What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

root control disc

shambler

I'm running a ebb and flow bucket system, and been having problems with the roots plugging the fill/drain fitting
and sometimes a foot or so inside the 3/4 " hose. This cycle I'm trying the root control disc, which has a non soluble copper type paint on one side that kills the roots. The ones I'm using is 10" diameter that fit nicely in the bottom of my 31/2 gallon buckets copper side down. The question i have is, since copper is an anti-fungal, also used in disease control on plants will it kill my bennies. I'm using hydroguard and mammoth p.

thanks for any input

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I'm running a ebb and flow bucket system, and been having problems with the roots plugging the fill/drain fitting
and sometimes a foot or so inside the 3/4 " hose. This cycle I'm trying the root control disc, which has a non soluble copper type paint on one side that kills the roots. The ones I'm using is 10" diameter that fit nicely in the bottom of my 31/2 gallon buckets copper side down. The question i have is, since copper is an anti-fungal, also used in disease control on plants will it kill my bennies. I'm using hydroguard and mammoth p.

thanks for any input

If I am not mistaken you need to have the copper side pointing up towards the roots. That way the roots grow away from the copper side and go back up

shambler

i thought that the roots would end up matting on the side it could touch, but not go thru to the drain.

shambler

one way to see if there is a difference, put one up in one bucket and one down in another. next cycle I'll try it. And i would still like to find out if the copper kills the beneficials in hydroguard and mammoth p. Every time it floods and drains all the water has to go the copper mat.