What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hype Strains

IndoDojira

why do you think? guys in Europe haven't experienced og kush? cuts are here..

Last I was active in the forums OG Kush got a a lot of hate for not being an Afghan.

I’m happy to hear that it made its way across the pond. Hopefully Europe is being overgrown with it.

rolandomota

Veteran
Everything is hype if you smoke enough dj short hype ace Malawi hype my opinion might change you never know

Hype cuts as well should be in this conversation. Since I started growing and actively been chasing holy grail strains around here I finally got a few and some super hyped seeds. One GG4 seed based strain that was hyped as the next coming of Jesus pretty much was not all that after running a pack of them in 2 separate pheno hunt grows. Plants turned out well and were good but no real OMG that’s great smoke. Got rid of them. I have had one pheno hunt of headbanger that lived up to my expectations though and other seed runs of other strains that were mediocre. A pack of Hulk Smash tried when chasing a cut of BB3 was OK other than sometime in flower it hermied and had shitload of seeds buried in the bud. Not bad smoke though. Got a clone only cut of a strain that was supposed to be one that’s hard to locate and pry loose and it turned out OK but nothing that those I shared it with were all wowed by. As an organic grower so long as you don’t fuck up growing decent plants isn’t magic. Sure strains can be dialed in and I have had better results after running a strain over from keeper cuts selected in pheno hunts but personally if a cut or seed strain is a really top shelf keeper it shines regardless. IMO.
Now I have been fortunate to get some of the cuts I have been chasing and they all fell into my lap by sheer good luck and timing and I’m in mid flower of a few of those strains that have that mystic reputation. We shall see but I have a gut feeling that some of the hard to get strains are really not all that. Why would a strain that’s so good and sought after be damn near hard to find and get ? Let’s use the opposite end of that spectrum of GG4 which by all accounts is one of, if not the best strains to come about in years and it’s so good it’s been shared all over the world. Something that good your not gonna keep in the hands of just a small amount of people, just not possible if it’s that good and so many want a cut. Now that I have access to a handful of these elusive cuts I’m going to find out for myself and run them a couple times to verify it. One cut I got is OGKB 2.0 and I shared it with someone who grew it out and was not impressed but ran it a second time and that one lived up to expectations second run. I just now am able to run her and she really looks good. And BTW that’s a cut that’s not that hard to get I’m told and my cut was handed to my friend by Chunk himself so it’s legit. I think this is one that will live up to the hype but (sorry for the long post) I postulate there are any number of cuts/strains that are hyped and are not all that. Or I’m all wet. :biglaugh: