What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Updating flower room lighting

baddagger

Hello all, need some input. Right now my flower room is 14 feet wide by 12 feet deep. I have three rows of 3 gavitas 6/750's. I also have 32,000 btus of ac cooling power that is split between two 16k mini split head units , one head on opposite width sides.
The ceiling heights are about 7.5-8 feet i believe.

I also have c02 set up to allow to have higher temps in the room as well.

So what im trying to do is add 2 extra lights per a row. So something like
Gavita , other , Gavita , Other , Gavita

So for the other lights im thinking between either
Nanolux CMH 630 (dual 315 bulbs per ballast)
Or the Nanolux 1000 watt DE , but was considering putting in
the growers choice 630 double end cmh bulb. But the issue that im stuck at are

1) will the CMH 630 have enough penetration power to make a difference with being put at the same height as the gavitas .

2) if i went with the double end ballast to use the growers choice double end cmh do they put out the same quality spectrum range as a non double end cmh bulb.

gh0stm0de

Cmh 315 are great bulbs but weak penetration.

Why not get de cmh 630 or 945?

The spectrum and cri etc are all listed clearly so you can make your own conclusion.

Consider CRI, PPFD, and spectrum when gauging quality of se vs de cmh... THEN consider penetration advantage of higher watt de lamps.