What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how much cal mag for 5 gallon RO water

littlegrow

Hey guys so i have just got my first DWC and i am going to be using RO water since my ppms of my tap water is about 150ppm,

what i want to know is how much cal mag should i use in a 5 gallon dwc and also what ppm should a seedling be started off at ?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Well 150 may be good to use n forget calmag...... But to answer the ? I say 2.5ml per gallon to start... That's what I use with my ro which is 0 but also see ppl going as high as 5 ml per gal... I guess what ever base nutes are will cause some fluctuation but start at 2.5 n go from there...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Cal/Mag is often used when there's zero need for it...

How much calcium, nitrogen and magnesium is your nutrient mix missing? Mine is only missing mag, so I use epsom salt. I have enough calcium and nitrogen, so the calcium nitrate in cal/mag is not needed.

Have you calculated your nutrient profile and come up with numbers too low in calcium?