What's new

Do not order from seedsman! Especially with a credit card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious concerns about using seedsman, especially with your credit card, do not use a card! You will be giving your money to fraudsters and putting your own financial security at risk. Seedsman's payment processor took everyones info, money and split. According to seedsman, one of the many reasons I am not getting any resolution to my problem.

So about 3 months ago I ordered from Seedsman, regular occurring thing. Always been a fan of theirs, their selections and prices. I got a bad batch, had an order from multiple seed banks with hundreds of seeds and all of them germinated except half of the seedsman order, we're talking like a few hundred dollars worth of seeds just not sprouting.

Hit up their customer support and was given "points" to redeem to get new seeds, except their system wouldn't let me use the points, so I contact support, and this whole process takes a few weeks, and they still don't have it fixed so I can use my points.

About 3 weeks after the initial support request the seeds I wanted were no longer in stock, I still couldn't use my points, they wouldn't refund me and I was still SOL. I told them I wanted a refund multiple times, and finally I was told a refund was processed and I should see the money in two days. Two days comes, no money. Email support, no answer. A week goes, no money. Email support, was told all the money was gone, they have no money, was told they never had money, was told they didn't even get the money for my order, so I should be happy it was dispatched **money came out of my account, so no, I shouldn't be happy or thankful you did your job and sent me what I paid for.**

I confront CS about the refund, that they knew would never come through, they were just stringing me a long and now they offer to send me 50% of the orders worth of seeds, even though they had previously told me I was going to get a full refund and a coupon, but I guess that was A. a lie, and B. when someone else is footing the bill. Now they are asking me to commit fraud, and lie to my bank to do a chargeback and claim it never showed up. I'm sure that will go great when they dispute it and use the tracking to prove it did deliver.

It's been a month and some change since I opened the ticket and still no resolution, I dont think there ever will be a resolution. I guess I have to take the financial hit instead since they won't be responsible adults about this. If you are looking to buy seeds, look elsewhere. They are still taking money from customers right now, even though they claim they aren't getting any of it. They are lying to customers, and potentially putting everyone at risk using a fraudulent credit card processor, do you want either of those two companies to have your card information?

I have emails as proof if needed but there are over 30 and quite lengthy at times and didn't want there to be that much extra to digest with the post being so long already anyway. As well as the time to censor personal info from all the emails and uploading.

Last edited:
It's a card, online purchases should be insured if it's worth its weight in plastic.
Tell 'em ya made a purchase online n didn't receive the items n they'll just take your money back without anyones permission or say including seedsman.

problem solved, plus you keep all the seed you received as the price they pay for fucking with you.

cheers,............................................gps

My bank isn't wanting to do a chargeback since they stopped the order and we called to override. :l They told me at best they would need to launch an investigation which would take a few weeks and gave me a bunch of paperwork to fill out. We'll see I guess.

I'm hoping I don't get banned or ripped apart here either since it's Seedsman and I know people see attacking them as attacking our forum but just because they're a sponsor doesn't mean we should let them abuse our userbase.

TBH I'm just wanting it to be over, this has been a nightmare and I'm reaching the point I'd almost just rather say fuck it all. I told them I would be sharing my experience online so I doubt theyll help me after today and send the 50% anyway (assuming they ever were going to send it, lol)

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
So is this a problem with seedsman or the cc company. I for one love seedsman and have had nothing but the best of service.

Seedsman, because the solution to this isn't tell your customer to do a chargeback and lie on the form.

This is more on seedsman than the banks or their cc company. Yes, if they had a legitimate financial sector I could do my charge back, but that's ignoring the root of the problem here.

The product seedsman sold was bad.

They would not just resend more of the product when this all began which would have fixed the whole problem.

Their points system wasn't designed to be used for orders as large as mine so I couldn't even redeem them and their technician was never able to get my points working. The in store only points being the only way they generally offer refunds...

They wouldnt just issue a refund. And when they finally said they would, I still didn't get a refund, and they knew I wasn't going to get one when they told me I would, they just wanted to shut me up and drag the whole thing out a little longer.

This is bad customer service on seedsman, and they carry most of the blame imo.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I see this as more of a problem with people using credit cards to order something technically not legal. The credit card processors still dealing with seedbanks are operating in a legal grey area, at best. Also the fact you said it was a regular thing to order seeds from them implies you never had a problem before. Are you throwing away all that good will over one event? Have you ever used another seedbank to compare them to? I don't have a dog in this fight, these are just my opinions and viewpoints and I hope it gets resolved to everybody's best interests.

One event? They've been pulling me through mud and treating me like crap for over a month and not solving my problem. I didn't get what I paid for and am out hundreds of dollars in seeds and time in the growing season.

If someone's cool to you a few times and then spits in your face do you still wanna hang out with them? I didn't throw it away, they threw it all away.

At the end of the day if you're a business and a customer buys something and it's defective you send them a new one asap or you refund them. There is not any gray area here really, you can't just say, oh well we got ripped off so I guess you're ripped too!

Sure you can buy from them and get your order just fine, but if you think there aren't bad seeds out there you're wrong, even seedsman knows this and eventually if you buy enough you'll end up with them and when that day happens don't expect help if you're at seedsman.

brown_thumb

I've only had one pack of seeds fail to deliver. ILGM replaced it promptly. I ordered a photography item from Canada which I never received and the seller refused to do anything about it. I called my Credit Union and the agent immediately took action. My account was credited within a few hours.

J TricH

Vendor
Hello,

J Trich from Seedsman.

As discussed on our support system we have offered to replace the seeds which didn't germinate (50% of your order).

When you are happy to go ahead just let us know and we will get those seeds shipped for you for free.

Apologies for the issues.

troutman

Seed Whore
I've only had one pack of seeds fail to deliver. ILGM replaced it promptly. I ordered a photography item from Canada which I never received and the seller refused to do anything about it. I called my Credit Union and the agent immediately took action. My account was credited within a few hours.

Shit always rolls faster downhill. :biggrin:

Hello,

J Trich from Seedsman.

As discussed on our support system we have offered to replace the seeds which didn't germinate (50% of your order).

When you are happy to go ahead just let us know and we will get those seeds shipped for you for free.

Apologies for the issues.

Even your boss agreed this is not the proper solution.

Also, I've been in this for months now. I was told I'd get a full refund because of how much trouble this had been. Then after no refund shows up, I'm told to take 50% again? The whole thing just got dragged out EVEN LONGER. It's been months since I made that order these seeds would be fully mature by now. The cost in resending me my full order of seeds isn't even as much as just processing the refund, and I am out much more money than the refund amount.

Also I like how I suddenly get emails now from seedsman and your boss now that I post these reviews here and on reddit and other cannabis sites. Good to know the customer only matters to seedsman when theyre concerned about their wallet.

What happened to everyones credit card information with the company that left?! Why weren't we warned our information was breached?!

Why wasn't I offered to just get the right seeds sent to me from day 1?! Now its been so long you dont even have them in stock!

zoo

Why should you get a full refund when you still got 50% of seeds?

They are willing to replace those which is good enough. Sounds like you are pulling a scam to me

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Take this matter up privately.

We can tell you are irate but that's no excuse to bash someone on every website you can find.

They offered to replace the seeds that didn't germinate. What's the problem? Get the seeds and grow them I'm.

J TricH

Vendor
We are very sorry to read your comments here. We understand our standards were lower than normal but we have tried to resolve this with you.

To accuse us of being scammer is unfair and -plenty of our customers across the globe will pay tribute to the fact this is not at all the case.

We have recently had some big issues with credit card providers which have caused us some serious issues. We have made sure these affect our customers as little as possible. We can guarantee there was no breach and we have accepted both responsibility and absorbed the costs involved.

To progress on this theme we are increasingly championing payment with virtual currencies and will soon be offering a 25% discount across the board for payment by this means.

In the meantime we would love to resolve this with you and hope you accept our offer of a full replacement of your order.

In regards to the seeds being out of stock we ordered these over a month ago and unfortunately this is a supplier issue – we are happy to suggest similar strains which are in stock or alternatively we can send those seeds out for you as soon as they arrive.

Take this matter up privately.

We can tell you are irate but that's no excuse to bash someone on every website you can find.

They offered to replace the seeds that didn't germinate. What's the problem? Get the seeds and grow them I'm.

I have been taking it up privately. For over a month. The fact is this would never have been solved had I not made these posts. And they only offered this now a month later! lol if that is the kind of customer support you want, go ahead. I myself do not, and I know there are many out there who agree with me.

W

Water-

I've always had great service from Seedsman.

Im getting ready to order again soon.

I'll have to figure out this virtual currency thing I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts