What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Returning to the classics - Widow & Skunk recommends?

OldSSSCGuy

Realized that even after 30+ years of growing I have never run pure breeds of 2 of the most infamous classic strains: White Widow and Skunk (or Skunk #1?). I feel so inadequate.

Thought I'd ask others what brand/who's breed of these 2 classic strains they would recommend? Who would folks recommend as being excellent reps of these 2 strains.

Thanks!

T

TakenByTheSky

For skunk I'd day either Alladins Skunk from khalifa genetics which is supposedly derrived from old sweet skunk 1 seeds that were in europe.

Or if you don't mind waiting a month or two get in on
Todd McCormick's skunk #1 reproduction pre order which is currently underway.

His reproduction is from seeds given to Mel Frank in 88 by the skunkman, Mel did a repro of seeds in 1996 from those then gave the 96 seeds to Todd to do a repro again.

Todd had a 50% off sale the other day, I scooped a pre order 10 pack of his skunk for just $25. Sign up for the email he's always offering deals.

As for white widow if I were to buy one I'd go for Me Nice black widow. Why mess around with anything else.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I know it’s not pure, but this femaleseeds white widow x big bud I’m toking is going down a treat :tiphat:

lLucky

Personally I'd get Beanhoarders Black Widow which is already split into phenotypes ('classic' may be what you're after), or Joey Weed's White Widow... both are supposed to be the old school version of the strain.

The skunk I do not have much knowledge about.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Seedsman white widow or WLabel.
Skunk1 sensi or TFD.

Greatdalas

For skunk I'd day either Alladins Skunk from khalifa genetics which is supposedly derrived from old sweet skunk 1 seeds that were in europe.
And Dutch passion, sensi, flying Dutchman,.... No have the skunk or ww now, all fakes
Or if you don't mind waiting a month or two get in on
Todd McCormick's skunk #1 reproduction pre order which is currently underway.

His reproduction is from seeds given to Mel Frank in 88 by the skunkman, Mel did a repro of seeds in 1996 from those then gave the 96 seeds to Todd to do a repro again.

Todd had a 50% off sale the other day, I scooped a pre order 10 pack of his skunk for just $25. Sign up for the email he's always offering deals.

As for white widow if I were to buy one I'd go for Me Nice black widow. Why mess around with anything else.
Todd skunk isn't the real skunk 1, and the sweet skunk isn't skunk

Flying Dutchman, dutch passion, sensi,.... They haven't this strains now, are all fakes and nothing good now

Last edited:

CannaT

Premium user
Skunk is Mex/Columbian x Afghan....So it can be fruty,sweet,catpissy and acrid....
I think that skunk found its name in catpiss overtone in skunk phenos rather then.
Afghan/skunk acrid,sour smell.

I found in skunk smells from some kind of half haze smell fruty,earthy....to burnt rubber,acrid...and creamy sweet lemon....
Skunk and every other strain are not standarised so my skunk1 can be very different than your skunk 1.
Dutch breeders sell skunk when you were playing on kids playground.
Just my 2 cents.

Greatdalas

Skunk is Mex/Columbian x Afghan....So it can be fruty,sweet,catpissy and acrid....
I think that skunk found its name in catpiss overtone in skunk phenos rather then.
Afghan/skunk acrid,sour smell.

I found in skunk smells from some kind of half haze smell fruty,earthy....to burnt rubber,acrid...and creamy sweet lemon....
Skunk and every other strain are not standarised so my skunk1 can be very different than your skunk 1.
Dutch breeders sell skunk when you were playing on kids playground.
Just my 2 cents.
The old skunk #1 is very stinky /fruit/afghan /spiced everything at once, if you never smoke one old skunk #1 or rks you won't know what I'm talking about
This catpiss come from the nl5 haze mom of sweet skunk and nothing skunk in sweet skunk is other different strain
The actual skunk in the 99,9% of seeds is sweet /spiced(no skunk)
The uk cheese is simillar but is one selection of skunk #1 more spiced/earthy, very good

Last edited:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
i almost forgot,

royal queens seeds special queen also quite good example and bit different phenos than typical skunk1 or ss

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Sunshineinabag

Realized that even after 30+ years of growing I have never run pure breeds of 2 of the most infamous classic strains: White Widow and Skunk (or Skunk #1?). I feel so inadequate.

Thought I'd ask others what brand/who's breed of these 2 classic strains they would recommend? Who would folks recommend as being excellent reps of these 2 strains.

Thanks!

Orig white widow and rhino were superb examples of wrap around your head stoniness I haven't tasted or felt since jerry was alive

CannaT

Premium user
The old skunk #1 is very stinky /fruit/afghan /spiced everything at once, if you never smoke one old skunk #1 or rks you won't know what I'm talking about
This catpiss come from the nl5 haze mom of sweet skunk and nothing skunk in sweet skunk is other different strain
The actual skunk in the 99,9% of seeds is sweet /spiced(no skunk)
The uk cheese is simillar but is one selection of skunk #1 more spiced/earthy, very good

So it can be fruty=stinky /fruit/afghan /spiced...i know that phenos with read hears.

that Cheese is Sk1 i dont belive in that story....to my knowladge and epirience i had growing plants you can find cheese in afhan/skunk seeds.
Shiva skunk,super skunk....but in Sk 1 i never had that pheno not even close....

Skunk 1 have 3 phenos what i know
That fruty spicy earthy catpiss but little in background.

Lemony sweet...and variations with spice or creme or both..

And last one is shortest one rubber,onions...but not in nasty way like afghan/kush x skunk.

That is what i know.

Happy Times

No personal experience but the following come to mind, some already mentioned

WW: White Label, Green House. Always thought it was interesting how Beanhoarder has the different phenos of WW

Skunk: the Flying Dutchmen- the Pure. Sensi or White Label? And it’s a hybrid but Real McCoy.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
with white widow it is hard, dutch passion, greenhouse and mr. nice, they all have quite different versions..

T

TakenByTheSky

Todd skunk isn't the real skunk 1, and the sweet skunk isn't skunk

Flying Dutchman, dutch passion, sensi,.... They haven't this strains now, are all fakes and nothing good now

Todd's came from mel Frank by way of sam skunkman, how could it be anymore skunk #1 than that.

God only knows what's going on at the old Dutch seed companies theses days most seed production is farmed out so who knows what you're actually getting. Atleast todd makes his own seeds.

Greatdalas

So it can be fruty=stinky /fruit/afghan /spiced...i know that phenos with read hears.

that Cheese is Sk1 i dont belive in that story....to my knowladge and epirience i had growing plants you can find cheese in afhan/skunk seeds.
Shiva skunk,super skunk....but in Sk 1 i never had that pheno not even close....

And last one is shortest one rubber,onions...but not in nasty way like afghan/kush x skunk.

That is what i know.
The cheese is one skunk 1 but one selection very earthy and smell is one skunk 1 but more spiced
I have the uk cheese and is one dominant earthy /spiced skunk 1

Greatdalas

That is what i know.
Skunk 1 nothing lemon...., skunk have a little fermented fruit but no lemon

Greatdalas

Todd's came from mel Frank by way of sam skunkman, how could it be anymore skunk #1 than that.

God only knows what's going on at the old Dutch seed companies theses days most seed production is farmed out so who knows what you're actually getting. Atleast todd makes his own seeds.

Whenn you try it come to tell me that isn't good...
Is spiced/sweet but no skunk, is the same that the sam actual skunk and have much hermaphrodites

And Todd is one FAKE
He just wants to get rich selling fakes

Nothing old skunk in this banks/breathers
In those seedbanks only recommended the uk cheese, since it is a clone that is widely distributed around here and is one of the few real old school varieties sold in famous banks.