What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Playa Del Carmen Trip Coming Up Next Week!

Green Squall

I was there a few years ago. A very typical touristy area. Most of the vendors on the main strip were hawking both overpriced, poor quality "ganja and yayo". There were tons of cops around too, even though the vendors claim they are paid off. My hotel actually had cops watching the place at night with the doors locked. I brought them a couple beers when I was drunk one night lol.

I asked some expats who owned a bar what the scene was like and he said not very good. He had stopped smoking at that point.

Try and make friends with non sketchy people if you can. I think thats your best bet.

Again about the main strip, very touristy. Venture out into the city and you can find some pretty cool, authentic hole in the wall restaurants. I personally wouldn't venture too far at night though.

jerryyank

2bBlAzEd, any update on how it went. Im headed down there in a few months and was curious how it all worked out.