What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dead Fan Leaves Impact

HWY36

Does anyone know what impact dead fan leaves will have on BHO. In other words, if I grind em up with everything else and stick em in the column, will my concentrate come out shittier? What if my gas is at ultralow temps; will that avoid picking up bullshit from the dead leaves? If so, I don't want to waste time separating. Regards.

Does anyone know what impact dead fan leaves will have on BHO. In other words, if I grind em up with everything else and stick em in the column, will my concentrate come out shittier? What if my gas is at ultralow temps; will that avoid picking up bullshit from the dead leaves? If so, I don't want to waste time separating. Regards.

You're gonna get nothing but a bunch of conflicting opinions. Why don't you simply try a batch with and without the fans and let everyone know your results ?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The trichomes on the fan leaves tend to be older and more mature, so the medicinal effect is more sedative.

It changes the flavor.

sdd420

Veteran
The trichomes on the fan leaves tend to be older and more mature, so the medicinal effect is more sedative.

It changes the flavor.

As gw said the trichomes on the leaves turn Amber way before the flowers. That's why I like to keep them separate and they are great for edibles and ghee

frazierk

Try a run with fan leaves only and see what comes out. When I have done it in the past I've gotten between 2-5% yield and it comes out dark, waxy and smells like the fan leaves that went into it. But again that was 100% fan leaves with barely any visible trichomes. Also if you had to source the material you have to consider that fan leaves are usually what gets sprayed with pesticides.

Latest posts

Latest posts