What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Live plants for live resin

genesis129

I have a few questions about working with live resin processor's as a grower. Wanted to know if anyone had experience in any of the currently legal states producing live plants for freezing and then blasting.

First is how are you recording weight for track and trace. I was told 20 % of total weight is the wet weight equivalent, so 10lb equals 2lbs less major stalks. Is this the standard conversion ?

What is the longest length of time wet material can be frozen without compromising the end product ?

Thanks in advance for your answers (if any). PM is cool as well.

Terpharvester

Im wondering the same thing. One thought I had was run the material then weigh it it after it has cleared from the column and warmed up as to bee free of the half pound or more of butane then dry it again. Not sure if this will help you with track and trace as Im more looking for percentage yeild.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
As far as wet and dry I know my column holds approximately 4lbs dry so I pack it loose with wet plant and into deep freeze, I don't weigh the wet just go by columns.... Next run ill weigh before i pack n see if that 20% holds ground... In theory 20lbs should fit in a 4lb column but I don't think it will

im in Denver and get all mine made into liveresin by a homie.
Your return can vary on strain, hashmaker, etc
And to me the weight is all the material you are running, but again if a column can hold a certain amount can go by that...

The do who makes mine takes a % depending on what kind of oil you want so I do live resin, easiest live to do.

When running live resin you can fit more weight of wet material than a dry run, but most of that weight is water. the 20+% is from suspected weight of what the material would have weighed dry. Water content is the biggest factor defining your return % of live resin but it is a worthless number to know because LR can be run at many different levels of water content. The only way to get an accurate yield comparison to dry material is to dry your spent wet trim and dry it to determine the amount of oil pulled from plant material, not water-laden plant material.

p0opstlnksal0t

When people say they are getting 10% yield with live resin is this 10% yield after converting your wet weight to a dry weight? So 10 lbs of wet is really 2lbs dry then 10% of the converted dry weight is about 90 grams of resin? So really your yield for live resin is about 2% of the weight?