What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vietnamese Cannabis Seeds

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Here are a few photographs of Vietnamese landrace cannabis from another website.

Those almost look like chinese hemp from Yunnan regions, where the hemp grows wild everywhere as well as there is an amazing hemp cultivation tradition. I googled now the Mèo Vac place and it's in right the Vietnam/China border.

They are for sure different than the more tropicalish strains from Da Lat, Nha Trang or Ho Chi Minh... which probably are nicer for the smoker too!

Plants look beautiful... the bare stalks remind me to the Nepalese plants seen on pictures as well. Gotta love those trees! :biggrin:

therevverend

Veteran
Looks like Asian landrace. Might have interesting cannabinoids and terpenoids. Went to the cannabis farmers market today. Vendor was selling Orient Express, Ace seeds Chinese Yunnan X Vietnamese. Was 12% CBD. Had a sour fruity flavor, nice golden sativa type nugs. Has me more intrigued because it did taste and smell like some of the crosses I made with my black Hawaiian. Asked the guy if I could buy a cut he refused. Said it's too rare and valuable because of the high CBD. Pissed me off. I'd rather have a pure black Vietnamese anyway but it woulda' been a place to start. Gonna be looking..

codger

I have a pack of Viet Black from Billy Goat seeds. Don't know if still available these were a gift...codger

Gelado`

Veteran
Looks like I'll be going to Vietnam! There appears to be Thai and local Vietnamese stuff around. The Thai is supposed to be more potent. There is also Vietnamese indoor pot for higher than US prices...I think I'll pass on that. lol

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Looks like I'll be going to Vietnam! There appears to be Thai and local Vietnamese stuff around. The Thai is supposed to be more potent. There is also Vietnamese indoor pot for higher than US prices...I think I'll pass on that. lol
I would love for anyone to make Vietnamese seeds available, the way the Spice Brothers did.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
The NamBlack was a really really nice Nam Sativa!

Nam F1 (Vietnamese sativa hybrid, aka Vietnam Black, aka NAM weed) -Original F1 cross: -Male Northern Vietnam/China Boarder (indica influence) -Female Southern Vietnam outskirts of Saigon (truebreeding pure Sativa NAM) Breeder's description: Originating from Vietnamese genetics brought back to North America in 77, she's an extremely potent exotic sativa. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MEDICIAL USERS: usually resulting in shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, raised blood pressure, leans towards paranoia. Her sweet tropical ripe mango scent and sickly sweet taste will speak for itself. Vigorous strong brancher and top heavy - support recommended. A very heavy yield compensates for a longer flowering period. Indoor Specs: Flowering time: 9+ weeks, Height 150 cm, Yield: 1+ gm/watt Original Auction Description

Last edited:

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
There is also a NamBlack70:

Much like the Nam Black, the Nam Black 70 is also a pure sativa strain that originated from the Dutch Flowers. It has a fruity and a mango-like smell and aroma that will definitely keep the smoker interested. The Nam Black 70 is also not recommended for medical use for the same reasons as the Nam Black. It is not clear on what positive effects the Nam Black 70 can cause, only that it can also cause paranoia, difficulty in breathing and sometimes even hallucination.

ICMAG Perillo Tours of Vietnam anyone? I've done Thailand twice and Cambodia once. Surely I can survive Vietnam and score some tasty jungle brick. Thailand and Cambodia were easy enough. I love beef noodle soup, how hard can it be?

Gelado`

Veteran
In Saigon smoking Vietnamese sinsemilla...sadly no seeds. The stuff I got isn't very potent, but has a great happy, up high. Very pleasant change from indoor hybrids, that's for sure, and I brought two grams of homegrown along with me too! When broken up it has a fruity/floral smell, and the smoke smells good (like Thai weed).

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
In Saigon smoking Vietnamese sinsemilla...sadly no seeds. The stuff I got isn't very potent, but has a great happy, up high. Very pleasant change from indoor hybrids, that's for sure, and I brought two grams of homegrown along with me too! When broken up it has a fruity/floral smell, and the smoke smells good (like Thai weed).
That's more like it. It is very worth while to keep some seeds of good plants or weed if you come across it.

Riddick

Here's a nice Viet grow with a couple pics from there.

Best bet to get seeds is with Billy Goat's VB. Whoever has that can look for
the most Sativa leaning pheno and reproduce.

Vietnamese Black Grow

Attachments

• DSC_0001a.jpg
    DSC_0001a.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_0003a.jpg
    DSC_0003a.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_0016a.jpg
    DSC_0016a.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
D

Drek

That's the beauty behind landraces. The purity and unique sensations. There's thousands of the same basic indica hybrids all over the place, it's really kind of boring.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
i'd like a pair of pf flyers grounders as well.

i'd love to see spice bros again.. i think they went under.

grew out their lieu hanh 99, lieu hanh being neville's haze x viet. black. veg had a great food odor like you could have eaten it straight. big, dark leaves the size of a dinner plate (that's a quarter).

had beautiful, heavy buds and habit. nice stuff, not the most potent. one pheno gave me a bit of a headache which was unusual. but beautiful, sweet plants a pleasure to grow.. would have loved the opportunity to breed them but things happened.

i have an original viet ibl , It was brought back from Vietnam in 72 , I noticed it has the double serrated leaves like yours , im working on some cross's with them at the moment.. very nice kiwi lemon smell , little sensitive indoors , does great out side strong warm head buzz ,
picture.php

picture.php

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Looks beautiful man, love the shape of those leaves and how the leaflets go all around the leaf.

Do you have more info about the source? they look a bit like the North Vietnamese plants, a bit more compact and wider leaves, Yunnan chinese style genetics as opposed to southern Vietnamese and Cambodian strains with extreme long flowering. How long those go? Looking forward to see some flowering pictures as well.

vibes.

T

tropicannayeah

76 Thai 65-75 days...
Pretty quick for a full on Thai...

I live in the subtropics and I've never grown a Thai in the long grow season (starting late Spring, early Summer) that was mature earlier than December and I grew nothing but Thais for 15 years...my first decade of growing was with just Thai seeds or crosses of Thais I made, most were ripe in January and February. I don't grow any full blood Thais any more, but once they actually get into full on flowering mode it usually takes 4+ months until ready for harvest...so a Thai that takes 10 weeks on 12/12 'til harvest is something I haven't experienced so maybe it's a hybrid?