What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ground level flood table ideas (top drip)

Whatup IC!

Was wondering what you guys thought was the best way to remove water from floor level?

I want to have a flood table but on the ground to maximize height since its constricted.

Grow style would be top drip system on rockwool.

I dont want any stagnant water because the fungus nats love that, proven on my last grow.

I have some ideas in mind but was wondering what the pros thought or if they had any examples for this type of system.

Thanks!!

OldPhart

If you want the tray flat on the floor, I'm thinking some type of water sensor to turn on a shop vac. Probably not the most robust system, nor the most stealth. That is the only way I see to remove all possible standing water.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How big of rez are you using?

You might get some ideas flipping through my thread

Here's my method with a 4 g rez on the floor. Same idea to pump water from tray back to rez, but you will need a shut off valve similar to a toilet valve

Not shown is a low pressure pump on a separate timer to pump nuts u to my grow totes

View attachment 411457

thanks for info @PetFlora!

is what the picture is showing the 'mini res' on ground level that gets pumped into the main res?

Do you have more pics of this system?

Can you please link to your grow you mentieond that would be helpful!

**** Also for fun, what do you think of the autopot system?

That seems like it would solve my issue. However I am a fan of diy and would like to make something that meets my goals.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for info @PetFlora!

is what the picture is showing the 'mini res' on ground level that gets pumped into the main res?

Do you have more pics of this system?

Can you please link to your grow you mentioned that would be helpful!

**** Also for fun, what do you think of the autopot system?

That seems like it would solve my issue. However I am a fan of diy and would like to make something that meets my goals.

You're welcome

Not familiar with autopots

Plant totes are ~ 12" above the rez, which is on the floor

Thread link in my signature- lots of pictures

Mudraya

I used to have the same issue due to height restrictions. I used the Little Giant brand pump that basically operates as a small sump, only turning on when water was above an inch. I used drain tubing off the tray as usual and the pump was about 3 inches below the main drain line in a bucket the lines were connected to.