What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New room goes boom pt 2

TPFTFW

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
You didn't iron the floor? :)
To pin sheeting, first apply a 2" square of gaffer tape. Staple through this. Then to rip the sheet from your staple, you would have to rip the gaffer tape not just the sheet. A second square then goes over the top of the first to leave the fixing point water tight.

Like with carpet, first fix is in a corner. Second half way along the wall, then the next corner. That's one wall fixed. Then do another corner, and then the mid way staple. The rest falls in place. A short skirting board at the door opening completes the water tight floor.
We tend to use a dpm which comes in packs cut to fit typical floors as that's it's job.

Got a carpet or underlay going in? It's great for noise. Dropping some down opposing walls can dampen standing waves and the resonance issues that can build to quite some volume in a square room.

It's good to see you doing this. It's more than most people do

TPFTFW

Veteran
Looks great so far! Good luck on the journey ahead!
thanks!
still have to do a couple things but she’s getting there I’ve had a decent amount of progress since those pics were taken

You didn't iron the floor? :)
To pin sheeting, first apply a 2" square of gaffer tape. Staple through this. Then to rip the sheet from your staple, you would have to rip the gaffer tape not just the sheet. A second square then goes over the top of the first to leave the fixing point water tight.

Like with carpet, first fix is in a corner. Second half way along the wall, then the next corner. That's one wall fixed. Then do another corner, and then the mid way staple. The rest falls in place. A short skirting board at the door opening completes the water tight floor.
We tend to use a dpm which comes in packs cut to fit typical floors as that's it's job.

Got a carpet or underlay going in? It's great for noise. Dropping some down opposing walls can dampen standing waves and the resonance issues that can build to quite some volume in a square room.

It's good to see you doing this. It's more than most people do
well, these are all very fair points,
those folds in the floor were impossible to get rid of, if I would of thought about that I would of definitely done it,
Nothing is stapled in permanency, just to hold it I still have electrical work to do so walls are staples etc, just tacked it in time at least have it up.
the app white pic is after I ripped the carpet up and got down to bare wood, I painted everything with bullseye 123 sealant with mold and mildew stuff in it

:yay:
thanks for tagging along!

I’ll post some pics here in a minute of more progress

TPFTFW

Veteran
picture.php

here’s a cool OG male

picture.php

picture.php

here’s the pad for the mini split
That’s not a crack it’s a twig

picture.php

gonna have 4 LED’s in here
Eventually all 4 will be 10 bar 840w but for now 2 are 640w and 2 are 840

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Good call on the fancy white paint. Sheeting up outside walls always deserves a good thinking about.

Is that snow? You're wearing socks and sandles while talking about aircon for your LED room. I find it baffling.

TPFTFW

Veteran
Nice looking effort, what is the size of the room ?
Thanks man still a lot more to do
9.5x11.5

LOL at the snow, sandals and socks. That room looks like it is clean and will be easy to wipe down between runs.
yeah I rock sandals and slips Issa lifestyle

Do I see it right, the lamps on the ceiling are fixed in their height?
I just use the wood to have something to put eye hooks into and to screw into studs as it passes them
Just normal light hangers
Trick of the camera I suppose
I’ve seen people also use unistrut for this purpose and I like that idea a lot however I’m unsure on what pieces one needs for it

looks like a little wood, rope, and pulley action to me there.

Yes indeedy

Good call on the fancy white paint. Sheeting up outside walls always deserves a good thinking about.

Is that snow? You're wearing socks and sandles while talking about aircon for your LED room. I find it baffling.

Well in this room I’ll be using 4 840w LED’s

and then in the basement I’ll eventually have 8 640w’s down there In a 8x16’

I figure 36k (two indoor 18k units) btu is enough for all that and likely over kill but that’s def the way to go if one can on builds with AC etc

building my rolling trays this next week, that’s one of the more interesting aspects of this room so far I think. I’ll post a detailed write up of it.

Been crazy busy haven’t been posting much I’ll be better about it
Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks man still a lot more to do
9.5x11.5

yeah I rock sandals and slips Issa lifestyle

I just use the wood to have something to put eye hooks into and to screw into studs as it passes them
Just normal light hangers
Trick of the camera I suppose
I’ve seen people also use unistrut for this purpose and I like that idea a lot however I’m unsure on what pieces one needs for it

Yes indeedy

Well in this room I’ll be using 4 840w LED’s

and then in the basement I’ll eventually have 8 640w’s down there In a 8x16’

I figure 36k (two indoor 18k units) btu is enough for all that and likely over kill but that’s def the way to go if one can on builds with AC etc

building my rolling trays this next week, that’s one of the more interesting aspects of this room so far I think. I’ll post a detailed write up of it.

Been crazy busy haven’t been posting much I’ll be better about it
Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy
What’s up?:Bolt:

TPFTFW

Veteran
Current pic , Here’s my SSH keeper clone from the ‘97 seedView Image

nice can’t wait to see what she does, is that the one you ran last by herself?

Tis gonna be a nice room when finished TPFTFW :good::peek:

thanks man, here’s some progress shots, I may go back and edit this to make it chronologically correct

still have another light to put up and have to adjust the spacing on the left row, centered it to 8ft instead of 9.

picture.php

Here’s a good idea I had
I think it’s especially valid for no till/raised bed type situations as well.

Easy to do and makes training a bit easier I suppose.

Hobby lobby is whack but they have a 40% off coupon this week.
The lady told me about so ended up getting both the tools and grommets for about 18$

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice can’t wait to see what she does, is that the one you ran last by herself?

thanks man, here’s some progress shots, I may go back and edit this to make it chronologically correct

still have another light to put up and have to adjust the spacing on the left row, centered it to 8ft instead of 9.

View Image

Here’s a good idea I had
I think it’s especially valid for no till raised bed type situations as well.

Easy to do and makes training a bit easier I suppose
Hobby lobby is whack but they have a 40% off coupon this week the lady told me about so ended up getting both the tools and grommets for about 18$

View Image

View Image
Still have her as a clone

Latest posts

Latest posts