What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mangu'Carot & K1 - french touch seeds

H

Hu73

French Touch

French Touch

Just got some K1 and Mangu-Poivre and can hardly wait to see them growing.

thejact55

Really excited about this K-1 from FTS. Not sure how to explain why its so far into flowering, but I'm not complaining. Picture taken July 31st, 14hrs daylight, almost 4 months from seed. It was 3 months before showing any signs of flowering, so doesn't really seem to be an auto-flower. Just super fast about flowering as soon as summer solstice was past.

No males from my Zamal or Nigerian landrace seeds. Trying to reverse a couple branches on this K-1, as well as pollinating her with TopDawg's African Silk. Calyxes are well covered in resin for a landrace, wonderful floral fragrance, zero skunkiness.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67625&pictureid=1633134&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67625&pictureid=1633133&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Nice plant with wonderful structure. Keep us updated, curious eyes are watching.

SeedyPast

K-1 Zamal

K-1 Zamal

K-1 Zamal is still coming along. Has dropped a few fan leaves, buds are loose and pencil thin, and still running. Some of that could be due to the plant only having half day direct sun. I'm guessing this plant may not have a well-defined finishing time. Aromas are still pine and floral.

thejact55

Nice seedy. How tall you think?
Be patient, she's might take forever lol. Hopefully your in a warm area.

SeedyPast

She's close to 9ft tall. Lanky gal, probably not a huge amount of flower volume though. I'm at about 36 degrees latitude, first killing frost usually by mid November. So we'll see

Leocadius

Veteran
Nice thread, I also am very interested of these two varieties and especially of the comments of which you are cultivating them, certainly thank you very much for sharing A few Zamal's images
Zamal f 3 and f 5
34pxs1d.jpg

11ukq37.jpg

1zce1yh.jpg

2638t2b.jpg

Zamal GN
11lscap.jpg

thejact55

Awesome plants both of you above. Leocadius: how long did your flower? Seems pretty sucessful for indoor I assume. What kind of lights were used?
Seedypast: despite being compact it still has pretty sativa leaves. Might be a nice breeding plant for a quicker flowering zamal. I guess time will tell, as she flowered later.

So kinda on/off topic. I have a pack of tropical seeds double zamal, I have yet to grow. Anyone know how these stack up compared to FTS? liking these plants, but I have yet to find a supplier to the usa that has the FTS zamal options in stock.

Siever

Veteran
No males from my Zamal or Nigerian landrace seeds. Trying to reverse a couple branches on this K-1, as well as pollinating her with TopDawg's African Silk. Calyxes are well covered in resin for a landrace, wonderful floral fragrance, zero skunkiness.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67625&pictureid=1633134&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67625&pictureid=1633133&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

20 females on 20 reg seeds? I understnad your disappointment, but you've got to admit that it has some advantages as well!!

SeedyPast

Not sure how many seeds were sprouted. I always plan for substantial losses with guerilla style grows, and usually lose quite a few along the way.

Only have the one K-1 surviving. Two Mango/Carrot Zamals, one of which is very spindly from pest gnawing at the base (one other was culled for intersex traits). Three Nigerians, all female.

@thejact Does FTS no longer ship to the states? They did last year.

Genghis Kush

New addition at Tropical seeds websight, French touch seeds:

Strain: Mango Pepper
Strain Type: 100% Sativa
Hybrid: Mangu'Carot x Mauve Poivrée
Type: Regular seeds (male - female)
Flowering times: 120-130 days/ November
Yield: : Medium Yield
Bouquet: Slightly peppery taste
Effect: High potency sativa
Developed by: Bourbon (Reunion), French Touch (FR)

We are proud to present a new work by Breeders Bourbon and French Touch. An exclusive cross from a mother Mangu'Carot (landrace most widespread on the island) with a Purple father Mafate or Mauve Poivrée ... another landrace much rarer. This pure sativa is interesting because depending on the altitude at which it is grown on the island, ele expresses more or less its peppery ascendence. As with our other landraces, we advise indoor gardeners will be tempted by this experience start flowering directly from cuttings ... This strain has a slightly peppery taste will amaze you with its ultra high effect of sativa! Are you prepared for a vigorous growth you will not soon forget?"

P

psilocybevybe

New addition at Tropical seeds websight, French touch seeds:

Strain: Mango Pepper
Strain Type: 100% Sativa
Hybrid: Mangu'Carot x Mauve Poivrée
Type: Regular seeds (male - female)
Flowering times: 120-130 days/ November
Yield: : Medium Yield
Bouquet: Slightly peppery taste
Effect: High potency sativa
Developed by: Bourbon (Reunion), French Touch (FR)

We are proud to present a new work by Breeders Bourbon and French Touch. An exclusive cross from a mother Mangu'Carot (landrace most widespread on the island) with a Purple father Mafate or Mauve Poivrée ... another landrace much rarer. This pure sativa is interesting because depending on the altitude at which it is grown on the island, ele expresses more or less its peppery ascendence. As with our other landraces, we advise indoor gardeners will be tempted by this experience start flowering directly from cuttings ... This strain has a slightly peppery taste will amaze you with its ultra high effect of sativa! Are you prepared for a vigorous growth you will not soon forget?"

hey genghis just saw this thankyou for the heads up

Lesnah

i got a pack of this Mango Pepper instead of turkish landrace by mistake. Guess it was fate, i happen to also have a pack of mandala Mango Zamal, maybe i should cross them if they germinate.

P

psilocybevybe

i got a pack of this Mango Pepper instead of turkish landrace by mistake. Guess it was fate, i happen to also have a pack of mandala Mango Zamal, maybe i should cross them if they germinate.

mango hybrid on the cards?:biggrin: