipment and they found no info whatsoever of me doing anything online... it doesn't always happen that way. The laws have loosened up a bit on weed here in this state and honestly they dont really push it that hard in court due to the real problems going on like (meth, opiates, heroin, etc)...

I have a safe mailing addy that is not connected to me in any way. They took about 75% of the equipment THEY FOUND and left some behind. My flower room is not on my property, the seeds they found didn't have addresses and names on them, I have always burned all evidence related to mailing things. I don't leave stuff like that sitting around. I am as good as I was before I got popped as long as I keep my odor under control, but like I said the flower room isn't on my property. I am golden, I just need to watch my shit. Thanks for your concern though. Without knowing the entire in depth story I can see how it can easily become confusing.

Hope to see you land back on your feet. Thanks for the honest and sencire reply

MountainBudz

Hope to see you land back on your feet. Thanks for the honest and sencire reply

No problem Hiesenbubble, I'm getting there but this line of work is slow and requires a ton of patience... I am supposed to receive some good sized clones today, already rooted and a little bushy. That's definitely gonna get my feet in the water a bit quicker as all my seeds are just now only popping their little heads out of the dirt.

My plan is to do a higher plant number with less veg time so I can get my first harvest in quicker. I need it asap!

MountainBudz

I know exactly what you mean.....I'm the same way man. I've started cleaning out my basement and already have a 1000hps I'm gonna be using. Indoor growing is a huge Passion for me and my specialty and tons of experience in the indoor growing. It's been a few yrs since I've had a indoor grow..... probably at least 8yrs so I'm very excited to get going. It's gonna take a shit load of work and a few good inline fans to get the air and mold outta there. But I'm gonna start cleaning the basement with the mold cleaner stuff to get it outta there hopefully and do a indoor grow before it gets warm out. It's old unfinished half basement but it'll be good once I get it cleaned up and get some inline fans circulating air. I know it's hard to stop and very harmless what we do. I mean most growers I know are non violent offenders. I really wish this part of the country would be move cannabis friendly like out west.

But on another note looks like you got some nice strains to run. Do you run hydro tables or soil?? Good luck friend I'll check in on your grow and keep in touch

Hopefully we will have at least medical soon, the way it's looking.

I am running soiless as of now (promix), in 3 gallon grow bags. After this harvest, I am likely gonna switch to either coco or flood and drain. Not sure yet. What about you?

Dawgfunk

Hey mtnbudz, u gonna get your hands on anymore of the krks? Glad to see you got some beans to start with. Really stoked to pop the rest of the night riders and also some of these swamis. From what I’ve found so far it looks super promising. Funky genetics. What are you crackin first?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Hopefully we will have at least medical soon, the way it's looking.

I am running soiless as of now (promix), in 3 gallon grow bags. After this harvest, I am likely gonna switch to either coco or flood and drain. Not sure yet. What about you?

I just use Ocean Forest or Promix......and a few things I add to the mixes. So just soil mixes I've used many times that's tried and true over the yrs. If I can get the mold cleaned up in this basement I'll be golden. In my old indoor grows I'd always use 5gal buckets and grow big plants......lol back then I was one of the few guys running containers that big. Ten yrs or so ago alot of guys were into these micro grows and things. Alot of things have changed the last ten yrs and there's alot of new techniques and idealogy of really how to commercialize things. There's alot of pop-up growers everywhere now. Hell you can look on eBay and find used ballast by the pallets. Alot of people have went into business of growing.....whether it be to make oils or what not there setting up shop and growing. Cannabis is a huge industry HUGE industry outside these southern states.

But I'm gonna probably bump it up a notch on my containers. I'm probably gonna run a 20gal tote or so along with 5gal buckets. I'm just gonna run 3-4 plants this winter. Until I see how bad the odor is with a few plants that's all I'm doing. Every smart grower knows it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to cover or mask the smell or a large indoor grow entirely. There's just no way to completely get that ggrowroom smell eliminated 100%. But im sure with 3-4 bigger plants it's gonna be hard to get that odor under control still. I really don't wanna go much bigger either on this first grow until I make sure the plants do ok and the mold don't fuck with them. I'm working on cleaning up this basement and rigging up a inline fan to get some air circulating. So that's pretty much what ive got in store lol. I'm just happy to maybe get back to my passion .....and that's indoor growing!!!!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Ime smell during harvest is what you need to worry about. It’s possible to keep a lid on smell during grow, and that is hard enough! But when you start chopping is when the problem is impossible to contain!!

I hope everything works out for you!!

MountainBudz

I just use Ocean Forest or Promix......and a few things I add to the mixes. So just soil mixes I've used many times that's tried and true over the yrs. If I can get the mold cleaned up in this basement I'll be golden. In my old indoor grows I'd always use 5gal buckets and grow big plants......lol back then I was one of the few guys running containers that big. Ten yrs or so ago alot of guys were into these micro grows and things. Alot of things have changed the last ten yrs and there's alot of new techniques and idealogy of really how to commercialize things. There's alot of pop-up growers everywhere now. Hell you can look on eBay and find used ballast by the pallets. Alot of people have went into business of growing.....whether it be to make oils or what not there setting up shop and growing. Cannabis is a huge industry HUGE industry outside these southern states.

But I'm gonna probably bump it up a notch on my containers. I'm probably gonna run a 20gal tote or so along with 5gal buckets. I'm just gonna run 3-4 plants this winter. Until I see how bad the odor is with a few plants that's all I'm doing. Every smart grower knows it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to cover or mask the smell or a large indoor grow entirely. There's just no way to completely get that ggrowroom smell eliminated 100%. But im sure with 3-4 bigger plants it's gonna be hard to get that odor under control still. I really don't wanna go much bigger either on this first grow until I make sure the plants do ok and the mold don't fuck with them. I'm working on cleaning up this basement and rigging up a inline fan to get some air circulating. So that's pretty much what ive got in store lol. I'm just happy to maybe get back to my passion .....and that's indoor growing!!!!

I used to use FFOF when I first started growing, always had amazing results mixing it about half and half with promix HP (high porosity "which is the best imo from promix"). I would put straight ffof about 5 inches from bottom up then do my mix and my plants absolutely loved it when the roots hit the ocean forest.

Now days I budget and go the cheaper route and do my own mixes with just as good reuslts...

Get that basement cleaned WV and get to it brother, you will be harvesting in the spring! I wish you the best of luck brother... stay in touch.

I have a new thread btw if you haven't checked it out, it's coming along.

MountainBudz

Ime smell during harvest is what you need to worry about. It’s possible to keep a lid on smell during grow, and that is hard enough! But when you start chopping is when the problem is impossible to contain!!

I hope everything works out for you!!

Lord yes, harvest/drying period is the absolute worse for odor control. I am going all out this time and doing my absolute best to conceal and eliminate the odor. If your in a non legal state I cannot stress enough how important odor control is, from every inch and centimeter of your "sealed" hood if you have them, to the ducting, to the filter, etc... have to literally start from the beginning to the end and check everything.

A lot of people dont know but almost every brand of aluminum ducting I have bought and used have micro pin holes all over it, and not only that its thin as all get out which allows odor to seep inside and get out. If you think about it, have you ever bagged a small amount in a regular old zip lock bag and even though its zipped/sealed you can still smell it after a few mins? Its cause that plastic is so thin it doesn't matter. Same with shitty thin ducting, I am going back to reflective insulated duct unless i can find something better. It works ten times better.

Another thing i have found, is to find a harvest window within a few days and start doing a little at a time until your finished, instead of all at once. That seems to help a lot as well.

Thanks for stopping by my friend! :tiphat:

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Get a burn barrel and put it closer to where ever other people will be and keep it smoldering especially in late flower and harvest.

MountainBudz

Get a burn barrel and put it closer to where ever other people will be and keep it smoldering especially in late flower and harvest.

That is a GREAT idea my friend! I actually have an old barrel in storage, I'm gonna hop right on that. Throw some old wires and shit in there in the mix to give off that foul burning wire smell and burn everything LOL...

It's not as bad through the winter because of the low humidity and people not driving with their windows down. But man I sure am glad that you mentioned that!

Latest posts

Latest posts