What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Something wicked this way comes

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Bloyd
Environment is controlled with mini split, dehumidifier and C02 controller.

Temps are 80 to 83
Humidity is 60 to 75
C02 is at 1200

I am going to drain the reservoir and switch to Jack's tomorrow.
Back in the early days of the PPK , D9 was touting the Jacks/C because of its ability to not separate (precipitate?) when sitting undisturbed for longer periods of time than most. How did he come up with that.. i dono but when hurricanes approached FL, I'd mix up 3 vats (20 gal each) just in case. Each 20 gallons last about 10 days. Now that I'm typing that seems a little overkill as the most we've ever been without power has been 7 days. All vats retained PPM level @ 600-700PPMs.

right before the flip we change out the tailpiece with a fresh one. this is easily accomplished by placing the plant on a couple of inverted buckets while you change it out.
Hey guys! Just wanted to confirm D9 means he actually pulls the plant and root ball out the container to change out the tailpiece correct? Wondering if his plants are under a SCROG screen while all this is happening?

Gry

post 1071

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]those in 3.5 gal buckets should be using a 2" tailpiece. the same fittings shown on the first pages of this thread are available in 2". we are still using screws on the upper end of the tailpiece but you can glue the grating in the bottom because it never needs to come off for any reason.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
we are growing huge plants and vegging 8-9 weeks. right before the flip we change out the tailpiece with a fresh one. this is easily accomplished by placing the plant on a couple of inverted buckets while you change it out.

the tailpiece is filled with hydroton so it begins it's use with a higher air filled porosity than the 35-38% afp of the pumice so more room for roots to grow but the roots don't grow much after stretch so you end up with far less total root material in the tailpiece after harvest.
[/FONT]

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hello all! d9 needs a little help from his friends who have grown in the device.

first, if any of you are in a legal enough situation to be able to talk to one of my prospective employers please pm me asap! they are trying to decide whether or not i'm just a crazy old man or if any of this shit is real and true.

if you are not in that situation but can post a recommendation or endorsement here under your online persona i would greatly appreciate that too!

thank you all for all your help!

d9

Gry

Am a legal medical user and have always been most appreciative for the PPK.
Don't think there is another system out there which can meet my needs with such ease.
Been a blessing in my life. The support provided has been impressive and there have
never been any real issues with the system.
I depend on it, it delivers well and has done so for years.

Oysters

Aside from trivial capital investment needs, cheap operating costs, easy scaleability, minimal operator training requirements and consistent, bountiful harvests yielding superior investment returns, there's really very little to recommend PPK. Crazy old man, indeed. Happy Thanksgiving.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
hello all! d9 needs a little help from his friends who have grown in the device.

first, if any of you are in a legal enough situation to be able to talk to one of my prospective employers please pm me asap! they are trying to decide whether or not i'm just a crazy old man or if any of this shit is real and true.

if you are not in that situation but can post a recommendation or endorsement here under your online persona i would greatly appreciate that too!

d9
I dont know where to start. Your Passive Plant Killer (PPK) system is/has been my only method of growing for the past 10 years. Your recognition of perched water level. Jacks & Calcium for nutrients was to me (and many others) a god send, breaking me away from the worry of PH fluctuations and corrections $ rez change-outs. Additionally, the PPKs ability to run with little or no water temp & oxygen transfer problems. I feel like I'm writing an ad for the PPK and basically I am the ad. I'm not the brightest bulb in the package but very successful with this system.. and with turface NO BUGS. (sorry, never migrated to the perlite mix:biggrin:)

gmanwho

Veteran

d9

im kinda confused. your in a legal state. why is your resume and photos , blog/post/journal not enough?

if any of them are serious, whats it take , 500$ to jump on a airplane an visit your current situation? then 1 night at a hotel an fly out the next morning?

Earlmarne

d9

I will lend any help I can, got lots of pics of a small time grow using ppk.
Love the system

zeke99

d9

I am in a legal situation and would be happy to help, if it's not too late.

Earlmarne

Any of you folks run like 4 or 5 plants in one of the 6 gallon ppks? I did so once but had a few environmental issues. I really liked having more mains in the screen and the resulting bud size.
I had a theory that the root zones were in competition therefore keeping the individuals from reaching maximum potential. Ive been rethinking this lately though

Vhghost

Earl I ran 5 in a dice pattern, 1 -2 week veg.. cleanest most uniform canopy to date.... once I figure out posting pictures I'll be sure to post some( I think I figured it out)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This was all with Jack's calnit and Epsom salt
Little mammoth microbes near the end
I pulled 3lbs from 1200 watts at the wall led cobs

Last edited:
It's a shame seeing this thread die off. Is there a different place people are talking about the PPK these days or has everything been said?

Anyway, here's a mystery Original Glue #4 cross we call Gorilla in the Mystery. That's a 4'x4' tent that she completely fills up. The tester batch we ran smelled like blueberry scented super glue and tastes similar to Dutch Treat or Jack Herer. We harvested that plant early so I'm really looking forward to seeing how she develops with a full run.

picture.php

Gry

Everything has certainly not been said.
For those who need to churn out volume with ease,
I have not seen anything else deliver like a PPK
in a room set to DHF specifications.

Gry

DHF specifications are described several times within this thread.
DHF specs are a set of conditions, which if adhered to,
will allow you to run your PPK to it's potential,
and keep your expenses low.

DunHav`nFun

DHF specifications are described several times within this thread.
DHF specs are a set of conditions, which if adhered to,
will allow you to run your PPK to it's potential,
and keep your expenses low.
Hey Gry…...Hope youre feelin better my buddy.....healin vibes and prayers sent from Fredville…...now.....

Newguy…..My old setups were 10 x 10 with 4 plants in a "diamond" pattern and 5 bare vertical bare bulbs hanging in an "X" pattern and was developed by an old krusty kanadian klown back when we ran 50/50 sat/ind hybrids that took up 5 x 5 areas that grew like Xmas trees that reached 8' ceilings by end of stretch and yield was consistently in the 10-12 lb range per Harvey after 3-4 weeks veg max...…that said.....PPK`s came along and they were using bare bulbs hanging too so......

I helped some guys set some PPK`s up so they could run perpetual side by side with bloom rooms constantly running 12/12 - 24/7 for more harveys per yr , and the initial runs rivaled the old averages with what we used ta pull but with the mostly bushy more indica hybrids of today , increased to almost twice my old vegtimes came into play to pull the same yields , so the perpetual part actually helps with a separate veg area.....anyways.....

D9 said that my 10 x 10 areas weren't big enough for todays hybrids because they can bush out further than 5 x 5 during stretch if the strain is not known so there`s things to ponder , but with dialed environment and proper watts per sq ft all things are possible...….so.....Take care and...…hope that helps.....

Peace.....DHF...…:ying: …...

Last edited:

zeke99

I see that GrowStone is out of business.

In my last grow I used GS-2 in the tailpiece and mixed GS-1 into coco. No nasty perlite dust. Great combination in the PPK.

D9 talked about using hydroton in the tailpiece and uniform sized pumice in the container.

We don't have pumice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

I'm out on Coco for indoor grows as I don't want to go back to fighting those little flies.

Any good recommendations for non-coco mediums?