What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Asking for a few good vibes and prayers sent my way

St. Phatty

Sorry to hear about it !

About a week ago, I made it a point to share a lane at the gym with a woman I had talked to in the hot tub.

She had had a stroke. The way that it comes out is, she can't speak normally. When she talks, she doesn't make complete sentences ... it's sort of like Haiku or something.

Anyway, I enjoyed talking with her. I don't often find older women attractive ... her spirit of swimming a 1/2 mile every day ... let's just say she stands out more in the crowd than a lot of people who have not had strokes.

yts farmer

Veteran
Hope you make a speedy recovery and have many happy and active years in front of you.

Peace.

paper thorn

Veteran
made it a year

made it a year

A little over a year ago i got out of the hospital after having survived a brain stem stroke.

Thanks in no small part to the well wishes, good vibes and prayers that were prayed by friends and fam here. Physical therapy, statins and pain pills only do so much.

Many times i wanted to just give in to this feeling that my body and brain wanted to curl up and give in to the dead part of my brain. i know that sounds dumb.:laughing:

anyway, i went from a walker and having to be helped to even go to the bathroom, to using a cane. hey after having been cathed for 2 weeks+, even standing to pee with someone holding you upright is better than getting a little tube ran into your junk.

Now, i can walk, though i stagger a bit. sometimes i walk across the yard as though I've been walking all my life.:biggrin:

9 years to go.
My wife had to quit a pretty good job to take care of me, but if i croak now, it'll be 9 years before she can draw my SS. I'm on Disability having of course lost my job. So i have to live 9 more years till she's 62 'cause i married a woman a bit younger than me:) or she'll have to go back to work.

Thanks a lot folks who cared, it meant and means more than you could know.

This, as some of you know, is my new hobby. making these stone pipes. gives me something to do. and i wanted to add a pic to an otherwise drab thread. and keep it canna related.

pains getting bad in my leg, that means it's time for bed, goodnight.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Glad to hear life has improved for you. My stepdad (who is 49) had a stroke last year and has been wheelchair bound ever since and is not himself anymore. Sounds like you have an awesome family who really cares about you. Wishing you all the best.

A

acdc

hope the future for yourself and family are good and happy times paper thorn :huggg:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

so sorry to hear that pt, I had a mild stroke when I was 48 (I'm 61 now), eventually (a year) all the numbness on my right side went away, I'll be praying for your speedy recovery brother.

and you will recover....... :good:

paper thorn

Veteran
thanks a million

thanks a million

:tumbleweed: greetings from the low desert.
You guys have me all cheered up, like Counselor Troy on ST the next gen
"feelings of joy, love..."
:biggrin:
it's a shame though how many people I hear of that have had strokes in their 40s.
My grandma had hers that left her on her back for 5 years before she passed away when she was 80 something, my mom was 65, me 57.

Seems like the more we become aware and educated about good diet, and cholesterol, blood pressure and all that, that we are being afflicted even more.

something they're putting in our food maybe?

idk.
everyone, i really appreciate the responses. Thanks again.

Spaventa

Veteran
Good vibes sent :)
I understand the disability and slow partial recovery thing... I broke my spine, hip, leg and jaw/teeth 3 years ago. 13 operations so far and counting. Just be glad your still on this side of the grass... I am ;)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
hopeful thoughts & prayers sent from east tennessee. listen to your doctors & DO NOT hurt yourself trying to do too much too soon. 57, damn. i'm over 60 myself. have known about my heart irregularities since my 20s, waiting for other shoe to drop. keep us informed as you recuperate...:comfort:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Methylsulfonylmethane (sp?)
Bioavailable sulfur, great for all kinds of regeneration improvements. Recommended for any and all injuries. :D I love it!!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Sending best vibes to you and your family Paper thorn!

I wish you a speedy recovery and I really like that stone pipe!

Keep us posted!!

Latest posts

Latest posts