What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WTF IS THIS?

M

metsäkana

IT LIVED ON MUSHROOM POPCORN and i put seed glass with water on same table now i see them trying to take water or the seeds seeds are now underwater and mites are floating on water some dead some live.. lol

BUT YES I HAD THEM ON CANNABIS TOO AND THEY ARE HARMFULL IM PRETTY SURE

WHAT TO DO? :D can you neem threat seed with neem oil? i dont have hydrogenperoxide i can get it tomorrow

maybe i just use sieve to wash every glass off seeds?

IMG_2793.jpg IMG_2793.jpg IMG_2793.jpg

Last edited:
M

metsäkana

Those look pretty much the same? are they common i never heard of them HAIRBUTTED MOFOS

i rinsed all seed with sieve lets see if any survived..
2dc.jpg

M

metsäkana

(Phytoseiulus persimilis)

(Amblyseius californicus)

(Cryptolaemus montrouzieri)

(steinernema feltiae)

(Hypoaspis miles)

(NemasysC)

should i order these to be sure if they come back? those i can get near. what are best benificials for those?

more questions. how much can mite travel aday? i read it can survice 3 days without food or water. how long eggs survive? do eggs drown? where they commonly make eggs? everywherE? can they make egg inside tissue?

Family Acaridae​
Scientific & Common Name(s): Rhizoglyphus sp.(Bulb Mite), Acarus siro (Grain Mite), Tyroglyphus sp. (Tyroglyphus Mite).
bulb%20mite,%20RHIZOGLYPHUS%20ECHINOPUS,%20Richard%20W.%20Straub,%20Charles%20J.%20Eckenrode-%20Cornell%20University.jpg
ACARUS%20SIRO,%20%20Clouds%20Hill%20Imaging.jpg

Photo(s): (Left) Rhizoglyphus sp. mite on us penny: Richard W. Straub, Charles J. Eckenrode- Cornell University
(Right) Acarus Siro,Clouds Hill Imaging via. www.lastrefuge.co.uk
Type: Various (ex. mold, grain)​
Situation(s): Tulip, Onion, Blue Spruce, Stored product, Household​
County(ies): Washington, Beaver, Salt Lake, Utah, Uintah, Sevier, Cache​
Fact Sheets:

im pretty sure they were bulb mites... (before you said its spinach, now it seems they are pretty much same.. :D)

these are same?

dafukmite.jpg dafukmite2.jpg

Last edited:

troutman

Seed Whore
I like the Amblyseius californicus even though I never tried any.

It's also called Neoseiulus californicus.

Description

Spider mite larvae, nymphs and adults feed on the underside of the leaves and cause yellow spots,later even yellow leaves. Plant cells turn yellow, which can be seen on the upper surface of the leaf as small yellow spots. This reduces the photosynthetic area of the leaf and the plant gets out of the physiological balance. This results in decreased plant growth and production. Finally the crop may die from the infestation. Nymphs and adults produce webbing that can cause cosmetic damage to the crop. If large numbers of spider mites are present, plants may be completely covered with webs.
Neoseiulus californicus attacks two spotted spider mites, broad mites, and cyclamen mites. Good for lower spider mite densities. Neoseiulus survives on pollen in the absence of prey.
Description:

Also known as Amblyseius californicus. Neoseiulus californicus comes from the sub-tropical regions and is a lively shiny mite with a pinkish red color and has obvious long legs.
Product Information:

In plants where it is very hard to detect the first spider mites, Californicus may be introduced preventatively, even if no spider mites have been found yet. Californicus can tolerate low humidity and ideal temperatures 50°-95°F. They can tolerate temperatures up to 95° F. N. californicus works great in gardens and greenhouses. The Amblyseius californicus will benefit many potted plants and trees. It can also be applied more plentiful to plants with a low damage threshold, such as pot plants, and clear up any early signs of mite infestation. It is very effective on various types of spider mites, broad mites and thrips are also on the menu. This predatory mite works well at both low (48-F) and high temperatures (98-F) and do not hibernate. The A. californicus is good resistance to drought and is more resistant to chemical pesticide.
The Amblyseius californicus is very effective in eliminating various types of spider mites. Besides the various types of spider mites, broad mites and thrips are also on the californicus menu.
Release rates:

Neoseiulus Amblyseius californicus predatory mites consume their prey at a more leisurely pace than do their friends Mesoseiulus longipes and Phytoseiulus persimilis. They can survive longer under starvation conditions and can also live on a diet of pollen. In plants where it is very hard to detect the first spider mites, Californicus may be introduced preventatively, Completes a generation in one to two weeks depending on temperature (12 days at 64º F, 4 days at 90º F). The female lays about 3 eggs per day for two weeks and lives about 20 days. Each califoricus can consume 5.3 spidermite eggs per day. Does best in warm humid conditions, but will also tolerate low humidity (40% - 80% RH at 50° - 105°F). Occurs along coast and inland valleys of California. Californicus is more resistant to chemical pesticides. Avoid using any pesticide one week prior or one week after releasing predators. STORAGE: Highly perishable, should be used immediately upon delivery. If storage is absolutely necessary, refrigerate at 40°-50° F. (6°-10° C). Not to exceed 2 days, to minimize mortality. They are not canabalistic and survive shipping very well. Release 1 - 4 per plant or 1 - 2 per square foot in greenhouses at the first sign of spidermites. Later releases will require much higher numbers to be effective. Releases of californicus can be made when Spider mites are present and laying eggs. even if no spider mites have been found yet. N. californicus can tolerate low humidity and ideal temperatures 50-95 degrees F. Can tolerate temperatures up to 105 degrees F. Works great in gardens and greenhouses.
The Amblyseius californicus is very effective in eliminating various types of spider mites. Besides the various types of spider mites, broad mites and thrips are also on the californicus menu. The californicus mite work well at both low and high temperatures and do not hibernate. The californicus predatory mites can also be applied to plants with a low damage threshold, such as potted plants and trees. It will clear up any early signs of mite infestation fast.

• For tomatoes and cucumbers, 1 predator per plant plus 1-2 per infested leaf.
  • For other greenhouse crops, potted plants, tropical plants, and outdoor gardens, 2,000 per 1,000 sq. ft.
  • For bedding plants, 5,000 per 10,000 sq. ft.
  • For large agri-business, 15,000 - 25,000 per acre depending on infestation.
Here's a video of them in action. :woohoo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=squr-09oSfs

Last edited:
M

metsäkana

http://ipm.ucanr.edu/PMG/r732400111.html

only satans fart gas can kill these

MANAGEMENT

Biological Control
Numerous predatory mites prey on crown mites in the field. However, little effect is usually seen on crown mite populations.

Cultural Control
Crown mite damage is generally associated with soils that are high in organic matter and cool, wet conditions. Prompt destruction of harvested fields and good sanitation of fields before planting may reduce mite populations. Effectiveness of rotations with nonhost crops has not been studied.

Organically Acceptable Methods
Biological and cultural control and treatments with azadirachtin are acceptable for use on organically grown produce.

Monitoring and Treatment Decisions
Treat fields if damage is seen and cool, wet weather conditions exist.

i have had some kind of predatory mites for years in my soil

https://vid.me/ZWNe

M

metsäkana

i think i order some kind of mix maybe those+Hypoaspis miles+Amblyseius swirskii

i dont know what is best for these..

hypoasis miles is what that beneficial shop recommends nothing else.. lol i just fear 1 is not enough for those if they breedfaster..

''Biological Control
Numerous predatory mites prey on crown mites in the field. However, little effect is usually seen on crown mite populations.''

http://www.everwoodfarm.com/Pest_Insect_Cross_Listing/Bulb_Mites

Last edited:
M

metsäkana

https://pure.uva.nl/ws/files/4227517/1943_21158y.pdf
21378.jpg

i would like to know what damage these do to cannabis :D so few pictures. maybe they feed roots

https://ag.umass.edu/greenhouse-floriculture/fact-sheets/bulb-mites

The female may live for about a month

lol

Hypoaspis aculeifer

According to Raymond Cloyd, Kansas State University, bulb mite populations may be suppressed by using the soil-dwelling predatory mite Hypoaspis aculeifer, which is commercially available. The nymph and adult stages of H. aculeifer feed on all life stages of R. echinopus. However, immatures (larvae and nymphs) and adults prefer to feed on the immature stages of R. echinopus, not the adults. The ability of H. aculeifer to suppress bulb mites depends on level of infestation and exposure to the predatory mite. Bulb mites may be located in the inner folds (layers) of bulbs, which may be more difficult for the predatory mite to locate.

Info from Koppert website, article is from October 2012:

Koppert will be relaunching the soil-dwelling predatory mite Hypoaspis aculeifer onto the market at the end of this year. Thanks to a greatly improved production method, we are now once again able to supply this very effective natural enemy. The reintroduction of this predatory mite allows Koppert to offer the market a full range of subterranean natural enemies of pests including thrips, sciarid flies and the bulb mite.
Hypoaspis aculeifer (brand name Entomite-A) combats thrips and sciarid flies and is also very effective in dealing with bulb mites. The production of this soil-dwelling predatory mite is a complex process. Following extensive research, Koppert has succeeded in improving the production method to such an extent that efficient production and reliable supply are now possible.

The packaging has also been improved. Koppert supplies the product in a newly-developed cardboard cylinder packaging (containing 50,000 predatory mites) using only vermiculite as a carrier material. The company has switched to this packaging material because it guarantees the quality of the mites better and for longer, and the population remains at optimum levels. Hypoaspis aculeifer also searches for its prey in the deeper layers of the soil.

Entomite-M In addition to Hypoaspis aculeifer, for the purposes of the subterranean combating of pests Koppert also has the soil-dwelling predatory mites Hypoaspis miles and Macrocheles robustulus available.
Hypoaspis miles (brand name Entomite-M) is a powerful natural enemy of sciarid flies and has a strong side effect on Duponchelia fovealis. Springtails, thrips pupae, and nematodes are also on its menu. Hypoaspis miles is now also supplied in a new cardboard cylinder containing 50,000 beneficials, and in a bottle containing 10,000 beneficials with a mixture of vermiculite and peat as a carrier material.
Compared with Hypoaspis aculeifer, Hypoaspis miles remains closer to the soil surface.

Macro-Mite Of all the subterranean beneficials, Macrocheles robustulus (Macro-Mite) has the broadest effects, tackling thrips pupae, the eggs, larvae, and pupae of the sciarid fly, and white worms (important in Phalaenopsis). It also preys on the eggs of Duponchelia fovealis, the eggs of the cabbage fly, and other insects and nematodes. Koppert supplies Macro-Mite in a cardboard cylinder (containing 50,000 mites), with vermiculite as a carrier material. Like Hypoaspis aculeifer, Macrocheles robustulus can be found in the deeper layers of the soil. Its population responds very quickly to pests in the soil.
With Hypoaspis aculeifer, Hypoaspis miles and Macrocheles robustulus, Koppert now offers a full range of natural enemies of soil infestations with even better quality thanks to the cardboard cylinder packaging.

New name Because of new taxonomic insights, the Latin names of the two Entomite products will be changed in the near future. Hypoaspis aculeifer (Entomite-A) will be renamed to Gaeolaelaps aculeifer and Hypoaspis miles (Entomite-M) to Stratiolaelaps scimitus. It is a name change only, the mites themselves are unchanged.

Last edited:
M

metsäkana

Last edited:
M

metsäkana

I THINK ITS POSSIBLE THAT THESE CAME WITH GARLIC INFECTED WITH BULB MITE EGGS AND I SPRAYD GARLIC TO APHID PROBLEM IN SEED PROJECTED THAT GOT OUTDOOR PLANTS INDOOR.

DO NOT USE GARLIC SPRAY IF YOU DONT WANT THESE OR MAYBE YOU CAN EXTRA HEAT IT WITH WATER.

M

metsäkana

Seems like best killer for these is Hypoaspis (Gaeolaelaps) aculeifer it will hunt deep in soil,
hypoaspis miles will only hunt top of soil.

this is maybe why miles is not so good controller for these

M

metsäkana

i bought aculeifer+miles+nematodes lets bomb the shit out of these

i saw some Lasius niger on my garden i think they eat mites too if not anything other is avaible :D im just not sure if they attack to benificials too maybe i need some cinnomon lines everywhere :D

'' Lasius niger also feed on insects and spiders, and other small invertebrates.''

yes they use aphids as cows but if there is no aphids :p

Organic BioControl: Beauveria bassiana (BioWorks Mycotrol -O, OMRI listed) is a fungus which infects insects with a disease known as the white muscadine. When spores of this fungus come in contact with the cuticle (skin) of susceptible insects, they germinate and grow directly through the cuticle to the inner body of their host. The fungus proliferates throughout the insect's body, producing toxins and draining the insect of nutrients, eventually killing it.

this could be used too maybe? i dont know if its approved where i live..

Last edited: