What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The New Chocolate Thai

herbgreen

Veteran
Was this some of the original building blocks of his blueberry?

It was crossed to Afghani and led to creation of Floral Lines...Flo etc

Flo was part of the beginning but its crossed to highland thai or juicy fruit thai that really brings out the blueberry

:biggrin:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found an old pic of blueberry that I grew out in the late 1990’s ... Wonder if this looks familiar to any aficionados? she was aromatic & tasty beyond
picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
dj short says about choc thai: "This was a dreamy, sleepy, narcotic high that was long lasting and consistent." is this really how pure thai works? more like thai x afghan, no?

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
dj short says about choc thai: "This was a dreamy, sleepy, narcotic high that was long lasting and consistent." is this really how pure thai works? more like thai x afghan, no?

In the coffeeshop you could buy two different Thai, one with the woody minty aroma which was an uplifting energetic high and one with a chocolate coffee aroma which was more narcotic relaxed like a feeling.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
In the coffeeshop you could buy two different Thai, one with the woody minty aroma which was an uplifting energetic high and one with a chocolate coffee aroma which was more narcotic relaxed like a feeling.

you think it was same crop. two phenos of one variety?

Thesearch

you think it was same crop. two phenos of one variety?

I have always heard that it was considered more "narcotic" and "dreamy". Always found chocolope to be more sedative then I would expect for a near pure sativa. I would describe the chocolope flavour as more like cheap easter chocolate/chocolatey confectionery as opposed to dark chocolate. Currently running choco candy from greenbud (chocolope x afghan kush) and it has an amazing pungent gassy piney chocolate and coffee smell and flavour. That chocolope tang that reminds me of tangie, and all the beautiful chocolate flavour is preserved in the cross, added to it by the gassy kush and darker flavour of the afghan, mellowing the melon end of the chocolope flavour. listed as 9 weeks, I took it to 11 and could have left it another week or two to be honest. got this out of 2 reg seeds, only one female.

lLucky

I know of a really nice Chocolate Thai cut around my area... it's sold in stores by one of the producers here, very strong trippy sativa high. It's not easy to grow in comparison to any of their other strains and I think it took them a while to get it down as well as they have it now.

I may try to acquire it and make some BX seeds at some point.

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
One of the 1st plants I grew (about 30 years ago) I suspect was chocolate thai. My cousin stole a bud out of her dads stash and gave it to me for my 15th birthday. It had 1 seed in it, I grew it out because it was as potent as you like. I remember the plant clearly to this day. The plant was green when harvested but when dried and cured, the buds turned a chocolate brown colour. The same colour as coffee I guess

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
One of the 1st plants I grew (about 30 years ago) I suspect was chocolate thai. My cousin stole a bud out of her dads stash and gave it to me for my 15th birthday. It had 1 seed in it, I grew it out because it was as potent as you like. I remember the plant clearly to this day. The plant was green when harvested but when dried and cured, the buds turned a chocolate brown colour. The same colour as coffee I guess

thanks for sharing. how many weeks did it flower?

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
so chocolate thai is lowland variety? is there some evidence for it? did anybody get chocolate tasting weed from lowland thai variety?

According to DJ Short

DJ Short’s Memory:
The Chocolate Thai was another being entirely. Chocolate Thai came in larger wrapped sticks of a deep, rich, roasted coffee color and a coffee-chocolate aroma that was heavenly. It is my uncertain estimation that the Chocolate Thai was a lowland variety.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Chock Thai as most Americans call it was a highland Thai sativa big plants slightly broader leaf to that of the lowland Thais and also had a few other differences between the lowland Thai.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chock Thai as most Americans call it was a highland Thai sativa big plants slightly broader leaf to that of the lowland Thais and also had a few other differences between the lowland Thai.

We also called it Buddha Thai , I’ve bought it & smoked 1980 era it was being imported and somehow made it to the east coast , certainly legendary potency sticky buds that left a lot of resin at the end of the joint various shades of spotted brown with hints of dark gold and dark red in some of the buds ...amazing amazing marijuana

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
We also called it Buddha Thai , I’ve bought it & smoked 1980 era it was being imported and somehow made it to the east coast , certainly legendary potency sticky buds that left a lot of resin at the end of the joint various shades of spotted brown with hints of dark gold and dark red in some of the buds ...amazing amazing marijuana

Hi Star we called Thai here Thai stick - Buddha stick - or Buddha most of it was sold as sticks and towards the end of the imports stopping it was loos compressed flower .

The Thai is still being grown here for personal use and even shared between friends but not commercially.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Star we called Thai here Thai stick - Buddha stick - or Buddha most of it was sold as sticks and towards the end of the imports stopping it was loos compressed flower .

The Thai is still being grown here for personal use and even shared between friends but not commercially.

The Buddha Thai aka chocolate Thai arrived in vacuum sealed kilos it was incredibly powerful weed...That’s why it’s legendary because it really was legendary:dance:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The Buddha Thai aka chocolate Thai arrived in vacuum sealed kilos it was incredibly powerful weed...That’s why it’s legendary because it really was legendary:dance:

Old school Thai sativas has been my main smoke since the late 70s i have always grown Thais Colombian and other sativas lines but always Thais possibly why i thought all the dutch lines i tried was weak until i came cross Haze.

picture.php