What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm back! With Legend OG Kush!

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not a Chem D cross, whatsoever... and... I've never seen ANY variegation on this plant. Confusion comes from the fact that there IS a plant named "Legend" out there that is, in fact, a Chem cross. This one is certainly not the Chem cross version. This one should not be called "OG" at all... If it's to be referred to as "Legend", it should be called "Legend Kush", not OG. But I like to refer to it as Crinkle, which totally relieves any confusion between the different "Legend"(s). One of the "Legend"(s) is very likely nothing more than the Legendary 91, AKA the original OG Kush, aka Josh D, aka several other names... The Crinkle cut is NOT an OG. But the Original OG Kush is also NOT the Chem-smelling cut named "Legend". There are three well-known cuts that are called "Legend". All different... All are innocently called "Legend", not trying to step on the others with the same name (as far as I can tell).

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The one on the left, in your pic, looks like the Legend OG that tends to have that Chem D smell. Looks --to me-- to be a cross of the original OG Kush crossed to a Chem. The original OG Kush has no Chem smell at all, but looks similar to the plant on the left on your pic. The plant of the left may be the cut known as the "Respect cut of Legend'. the one on the left is almost certainly the Crinkle cut (aka Legend), which is not an OG at all, but more like a landrace (stabilized) Pakistani Kush. The word, "Legend" is not stolen from the other called Legend, it's very likely just a coincidence.

Thanks Dude... But you said the one on the left 3 times accidentally the first few times when you actually meant the one on the right I think it's safe to assume.. And dude.. That is your pic! From Instagram! You are who I was referring to with the abbreviation CC! (I'LL HAVE WHAT HE'S HAVING! lol :joint: :yummy: :tongue: ) Thank you so much for your reply.. I appreciate it and all the good work your doing! I am in Australia so am restricted to using seeds unfortunately.. I am looking for the greatest yield possible without sacrificing quality too much.. Looking to just produce the greatest amount of resin/cannabinoids possible whether that be spread out over a bulkier plant or a more concentrated lower yielding form.. Is crinkle the one for me? I have been eying off moscas crinkle crosses but was very concerned about the possibility of TMV.. If I click on and enlarge that picture it looked like there was a tiny bit of variegation on the leaf but I could be mistaken.. I know you said earlier that some Kush's and Afghani's tend to get leaf twist but it just looks so suss to me! Have you tried kosher kush btw? I'm assuming mosca used the Jew gold cut but could be wrong.. I was thinking of either helio kush (a cross between kosher and crinkle) is crinkle a superior plant do you think? I know kosher will stretch more and is lankier but I was thinking it might add a bit of lemony piney goodness to it without sacrificing yield too much and possibly even increase potency..? What do you think? It's probably that or the straight crinkle s1's.. Are there any other of his crinkle crosses that you would recommend instead? Sour diesel? (I read that you were not really a fan of SD..) Chem D? (Terrified of tmv though).. I have heard that crinkle has sturdier branches and doesn't stretch as much as an og.. Height is a real issue for me so if I go for the crinkle S1's should I expect her to double or triple in size after flipping? thank you so much for your help!

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hahaha! Yeah, reverse the references! hehehe What I was having last night was some strong Maine-made beeyahs! :)

Ok...so... many questions to tackle here...

Firstly (even though I ask Mosca not to admit where he gets some of his mothers), I gave him the Crinkle cut, personally...so...his Legend is the Crinkle. He did do S1's. I'm not sure what else he did with it.

The Crinkle cut itself is more of a Paki Kush than an OG, IMO. That said... she produces insanely resinous, very special buds and isn't a super stretchy girl. She's not short and squat, but she isn't as bushy and stretchy as actual OGs. The yield is extremely good. Never a problem there. Although the Crinkle isn't as lemony as some OGs, she is one of my patients' most favorite smokes, for years now. The smell and flavor are basically a slightly skunky, but mostly just a thick, hashy flavor. ZERO Chem smell.

As for TMV... My own opinion is that the "TMV" isn't a virus at all... it's simply a genetic mutation, similar to the mutation that makes any variegated plant turn out with such foliage. I learned, many years ago, when I worked at a massive landscape nursery operation, that variegated plants are CLONED into variegation. They do this by cloning ONLY from the branches expressing the desired variegation. They grow the clone out and the clone AGAIN from the most variegated branches of the resultant plants. They keep doing this until they get almost 100% variegated branches. I believe this is what the canna community mistakenly calls "TMV". but that's a different topic altogether. I'm simply suggesting to you that there's not much to fear from "TMV" in reality.

I've not tried Kosher K myself, but when I'm looking through pictures of buds, the Kosher is one of the ONLY flowers that make me wonder if I'm looking at the Crinkle cut...but I'm not trying to say that it's the same cut. It's just interesting that you'd mention that particular cut since I've already come to the conclusion that the two cuts look very close. Maybe related.

The Crinkle is a VERY sturdy plant. The branches are thick and strong. A very easy plant to grow. And the buds at the very most bottom of the plant look as good as any bud, anywhere else on the plant. Such a prom queen!!! :) So lovely.

Thanks again :) going to go with the helio kush (kosher x crinkle) cause of the reports of crinkle smelling like generic burnt plant matter and the supposed lack of flavours & smells other than earthy/hashy.. Kosher should add a little more lemon/pine flavour.. I hope mosca used the 'Jew gold' cut..

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
KONY/TOPSHELFMAINE (on IG) and who knows what other aliases he uses these days... I gave him a sample of a CRAPPY crop of Crinkle, and told him so, and why. That sample was the only experience KONY has had with Crinkle, as far as I can tell. Pretty sure I didn't give him the cut. Would have, just never got around to it I suppose. So... his understanding of this cut is like onion skin. Thin, dry, Crinkly. Knowm'sayin'? hehehehe Nice guy, though, otherwise. :)

Thanks again :) going to go with the helio kush (kosher x crinkle) cause of the reports of crinkle smelling like generic burnt plant matter and the supposed lack of flavours & smells other than earthy/hashy.. Kosher should add a little more lemon/pine flavour.. I hope mosca used the 'Jew gold' cut..

Last edited:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can send you a Christmas card, if you'd like one? ;) You know how to get with me. I probably told you you could have a Christmas card before... But I need regular reminders. I have three home-schooled kids! Mind is everywhere! Forgot more than I now know! :)

Yeah, crinkle and kosher are quite different. Had kosher alot. And have had the crinkle a bit 😉.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I worked in the landscape nursery business, I was told that variegated house/landscape plants are encouraged to express unnatural levels of variegation. Here's what I was told: The original plant--from seed--is just a regular plant of that family, but there's a branch or two that exhibit leaf variegation (which happens quite normally in plants). To end up with a plant that is completely variegated on every branch, they take clones only from variegated branches. Do this over and over, you'll have variegated plants. So... I wonder if this is what has been going on with these variegated cannabis plants we see. Someone should start cloning ONLY from non variegated leaves of a Chem D, and report back some day.

Also. On the variegation point. I have seen plants revert out of variegation.

Last edited:
B

Bluemater

You do have access to beans like that.. By mosca negra.. Crinkle kush x crinkle kush for example...

B

Bluemater

I know it wasn't being offered to me but I would love a Christmas card lol, I would send one back and even though you are not supposed to send money in the mail I have been known to include a gift.. :)

The Joker1

100%!

I Tarzan and I grew a Chemd for years with varigation that people swore had TMZ. He had it tested , it was fine. Just got it back and panicked for a minute then remembered. It will be interesting to select cuts with the least varigation and see if it fades.

Conclusion: if you get a cut called Legend, appreciate it because no matter what it is, it’s very good . Be satisfied.

When I worked in the landscape nursery business, I was told that variegated house/landscape plants are encouraged to express unnatural levels of variegation. Here's what I was told: The original plant--from seed--is just a regular plant of that family, but there's a branch or two that exhibit leaf variegation (which happens quite normally in plants). To end up with a plant that is completely variegated on every branch, they take clones only from variegated branches. Do this over and over, you'll have variegated plants. So... I wonder if this is what has been going on with these variegated cannabis plants we see. Someone should start cloning ONLY from non variegated leaves of a Chem D, and report back some day.

forgetiwashere

i want to get every person that has changed a name on a cut or circulated a fake cut under the wrong name and put them all in a big room together so i can just glare at them all disapprovingly.

Applesauce

The cut PCG was passing around was originally labeled the crinkle cut in 2017, then I saw confusion as to what it was, now I think that cut is sold and passed as "Schmoe cut". I've re read the last few pages and I'm a bit confused - CC referenced the schmoe cut as the one he thinks was crossed to a chem?

This is what PCG was calling the crinkle cut when this thread was in its prime:

1.png

Latest posts

Latest posts