What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In the hunt of the mothers!(1st grow)(1kw, Aeroflo 20) (Humboldt, reserva privada)

Rootshots
10olohv.jpg

Head overview
72aahk.jpg

Very pale blade, turning more and more dark :)
29m4ot4.jpg

Sideshot
30hybvb.jpg

2 of those smallest are now in the healthchamber, trying to survive by first aid.. Gonna see how that works out. But the 18 remaining will have no problems to fill out 2.25 sqM i hope!

Also, im gonna remake this system a little, to a kind of Aero/Dwc hybrid system.. Gonna raise the level to about 1-1.5" and drill some holes for some really good airstones! =)

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Is that home made aeroponics or something you bought?

Is that home made aeroponics or something you bought?

Something i bought, aeroflo 20! .. Gonna build myself some dwc after this run though :) Seems like a more efficient and interesting way to grow atm! Now i just want to find the mothers, so found this one pracitical! Should have built my own if i realised how easy it was though.. Just a Screwdriver , a really good pump, some pvc pipes, some connections, sprayers, small rubber hose... Lol >_>

Loc Dog

Veteran
Here is the system I built. I made the mistake of getting a hole saw that did not have a pilot drill in the middle, so had to make a jig, to get good holes in the right place. Your net pots do not look like 3.5 inchers.

Here is the system I built. I made the mistake of getting a hole saw that did not have a pilot drill in the middle, so had to make a jig, to get good holes in the right place. Your net pots do not look like 3.5 inchers.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=51120&pictureid=1705540&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Ohh :/ But it looks good! I'ma use this system for veg, probly next grow, if i have build my dwc =) Build a lil pvc tent and a 400 watt ballast and grow under hid, and 4 bonzai mothers in bubbler box under 125watt LE:) Or maybe full spectrum led... The netpots are actually 3"ish =) 7 cm in diameter! How do you get your nutes in there? You have pvc pipe inside the "boxes" ?

Loc Dog

Veteran
Ohh :/ But it looks good! I'ma use this system for veg, probly next grow, if i have build my dwc =) Build a lil pvc tent and a 400 watt ballast and grow under hid, and 4 bonzai mothers in bubbler box under 125watt LE:) Or maybe full spectrum led... The netpots are actually 3"ish =) 7 cm in diameter! How do you get your nutes in there? You have pvc pipe inside the "boxes" ?

If you want to go RDWC, look at this. I just did first run with it. Doing coco this run since growing plants from seed, and like to be able to move plants around easily. I made a few improvements to his method. I used black buckets, covered all pvc pipe with gorilla tape to prevent light getting in, and used waterfall effect in reservoir.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=267178

Yes I run pvc inside the units, with spray heads. The way they did it looks easier.

I have been busy and behind schedule, so have 4 foot GG4 plants growing in those aeroponic units, waiting to go to RDWC.

If you want to go RDWC, look at this. I just did first run with it. Doing coco this run since growing plants from seed, and like to be able to move plants around easily. I made a few improvements to his method. I used black buckets, covered all pvc pipe with gorilla tape to prevent light getting in, and used waterfall effect in reservoir.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=267178

Yes I run pvc inside the units, with spray heads. The way they did it looks easier.

I have been busy and behind schedule, so have 4 foot GG4 plants growing in those aeroponic units, waiting to go to RDWC.

4 feets? God bless :dance013: hope they don't stretch very much in flower :p ..

First day of 12/12 today! Gonna bring some pics in =)

Yah, some overview photos! Fliped over to 12/12 today as mentioned 10 mins ago :) .. The plants are doing really well! Gonna add some "Forest by the stems photos" and some other shit =)

Forest of love <3
2s14nwm.jpg

They are gaining!
2ytqikx.jpg

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
View Image Looking quite good! Growing FAST atm :) Soon time to flip over to 12/12 =) Gonna do 24 hour of dark before first day of 12 hours light!

You may want to check your PH, your leaves are looking like the PH is a little low. Your leaves just look like you have an issue starting to show up.

You may want to check your PH, your leaves are looking like the PH is a little low. Your leaves just look like you have an issue starting to show up.

Ohh, that's an illusion from the light being so close to the plants and those plants being in the exact centre.. So very bright spot =)

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Forgot to write, ph is stable around 6-6.2 according to 2 ph metres :)

If you are doing hydro. You want a ph swing from 5.5 to 6.2. To get the full spectrum of nutrients.
You say you are stable at 6.2. That is at the highest you would want to go and I am sure at that point you are robbing the nutrient uptake in the plants.

If you are doing hydro. You want a ph swing from 5.5 to 6.2. To get the full spectrum of nutrients.
You say you are stable at 6.2. That is at the highest you would want to go and I am sure at that point you are robbing the nutrient uptake in the plants.

6 is where its about, sometimes swinging up to 6.2 at it's highest ... Then i lower til 5.7-5.8 and after a day or two it's at 6.0 and then i add some nutes to maintain the ec and it goes down a lil and so on.. I also switch the nutes completlely quite often, doing some cleaning of the inline and add a lil chlorine to maintain.. Feels very good, not slimey on the edges and such!

Temps at 21-25, Water temps a lil colder, around 19-20 mostly.. Sometimes during the day it may rise to 22. But gonna add a water cooler and AC, and make the whole room accessible, this tent is gonna be a Grow/Motherstent, then i have a clonetent and a 60*60 for some experimenting/.. The rest of the room of about 20 sqM will be for my flowering =) Gonna do maybe 2kw if i can keep the temps cool! No problems in the winter, but in the summer it gets really hot :)

If i go for 2 kw, i will cut of the room in 2 sections, and have 1kw on for the day and 1 on the night, to keep temps good.. Maybe even go 2kw on night, since it's so much easier to keep the temps really good.. I really really love this and am planning constantly during my free time on how to improve, and how to do, what systems to try etc..

Really want to experiment and find the right thing for me! Aero seems good, as long as you have an extra pump, and keeps sure nothing is clogging! So thinking about aero in 3-4 gallon buckets, with spraying of the roots from the top with quite high pressure on a 2/7 min schedule or something.. Or maybe have bigger gallon, with 2 sections of sprayers and have the top spray like 1/10 min and the bottom 1/5.. min .. The top acting mostly just not to make the roots to dry.. Maybe even 1/15.. And then u have the drain like 15-20m up from the bottom and have a good airstone in the bottom for constant feeding of water / nutes from down under.. Like a Aero/Dwc hybridish!

Very easy to build, and try in smaller scale to see if it might be something.

Found a few exhaust holes on the growfloor when i was digging through the house.... Seems like a good opportunity to install a AC :D

Also found a very good way to get cold air in from the outside to the floweroom during the winter! -10 cold air is an excellent controller ;)