What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJXX'S SOUR DIESEL QUEST!!!!!!!

Q

quokka

Isn't Alpha Diesel where some really super special plants are to be found?

Or you mean you are 'recreating' your own version of Alpha Diesel?

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember the SD IBL 2010 drop. I think it was in January? Anyway spent 200 bucks to try them out and only got one female and 3 males, so I made a bunch of seeds with the males. I still have the pollen from the males in the freezer.

good luck on your quest.

S

Smoke Buddy

out of 10 DSD, one was smashed and one just didn't pop at all...but the other 8 look great...5 up out of the coco already....heard those are straight up diesel stench....i had 20 of the 2006 SD IBL f2's and only got three up out of the dirt...all five of SD IBL 2010 came up...i have 2 Reserva Privada SD that are in the bloom room now...and if they are worthy they will be involved also...am planning on sending in a bunch of the beans from this project to go the same direction as Dank Franks endeavor to help a fellow member out....DJXX

DJ, sorry to hear only 3 made it up. Given they are almost too old and Im not gonna get to them, the rest I have are on the way maybe 30 more...maybe you can get a few more to work bro.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
amm you make me wanne pop thes old rez. sd seeds in the stash, think its 1.5 and 2.5 the 2 before the IBL. I popped all the SD IBL seeds i had from when he first dropped that, thats where my Sour D mom i use comes from.

DJXX

Veteran
New Kids on the Block...:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Here is 2 SD IBL and 8 DSD...Am stoked with just these..but i have more of the 2006 SD IBL and so much in the way of Diesel genetics to add in here....i am hoping the results will be everything you would ever want in Sour Diesel...Stay Tuned...DJXX
picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Pulling up a chair for this one DJ. I just got 3/5 Rez DSD to pop and cant wait to see what you come up with. Ill be in line to snatch some up for sure if they are available. BEst of luck.

DJXX

Veteran
I forgot to add i have Somas NYCD cut..the good one ....so will throw it in the mix too...my buddy that donated 2006 SD IBL F2's is sending me another 50+ beans to work with...i will be having many more to use in the selection process...i have added two more shelves for this project....think another scrubber is a must....the first release will go towards the Dank Frank endeavor...definitely want to help this fella out....DJXX

J

johndoe123

New Kids on the Block...:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Here is 2 SD IBL and 8 DSD...Am stoked with just these..but i have more of the 2006 SD IBL and so much in the way of Diesel genetics to add in here....i am hoping the results will be everything you would ever want in Sour Diesel...Stay Tuned...DJXX
View Image

Looking good brother! So glad those IBL and DSD made it to a worthy home. I have a feeling you will need the extra scrubber bro!

DJXX

Veteran
Look what just landed...:woohoo::woohoo:
three paks of 2006 SD IBL F2's from three different moms...Thanks SmokeBuddy...bout 50 more to go through...the selection process will be EPIC...DJXX

Mediocrity Is Not An Option. Absolute Art In Selection...REZ
picture.php

J

johndoe123

Mediocrity Is Not An Option. Absolute Art In Selection...REZ

This should be your sig bro. With your selection this is not just going to be a pollen chucking fest. It should be an absolute orgy of the finest Sour Genes there are available. :ying:

Sounds like a great project sure to have some beauties. Subbed.

Run a cut of the strawberry diesel and the only thing I can say about the structure of the bud is that under dimmer lights it can fail to chunk up with girth, hardness and sometimes is not solid. Might be something you try and fix with somas nycd (hawaiian influnce) might help or a back cross to ecsd. It was never very strawberry scented/tasting anyway.

Hope to soon be popping the black diesel cut of NYCD to see if she is special.
Interested to see how 2 different selections do for you.

Rez Alpha Diesel(SD IBL x ECSD) (sounds good)
Somas NYCD cut.. See what pops up crossing the results from alpha diesel BX above.

Last edited:

DJXX

Veteran
i am veggn an ECSD cut to reverse....also i am looking for a SD IBL male but it will have to be a really good one....i have converted a space for the boys....got to get another 4 ft..4 bulb t-5 for them....DJXX

i am veggn an ECSD cut to reverse....also i am looking for a SD IBL male but it will have to be a really good one....i have converted a space for the boys....got to get another 4 ft..4 bulb t-5 for them....DJXX
Any reason you wouldn't keep the female ecsd just female for potency and known flower growth and structure caracteristics?
Hope you do find a boy in the ibl beans. I'd only reverse the ecsd cut if no other choice to avoid possible hermie contamination into the code. (any worse then is already there)
Opinions? (Not sure if best way to do it)

You'll see the other females from the ibl beans anyway to see how similar it is to the known cut. Especially if selecting for a specific trait to incorporate.