What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can you name some breeders that you can find winner phenos in almost every pack?

there goes edro

Veteran
DNA's Kosher Kush, RP's Purple Trainwreck, GHS- Super Lemon Haze, and Sin City's Girl Scout Cookies x Blue Power cross. Thanks for all the great input IC!!!! Enjoy the remainder of your weekends and smoke something good!

A

acridlab

DNA's Kosher Kush, RP's Purple Trainwreck, GHS- Super Lemon Haze, and Sin City's Girl Scout Cookies x Blue Power cross. Thanks for all the great input IC!!!! Enjoy the remainder of your weekends and smoke something good!

Good choices, they all lookl killer,, the purple wreck is going to be the toughy in that group, a friend o mine spent alotta wasted time n effort pheno hunting that one,, hope u have better luck.

idiit

Veteran
if you read the threads before purchasing then ace and cbg deliver as advertised. madala satori delivers. this is per my personal experience as well.

seeds of africa is not known about at all. you might need to run two packs to get keeper/breeder phenos out of malawi gold, durban, zamal. i've run indoor test runs and smoked buds off of my selected phenos in the three (durban, mg,zamal) and i'm very stoked. fantastic breeding stock and pretty awesome pure imo.

guy fawkes

Veteran
i miss h3ad seeds, they used to put out some well priced fire.. g13 x sour esp but past few years ive found sin city, pieces and top dawg have put some some immense strains!!

S

Spider Crab

I think you have done well with the list you have.

Maybe, Dynasty & Catnip.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
i miss h3ad seeds, they used to put out some well priced fire.. g13 x sour esp but past few years ive found sin city, pieces and top dawg have put some some immense strains!!

Yeah I miss h34d.. I never even got to purchase any of his seeds.

there goes edro

Veteran
So OG Raskal, Bodhi, Top Dawg, and BOG are the front runners with Karma, CSG, Motarebel, and Ace/CBG getting honorable mentions. Mission accomplished!! Thanks IC for the insightful responses! Def be referring back to this thread for reference once I get back to buying some more beans.

B

BredForMeds

it depends on the grower.. phenos called keeper phenos could be crap..

I mean. honestly. its all depending on what your looking for.. me personally I look for plants that grow fast.. put on a really pungent smell and looks amazing... while growing.. then u gotta see how it looks smells tastes.. and potency after u dry.. and after the cure again..

most people pop 5-10 seeds.. and next thing u know they say I found 2 keepers.. its more then likely.. not the KEEPER in the Genetics themselves.. maybe in those 5-10 seeds it was the best.. but when u plant 50-100 of the same strain.. u can really find keepers.. that match up to any elite clone only out there.

there goes edro

Veteran
it depends on the grower.. phenos called keeper phenos could be crap..

I mean. honestly. its all depending on what your looking for.. me personally I look for plants that grow fast.. put on a really pungent smell and looks amazing... while growing.. then u gotta see how it looks smells tastes.. and potency after u dry.. and after the cure again..

most people pop 5-10 seeds.. and next thing u know they say I found 2 keepers.. its more then likely.. not the KEEPER in the Genetics themselves.. maybe in those 5-10 seeds it was the best.. but when u plant 50-100 of the same strain.. u can really find keepers.. that match up to any elite clone only out there.

Totally in agreement with you, just trying to get a census on which breeders other growers have found their keepers. Its all personal preference and as you mentioned a numbers game also. I am confident this thread has pointed me in the right direction for me to acquire better genetics.

Siever

Veteran
For well known, well tested strains that have proven themselves for a couple decades, consider Mr Nice.
They're the only ones with the original Widow, though it is now called Black Widow. I finished one last Oct that smelled like gardenias w a hint of citrus.
As well I did Master KAZE that got pollinated by a Black Widow male. 2, one was skunky and the other was slightly citrus but mostly bland.
Packs are big...15+ usually.

I recently bought Angel breath and Neville's mango haze from Mr Nice auctions. I had paid them on December 5 2013 and never received anything. They do not even respond to my answers.
I've had good results with TH seeds and Ace seeds(Dubi gives excellent customers support)

Siever

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
When topdawg returns id recommend getting something. The stardawg seems to be the stuff.

GSPfan

Veteran
I have not found a bad plant from Connoisseur Genetics or Og Raskal. Conns chem and ogchem males are are awesome and produce a winner every pack for sure.