What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6" RW no growth, cubes not draining

Spaventa

Veteran
Although it has its potential pitfalls, a lot of produce in our supermarkets is grown in rockwool. Lettuce and cucumber almost exclusively. Commercial growers with multimillion contracts don't use it because they are idiots.

If use good quality Rockwool like Grodan, condition it right (GENTLY ph it down) and get the irrigation right so the plants HAVE to go looking, its awesome.

I run aero now with no media at all and I do miss the insurance of the rock wools moisture retention. Now if a pump fails, my stuffs crispy in an hour if I don't get to it.
Even in NFT with just 3" cubes it could go hours between pump runs.

I may go back to hand watered R/W for mothers actually. Nice simple easy way to keep a plant. Cannazym for maintenance and its good.

Sturgeon general - thats a beauty right there :tiphat:

MrMMJ

Although off-topic, to answer gangagrower1's question, yes, the night vision light on security cams will affect plants. I had a Gods Gift plant turn into a 9lb monster in my greenhouse before figuring out why it kept vegging so big and not flipping.....

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
You overwatered them. I wait until they are light or roots poke out the bottom until watering/feeding. Let them dry out a bit. Raise the temps in your room to help speed up the process. Veging plants can take a bit higher temps/humidity

frostqueen

Only on a cannabis grow forum can people have a civil debate lol.

Ha! You must be new here. You would think that this would hold true, but for some reason... not so much?
Things are getting better, but there have been many ruined threads due to dick-measuring contests.

Just avoid the folks that like to bicker and you'll be fine. There are more and more of us that refuse to even go there. Basic respect for everyone is the best way to live IMO.

And don't forget that Hydroguard. It works.

Latest posts

Latest posts