What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EC problem

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
looking back @ the last 2 weeks humidity is always between 49 and 57, mostly around 52-53.
temperature in last 2 weeks is between 26.1° (79°F) and 24.9° (77°F), mostly around 25.5°C (78°F)
canopy temperature is always slightly higher, not much tho.

there are 2 fans in the tent in the corners, every leaf in the tent is gently dancing.

I had close to 90% humidity. Someone mentioned small pots, but I use 3 gallon airpots, which are true 2.2 gallons. Yours are like 4 gallon, but do not know how quick they dry. Going into flower you need at least 2 feeds a day, that are needed.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I had close to 90% humidity. Someone mentioned small pots, but I use 3 gallon airpots, which are true 2.2 gallons. Yours are like 4 gallon, but do not know how quick they dry. Going into flower you need at least 2 feeds a day, that are needed.

My humidity is the same 45-55% my temps were 68-75 f. I run 70/30 coco/perlite in regular 1gal pots. My first grow I messed up a bit with high ec and had to run hard water nutes because my tap water is so bad .8 ec lol. Ended up with 6 onions decent, my second came in at 17 onions and very good. Just had to make a few adjustments and now I can't wait to start indoor again in a couple months to employ all that I learned from second grow especially canopy management.:peacock: don't get down on yourself OP just learn as much as you can and move on :ying:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
My humidity is the same 45-55% my temps were 68-75 f. I run 70/30 coco/perlite in regular 1gal pots. My first grow I messed up a bit with high ec and had to run hard water nutes because my tap water is so bad .8 ec lol. Ended up with 6 onions decent, my second came in at 17 onions and very good. Just had to make a few adjustments and now I can't wait to start indoor again in a couple months to employ all that I learned from second grow especially canopy management.:peacock: don't get down on yourself OP just learn as much as you can and move on :ying:

I have heard above 150 PPM or .3EC need RO water unless you have water analysis, which costs more than RO unit.

I don't know if anyone has said anything yet. But you need to use smaller pots for coco. I grow in 1 gal pots and it only takes about 2 weeks till I am multi feeding. That is your goal in coco to multi feed to get the benefits of hydro. You are definitely learning a lot with your first grow but I guarantee your second grow will be much better if you follow some of the guidelines in this thread. Good luck brother.

yes that's all planned for the 2nd time thx :D

they take about 40-48 hours to feel ligt again, 2 feeds per day is deadly, maybe that works with smaller pots but surely not with mine :(

I have 0.9 tapwater, i have to add RO water to get it down :D

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I have heard above 150 PPM or .3EC need RO water unless you have water analysis, which costs more than RO unit.

I have 0.9 tapwater, i have to add RO water to get it down :D

I used gh hard water nutes and it worked but I know I can do better. I plan on running R/O and mixing it with my tap for @ 200 ppm as my water is high in cal/mag so I should be able to run a normal nute schedule this time. Last time I was fighting cal/mag issues causing a little lock out at times so I was running very low nutes and flushing a lot and it worked for the most part. Trying to run with little to no run-off this time.

little update :D

They seem to start to look good again, after reading 50x your replies i decided to completely change my watering frequency.
In stead of watering every 2 days 2 Liter per plant i switched to twice per day, but without changing the amount.
Now they get fed twice per day but only 0.5 Liter at once with no runoff and they seem to like it.
Thinking of going to 3x per day starting tomorrow as i'm @ day 61 of 70 days seeds, i did start late with the bloom nuts si i suppose the 10 will be 11 or even 12.

I'm also gonna order new pots soon for next run, hesitating between smart pots or those sort of tissue bags, what do you think would be best..?
For the size i think to go with 2 Gallon, which is half of what i've got now, seems right..?

I would also thank all you guys for the help and time to read/help out, much appreciated :thank you:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes for than plant size 5-10L would have been preferable.

Run off is not entirely accurate. The reading will vary on the amount. What is more important from my view is to apply a pH stable nutrient solution often enough to suit the needs of the plant.

Odd that advice from Plagron re: starting EC, but if that is what they recommend for their line I would continue.

To figure the moisture level of my pots I use the Blumat Digital. It will give you a digital moisture reading. It's very accurate! You fill it with water and it has a ceramic like "carrot" at the end of it. When your medium drys it pulls water from the carrot and creates vacuum inside of the unit and will give you a digital readout. When your medium gets wet the carrot will soak it up and relieve the vacuum and the number will change. 40 millibar is soaking wet and around 200 millibar is prety dry. Wish I had a pic of it out of the soil. They are around $40 on Amazon. Very nice tool to have! Takes the guess work out of it.

Attachments

• 0118172313a.jpg
    0118172313a.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 7