What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No vertical this run, LST in coco.

gr866

Veteran
Started a thread when I expected the seed to come on schedule but the best laid plans and all that shit. So when the seed did not show I abandoned the vert thread and am starting a new thread.

So started the seed in late December, one Pyramid WW and a Seedsman Super Citrus Haze. They are 44 days from seed. Transplanted from one gallon plastic pots to 3 gallon smart pots on the on 1/26 and have had great response. I am tying them down and using LST. Should be going 12/12 on Monday.
Transplant from solos on 1/17

Transplanting into 3 gallon smart pots 1/24

More pics to follow.

GR

gr866

Veteran
Nice leaves you have there :X

Thanks, been running low nutes, but the WW, very indica dom, just got a little tip burn. The SCH very sativa dom, it taking it like a good little girl.

Flip tomorrow!

GR

gr866

Veteran
Thanks Slip, good to see you here.

Ok, 12/12 starting today, so looking at 4/10 or 4/17 for harvest.
Switched the light today to the 3000 K 315W CMH, was using the 4200 for veg. Did a good water/nute drench with around a 30+% runoff.

Looks like I will be making a trip to CO in the near future as I am getting low and this one will not be ready for about 9 to 10 weeks. Will probably take the WW at around the 8the week, if it holds true to the other WW's I have grown.

GR

gr866

Veteran
Subbed. Interested in how those 3 gal smart pots are going to work for you.

Yak,
This is my first grow with the 3 gallon smart pots, I have used the 2 gallon a number of grows.
I really like them, the roots will grow to where you can see them then they sprout new growth so they will never ger root bound.
The only reason I went with the 3 gallon is because I had them and was only doing a couple of plants in my 4x4 so I have the room for growth.
Keeping them low with LST and exposing more inner branch. Should have used a Scrog but was not on top of things.

Thank for coming round, and any suggestion welcome.

GR

gr866

Veteran
Just a few pics from this weeks growth. First week of 12/12.
This is the SCH

2/7

2/8
no photo
2/9

2/10

2/11

Every thing at this point seems to moving right along, hope it continues.
GR

Last edited:

packerfan79

Veteran
Lst is great if you don't want to be crawling or reaching all the time. I think that scrog is highly overrated. Very few people actually do a true scrog most that I see only spread the growth out and provide support. Keeping the apical top low everything else shoots up to the light creating more tops.

gr866

Veteran
Lst is great if you don't want to be crawling or reaching all the time. I think that scrog is highly overrated. Very few people actually do a true scrog most that I see only spread the growth out and provide support. Keeping the apical top low everything else shoots up to the light creating more tops.

Thanks PF, when I am running vertical with my screens, I don't really do a scrog but I do tie the plants to the screen which gives them great light exposure.

Nice start, looks like I am in time for the big show.

Thanks Dep, Hoping for a big show, mainly this is a test grow of sorts. Seeds did not arrive when I needed them so I planted these ladies to get me through. I will either be doing clones from this run or I have some Barneys Farm G13 and LSD. Not sure of the growing structure of the LSD, expect them to be a short plant so may do them seperate.

Latest posts

Latest posts