in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Shishka's fresh start

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Shishka's fresh start Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2017, 06:24 PM #1
shishkaboy
>>>>Beanie Man<<<<

shishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant future
Shishka's fresh start

It tax return season!!!
Time to revamp the old tent.

It ran well at about 35 w/sqft but I always wanted to condense it some. Now that I feel a little more confident in my overall yields not dropping, I wanna shoot for 50-75 w/sqft.

This previous tent was 5 x 10, so 50 square feet lit by 1600-1800 watts.

Old equipment
I have

3 x 600 watts air cooled hps lights.
1 6" x 24" carbon filter
had 2 x 425 cfm blower fans but one just failed on me.

I had a window ac that works for now but an indoor model is gonna be then next large piece of equipment I buy. Also I wanna consider CO2 enrichment options with a higher w/sqft so...

I'm deffo getting an 6" inline for the new build and a new 600w ballast since one of those failed also.

Also gonna get a 3-5 gal humidifier because I wanna focus on VPD optimization.

Off to Home Depot to take a look around and maybe start picking up some supplies.

Here's a few plants grown in the old system.

2gals

5gals

Feel free to post anything that you all think may help. Post pics links whatever or just bs chat it all good in here.

Even the haterz are welcome, as long as they are constructive.

"Just right is a fine line between mistakes"
shishkaboy is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:19 PM #2
GastroGrower

GastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of lightGastroGrower is a glorious beacon of light
Haha, we could all use some constructive haters from time to time. New setup looks like it's gonna work well for you. Nice looking plant shots too.

Video Journals of my grows: GastroGrowers YouTube Channel
GastroGrower is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:39 PM #3
onavelzy

onavelzy has a reputation beyond reputeonavelzy has a reputation beyond reputeonavelzy has a reputation beyond reputeonavelzy has a reputation beyond reputeonavelzy has a reputation beyond reputeonavelzy has a reputation beyond reputeonavelzy has a reputation beyond reputeonavelzy has a reputation beyond reputeonavelzy has a reputation beyond reputeonavelzy has a reputation beyond reputeonavelzy has a reputation beyond repute
I'm definitely in for the build out and the run. Any gratuitous cooking pics/tips/recipes would be appreciated as well
onavelzy is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2017, 12:32 AM #4
fonzee
Weed Cannasaur

fonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of light
Good luck :-)

Try to use ducts as short as possible to maintain the venting efficiency.
The main difference you are likely to face is temperatures, so make sure to keep your gear efficient and plants spaced enough for some air circulation.
fonzee is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2017, 12:46 AM #5
shishkaboy
>>>>Beanie Man<<<<

shishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant futureshishkaboy has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzee View Post
Good luck :-)

Try to use ducts as short as possible to maintain the venting efficiency.
The main difference you are likely to face is temperatures, so make sure to keep your gear efficient and plants spaced enough for some air circulation.
Great tip, Ill try and keep this more in the front of my mind now.

I atm trying to decide on a frame material. I dont wanna use wood again.

I calulated the cost to do it in pvc and its around $50 but I would have it tip the guy at Home de Pot to cut the pvc up for me.

I already have plenty mylar and blacl plastic so I can build and rewrap for under $75. The ballast is like $100 and the fan is around $130.

So Imma set the budget at $300. Hopefully the pvc can work or imma have to go back to wood again.

Thanks to everyone for taking the ride with me.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:49 AM #6
shishkaboy
>>>>Beanie Man<<<<

So I went over budget on the can fan and ballast. Dropped 330 already and didnt even start on the tent materials.

I hooked up the new fan and turned on the 3rd light. I moved the extraction fan from the window and have it venting into the room the tent is in. Still getting fresh conditioned air directly into the grow space and the cool tubes hooked up to a phat filter pulling the heat into the room.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:04 AM #7
Oliver Pantsoff

Oliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of lightOliver Pantsoff is a glorious beacon of light
So are you still gonna be using 3 600's? Imo, I think that's very sufficient for that kind of tent you have. Looks like you've been rocking it. Went over budget huh lol. I think we've all done that several times

OP
Oliver Pantsoff is online now Quote

Old 03-22-2017, 04:42 AM #8
shishkaboy
>>>>Beanie Man<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Pantsoff View Post
So are you still gonna be using 3 600's? Imo, I think that's very sufficient for that kind of tent you have. Looks like you've been rocking it. Went over budget huh lol. I think we've all done that several times

OP
Thanks man. Im still using the same old 666 set up. So far its been serving me very well but Ive been looking into vpd/co2 and Ive decided to go sealed.

I have 3 air cooled hoods a 6" can fan a 4" blower fan and a window ac. Im gonna figure out what would be optimal and maybe I wont need to shrink the tent. If I can get my co2 up to the right level, maybe I can justify the extra space.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:07 AM #9
shishkaboy
>>>>Beanie Man<<<<

Heres the idea.

Any sealed growers around?

Old 03-22-2017, 06:53 AM #10
fonzee
Weed Cannasaur

fonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of lightfonzee is a glorious beacon of light
You will need more air movement in the tent (a rotating fan) but that looks about right
fonzee is offline Quote