What's new

3x3 veg tent - how many clones can I fit?

HazePhase

hello everyone.

I'm going to be vegging for 9 weeks.
Using clones in a 3x3 which will flower in a 5x5 tent after the 9 week veg.

My question is how many clones will fit in a 3x3 tent for vegging for 9 weeks.

Thanks so much.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
If you're talking about 2 gallon fabrics or plastics you can probably fit 16-18. I veg in 1 gallon smartpots and can fit about 20 max in my 3x3.

-Funk

Chunky Sloth

9 weeks veg in 2 gallons sounds like setting yourself up for disaster. Going to get big and take more water. You will be constantly watering and may dry them out. 9 week veg is long af. In 4 weeks my girls are busting out 2 gal smart pots.

9 weeks veg in 2 gallons sounds like setting yourself up for disaster. Going to get big and take more water. You will be constantly watering and may dry them out. 9 week veg is long af. In 4 weeks my girls are busting out 2 gal smart pots.

He is right here. 5-6 weeks is as long as one should leave clones in 2 gal pots. At least if you are just veging in them. I am working on something right now.

We did a 6 week veg in 2 gal and that was pushing it. We translated to 5 gal and gave them a week to get over transplant shock before flipping them.

M

meowmeowmeow

I had 12 3 gallons in a 4x6 and had 25 some doubled up.
Grew with salts and had 6'5 ft plants scrapping the 1k watt light.

Less is more with good training I say.

I agree with everyone who stated....I use fabric and it's a lot of hand watering, but I prefer those pots over plastic.

Using the same strain will enable them to work together rather than against each other I have noticed in my growing and conversations with SCROGers.

Chunky Sloth

I had 12 3 gallons in a 4x6 and had 25 some doubled up.
Grew with salts and had 6'5 ft plants scrapping the 1k watt light.

Less is more with good training I say.

I agree with everyone who stated....I use fabric and it's a lot of hand watering, but I prefer those pots over plastic.

Using the same strain will enable them to work together rather than against each other I have noticed in my growing and conversations with SCROGers.

Very good advice for anyone new to any technique. Use all same gens and all same everything. Then differences are from varying levels of the using whatever the technique. Simple scientific method, usually people just change too many variables at once.

Also cloth pots kick ass. Ive done 2 side by side runs and both nl5 and deathstar performaned better in cloth compared to standard and air pots. Note airpots may have done better if they didn't dry out so damn fast. Sadly 2 hempy side by sides later it's clear the hempy is much better.