What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can you name some breeders that you can find winner phenos in almost every pack?

i remember snagging a few packs of g13 x sour d for about 30 quid each and being blown away by the plants that came out of them.. i wish id been able to keep her about but sadly lost my mother during a raid :(

come back h3ad.. we miss you!!

i am not a fan by any means of DNA but thier sour cream which is sourd X soma's G13haze was extremely flavorful and powerfull one of the strongest smokes i have ever grown, too strong for alot of people seen quite a few white outs i would love to try heads version i can only imagine the possibilitys

snooze

Chimera gfxbb every plant was a keeper. Bog sweet cindy, everything has been a keeper from there as well. I don't doubt their other strains are the same.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Sorry Lester but I have to disagreed with you

I expect that at least 6 of those 10 plants are like the description, if not what it this???

For me a keeper is the one that been like the description or not!, has a few qualities that are above average, for me the first one is potency, but there are list of things to look for in a keeper, yield, taste...

Why a keeper could be diferent that the description? easy, because has one or more of this "nicer" qualities. Think of all the seleccions of Skunk#1, Cheese and Orange Bud.

Hi,
I think that if you get a pheno that matches the description then you got what you paid for. To expect something far better that the description then no one can promise a keeper. If there are 6/10 that match the breeders description then I would say that's a stable line and you won.

Pheno hunting is entirely different. If you purchase a strain that is unstable or displays genetic diversity then the description should be just that, a baseline.

If the OP is looking to find stable genetics and doesn't have time space or money to pheno hunt then the best recommendation would be a pack of the 6/10 strains you mentioned. Correct?

B

budsoftruth

i know they have been mentioned but here is who i would definatly run again:

OGRaskal
CaliConnection
RareDankness
Bodhi
dna/reserva
Connasieur Genetics
Gage Green

every seed has potential - people like different things - selection is the key
I know there are many more, but i have had very excellent results from all f these breeders

pappy masonjar

Veteran
If anybody has anything negative to say about DNA's gear id be willing to bet anything they have never ran a pack.
Ive run 5 strains from DNA and every single one is killer.

GuerillaTacktic, just curious why you say your not a fan of DNA?

Im not trying to be rude or nothin, im just sincerely curious.

smk8000

i know they have been mentioned but here is who i would definatly run again:

OGRaskal
CaliConnection
RareDankness
Bodhi
dna/reserva
Connasieur Genetics
Gage Green

every seed has potential - people like different things - selection is the key
I know there are many more, but i have had very excellent results from all f these breeders

Add Ace, Sin City, and Loompa in there and you'e got about the 10 best breeders to get beans from IMO. No experience with Cali Conn though.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I'm going to catch hate for this but I actually had really good luck with Rez's Chemdog line. Found multiple keepers from 2 packs, one IX-III and one IBL. I also found a keeper of Sour Cheese (CSG) and only popped 2 beans, one of which was male

Rez is a snitch, so he's dead to me, or should be.
Gypsy rots in Jail because of that loudmouth punk.
That said, there are so many good strains now, so many breeders, that it's become impossible to keep up with them all. Young guys coming up now don't know how good they have it, or maybe some of them do. With so many choices and so much dankness, it's hard to go wrong. And yet, some of you young guys will never know outdoor equatorial strains like real Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, Jamaican Lambsbread, Colombian Gold, Thai sticks and other such strains from the 60s/early 70s that came in "soft packs" (burlap bags, not pressed, that weighed only 15 pounds or so). I know there are breeders still running this gear, but there is something unmatched about herb grown @/near the equator in that killer sunlight that came in small amounts to our country without being crushed first. You had to be connected to get your hands on the killer packs from south of the border. Stuff would be gone in a flash, so you needed to be sitting on wads of cash at the time to grab it while you could.
Those were the days, BUT, today, you have so many options that it's dizzying, and everybody can get their hands on dank with the click of a mouse. Something for everyone's taste, and you don't have to have $20,000 stashed under your mattress, waiting for that phone call. There are so many great strains now, I will be dead before getting the chance to try them all, but that's a nice problem to have. Lot's of good suggestions here.....have to check out some of the "newer" breeders. :tiphat:

papaduc

Veteran
The term "breeder" is massively overused in cannabis culture I think.

If, by breeding, you mean taking one plant and crossing it with another, then anyone's a breeder and their quality/level is only determined by what genetics they've got hold of. Nothing more.

If you mean someone who crosses, grows out, selects for traits, back crosses, and repeats the process until they've got a solid representation of the blurb they'll put on the back of the packet, you've just cut out a lot of people being touted as top breeders right away.

With regards DNA/Reserva, I can only speak well of their Sour kush/headband, OG kush, and OG 18. All of them were very good. Thick hashy kushy nice smoke. I think a lot of people have had issues with them because a lot of their strains are nitrogen sensitive and really suffer a drop in quality if that isn't observed. Lots of the average dutch hybrids most growers are used to will easily tolerate and sometimes demand more than what will make kush buds leafy.

Asslover

Veteran
Chimera's Grapefruit X Blueberry or Schnazzleberry#2. Guaranteed you'll find more than one keeper in a pack, with no germ or herm issues. Even after all these years Chimera's gear is still rock solid. The same can't be said about a lot of breeders mentioned in this thread...:ying:

rik78

Veteran
Hi,
I think that if you get a pheno that matches the description then you got what you paid for. To expect something far better that the description then no one can promise a keeper. If there are 6/10 that match the breeders description then I would say that's a stable line and you won.

Pheno hunting is entirely different. If you purchase a strain that is unstable or displays genetic diversity then the description should be just that, a baseline.

If the OP is looking to find stable genetics and doesn't have time space or money to pheno hunt then the best recommendation would be a pack of the 6/10 strains you mentioned. Correct?

the OP is looking for a "winner pheno" as in the title of this thread.

and no, sometimes you pop 10 beans for a pollen chuker ang you end up smoking hay, not good

look what Tom Hill says about the potency of his Haze, I think it can be related very easily to what we are talikng in here, queted from him[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

"The high is not consistent, this has always been my experience with this Haze. Regarding effect, most I'd rank as an up, cerebral, sociable, medium/high potency to varying degrees. Some though are incredibly friggen potent - a sometimes concerning intense high that lasts for 4+ hours. Of course these later types are the ones we enjoy most, or I do anyway. My experience has been that approximately 5% are absolutely outstanding, representing well this reputation/legend of the Haze high. There is some full-on hay in there too, I don't know, I guess I'd say that 10-20% piss me off as a waste of time? The vast majority of the line though falls somewhere between these two extremes. -Tom"

"I'll go ahead and upgrade my assessment to agree with CBF's and say that there's a "good" plant in every 10 pack on average. But I have grown over a thousand of these Haze plants and once you find an "excellent" example then the bar is all shot to hell and then some forevermore - this is the place from where I am looking at it. Those are about one in twenty, this has been my experience with it."
[/FONT]

So yeah, I dont want 10 plants that are like the description but have nothing to say, no soul, no spark.... at least one or two that has that something special that went you smoke it moths after cutting the plant, you still can see the plant in front of you.
And maybe one, out 200-300 (if the breeder is good only 100) get to be a "elite cut"

Something about genetics and not been maths, some times weird thigs happen!

At least is how I see it, I may be wrong!

If anybody has anything negative to say about DNA's gear id be willing to bet anything they have never ran a pack.
Ive run 5 strains from DNA and every single one is killer.

GuerillaTacktic, just curious why you say your not a fan of DNA?

Im not trying to be rude or nothin, im just sincerely curious.

i cant say that my dis approval is because of their seeds it is not their seeds i dont like. what i dont like is the huge ego's and people that love to brag. they do have some nice work out there but they ain"t the only ones with good gear to run, that being said i don"t think that me saying i am not a fan is any sort of negative comment about them, it is a statement about a personal preference to shop elsewhere .

You got any personal experience with RD? Their genetics sound pretty intriguing. Always wondered whether they had a true OG in their genetics or something they just call OG. Also hear a fair amount of hermie problems with their gear. Your input would be most appreciated.

here is my personal exp with RD she is my best keeper i have have ever found i have ran many many packs of seeds over the last decade
several packs a year rd was hands down my best pack there were four females out of seven seeds i germed they all would be considered keepable in most cases. i am very particular though however this one has set the bar very fucking high as far as i am concerned this girl has it all everything i look for and more it will stand toe to toe with any "elite" i guarente it.

501st OG

Attachments

• SAM_0198.jpg
    SAM_0198.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 7
  • SAM_0199.jpg
    SAM_0199.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 8
  • SAM_0195.jpg
    SAM_0195.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 11
  • SAM_0194.jpg
    SAM_0194.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 10
i would love to try some other strains crossed to that g13haze male like a ghost og or triangle kush or a chem 4, in theory those crosses should be pure gold

i got bored this evening and decided to check into some new gear and bingo this is almost exactly what i was talking about sounds interesting i dont know much about 303 seeds anyone know anything first hand ??

here is what i found

Aspen OG

Born in the Colorado Rockies, our OG variety is sweet like Aspen in the summer and coated white like Aspen in the winter. Stunning unique beauty, strength and a rich mountain heritage make Aspen one of the world’s most sought after destinations. The Aspen OG in turn is one of Colorado’s most coveted medications.

303 Seeds Aspen OG is a sativa leaning OG Kush that is the result of a pairing between the elite San Fernando Valley OG Kush cut and a special male from DNA’s Sour Cream project. Created by BudPatch to bring the sativa edge of the Diesel/G13Haze to the amazing indica hybrid SFG OG Kush, the Aspen OG is in a class of its own. OG dominant growth and stretch during both veg and flower, with rock hard OG nugs enhanced with a special sativa kick.

After countless demands from patients, 303 has brought you the Aspen OG in feminized seed form to add this Colorado grown OG Kush variety to your garden. Flowering time for mature plants averages 63-73 days. Medical uses include nerve & joint pain, muscle spasms, anxiety, appetite stimulation, and sleep disorders.

OzzBozz

here is my personal exp with RD she is my best keeper i have have ever found i have ran many many packs of seeds over the last decade
several packs a year rd was hands down my best pack there were four females out of seven seeds i germed they all would be considered keepable in most cases. i am very particular though however this one has set the bar very fucking high as far as i am concerned this girl has it all everything i look for and more it will stand toe to toe with any "elite" i guarente it.

501st OG

i'm gonna have to get a pack. damn! :biggrin:

i grew the docs og kush from rare dankness and it is awesome, tastes and smells similar to the true og kush. i am running the night terror now. mosca negra is always great i got his fire fly, its the best most frosty bud ever more than the white i got, and og rascal wifi is the shit. i ran a few bog stains and they were flops but its all in the luck of the draw sometimes.