What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P. J. Geils

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
John Warren Geils Jr., the founder and lead guitarist for the J. Geils Band, was found dead Tuesday in his Massachusetts home. He was 71.

Groton Police said in a statement that they were called to Geils' home at around 4 p.m. (4-11-17) local time to do a wellness check. Officers found Geils unresponsive and pronounced him dead at the scene.

Police said a preliminary investigation indicated that Geils died of natural causes, but the investigation was ongoing.

Another great musician that we've lost, Rest In Peace.

ronbo51

Veteran
Saw J Geils once. 1973 or so . At the height of the "Full House" era. One of the great party albums of all time.

Take out your false teeth mama

I want to suck on your gums

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Second loudest concert I ever attended was J Geils, first was The Who (Tommy). Cigarette filters in both ears...lol.

RIP John!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
rip john,,,,
saw them with the Rolling Stones at Wembley in 79?,,,black uhuru supporting also and they stole the show for me,,sly and robbie plus Micheal Rose,,,,,full Black Uhuru and they killed it,,,,,s2

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Full House was one of my 'first' favourite albums, played the shit outta that one. Saw them in '75, Varsity Stadium, Toronto with Gentle Giant and Jefferson Starship...great show, that being said, I was smoking thai sticks and trppin' on white blotter...!

RIP John, liked your shit a lot!

BM

Betterhaff

Veteran
Thought this was a great picture…you can almost feel the energy.

Attachments

• J. Geils Band.jpg
    J. Geils Band.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Latest posts