What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MBnutes!!

JohnQQ

Does Manic Botanix have a store anymore? I can't seem to find anything on the site in the way of a cart system. I would like to try out some of their stuff on two project clones but

I'm either an idiot or there is no cart (I'm cool with both answers).

AAinAA

Would not recommend

Would not recommend

I can't speak for the quality of their nutes. I can however state that I have dealt with Tom at the Ferndale location.

I was looking for Solistek 10k bulbs which were surprising hard to find in my area. I found them online at ebay. Where mbferts was advertising how to get the bulbs way below msrp.
He said that if I drove out to the shop he could sell them to me for much cheaper as there wouldn't have to be sales tax or a CC fee. 8% savings right there.

For 55 dollars a piece I bought 2 600w mh solistek bulbs. I made sure they had not been run for anytime at all (even amazon has shipped me heavily used bulbs). They were brand spanking new and I thought Tom was pretty legit. He had come through in every way he had said.

Some time passes, about a month I would say. I decide to make some upgrades and I remember how Tom had served me well and the money I had saved over going to the shops or another online distributor. He had given me his cell number so that we could meet up at his store. (the store front was still under construction and he wasn't staying at that address during the day.) I made an order for near 1500 bucks that consisted of 4 ballasts and 6 bulbs. I made this order with a discover card and we used paypal as the charging mechanism. I texted with him on the phone that night about if he could take credit card, would shipping be free, when he could have it arrive or if I should pick it up. He is 40 miles away from my location. He stated to me that If i plaed my order with him before 8:30 that night he could have it out to me in the morning. I thought that was phenomenal and gladly accepted. This time tax is paid and the cc get their 2 percent.

When the order arrived at 9am the next morning there were two large unmarked boxes. one had 3 ballasts in it. Cool No problems there. The next box had 6 bulbs with 1 ballast on top of them. There was no packing material in the box except 3 return envelopes at the very bottom and a very small amount of packing paper. Coincidentally there were also 3 broken bulbs. Each bulb had a unique break to it that I had not encountered before. The tungsten of one was broken while still holding onto the filament. The other had large chunks of broken glass inside of it and the last one looked ok but gave me a bulb error code on the matrix ballast.

I informed Tom that some of the bulbs were broken. He immediately went on to blame UPS and how it was going to be ok that he would have UPS pay for the damages. A week goes by and I hear nothing from him. I inquire as to what process is happening and how I will get bulbs that work and if not when my money will be refunded.

He tried to feed me a script as to how to talk to UPS. I was to tell them that the packaging job was done well and that I had thrown out the packaging. He literally told me in all caps "YOU MUST SAY THIS TO UPS OR YOU WONT GET YOUR MONEY" At that point I said "Sir I am not willing to lie for you." He back tracked very quickly at this point realizing that I am not a dumb kid for him to push around. I told ups the truth when they called me. I also told them that I thought he was trying to commit mail fraud by shipping already damaged products. I believe they were already damaged due to the fact that he said " They were not damaged when we packaged them" which is a given and never needs to be stated.

after nearly a month I reversed the charges to paypal. Paypal gave me 12 days to find a 3rd party that would inspect and confirm that the product is indeed broken and what the value of the product is. Paypal also wanted the information to be on the companies letterhead. Walmart while they sell solistek stuff online is a whole different monster in person. Since I didn't have a receipt from wallmart they were unable to help me. They are not trained to be a 3rd party arbitrator. I went to another local grow shop where the owner was unwilling to help me as she didn't have any letterhead. I finally went to the grow show (farthest away yet) They were willing to help and wrote all the info down that paypal wanted on the back of his card. Unfortunately I was 1 day short on submitting the card to PayPal. The case was ruled in Toms favor.

Luckily discover is a bit more consumer friendly. They give 90 days instead of 12. They credited my account for the value of the 3 bulbs and will take it away if the case is ruled against me.

After I pushed paypal for the funds Tom wanted the bulbs back. But it was only after I played hardball with him that he was willing to send me a return label. And since I believe that he is trying to commit fraud using unsuspecting customers, I don't feel right sending them back to him to continue the cycle.

YpsiGro

MBFerts Exceptional Quality With A Low Price

MBFerts Exceptional Quality With A Low Price

Hello All,

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in with recent experience with this company. It is legit. My favorite product being his Hormone/B1 Booster.
It replaces these products.(Per website)
Rhizotonic
B-52
Superthrive
Canna Boost
Snow Storm

I spoke to the guy and didn't really believe him because it was so cheap and everyone claims to have magic.
He provided me with a bottle as a free sample of the product to try. How cool is that?
I grow Autos so I need Roots like now. Well, it delivered, and also gave me more Frost than I had on previous grow of same strain.

I will be doing a new/complete grow with a MBFerts line of products. I can actually buy a full line of products for once because of the low prices.

I will of course provide pictures. I know it's hard to believe someone without pictures, and I apologize for not having any now. I came across this thread that mentioned MBFerts and I had to chime in.

glow

Hello All,

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in with recent experience with this company. It is legit. My favorite product being his Hormone/B1 Booster.
It replaces these products.(Per website)
Rhizotonic
B-52
Superthrive
Canna Boost
Snow Storm

I spoke to the guy and didn't really believe him because it was so cheap and everyone claims to have magic.
He provided me with a bottle as a free sample of the product to try. How cool is that?
I grow Autos so I need Roots like now. Well, it delivered, and also gave me more Frost than I had on previous grow of same strain.

I will be doing a new/complete grow with a MBFerts line of products. I can actually buy a full line of products for once because of the low prices.

I will of course provide pictures. I know it's hard to believe someone without pictures, and I apologize for not having any now. I came across this thread that mentioned MBFerts and I had to chime in.

You'd perhaps have more cred Mark (aka Tom) if you had more than 3 posts to your name.

ChrisLives

I saw on integralhydro it's...

Potassium Nitrate
Mono Magnesium Phosphate
Mono Potassium Phosphate
Magnesium Nitrate
Ascorbic Acid (vit C)
Folic Acid (vit B9)
Fulvic Acid

but I suck at using hydro buddy, I can't figure it out.

ChrisLives

1-5-4
1L/2.4 lbs
Nitrogen 1%
Phosphate 5%
Soluble potash 4%
Magnesium 1%

Magnesium nitrate, magnesium phosphate, monopotassium phosphate, potassium nitrate.

queequeg152

Veteran
eh. i spoke to the guy via email a few times way back.

seemed fine to me. i got my shit that's all i really care about.

queequeg152

Veteran
To be fair and reading this thread and others there seems to be a lot of mixed reviews with some saying good and some saying not to be trusted. Some whiney kid is all over the net screaming about being robbed by them without anything to back it up. Standard stuff in hydroland I guess. My call is bad karma. The guy is under investigation by the EPA and was telling people a pack of lies and selling poisons under the banner of "Medical Botanics" - telling people it was FDA approved when it wasn't. I'm a big believer in where there is one lie there are more lies. Not good but I also expect it is a mixed bag. Seems some say good while others say bad. Guess that is normal. :tiphat:

i bought a shit load of mono potassium phosphate from this guy, some calcium nitrate too, so i cant speak to what ever plant hormone preperations he is selling... but i do know he offered me some free shit, i thin we talked about gibrillic acid or somthing like that, he offered to send me a few grams to fuck with, but i turned him down if i remember correctly.
i was just not ready to experiment with anything,.

regarding the claim on that website. IDK, sounds like he got in trouble for selling plant hormones because they are classified as pesticides?

i dont get that btw, how a plant hormone can be classified as a pesticide? what ever.

im just glad there are people out there that are willing to break down pallets of shit like fertilizer grade calcium nitrate, potassium nitrate and good quality MKP.
bottled fertilizers are absolutly retardedly vicious financial ass rape.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Seems like the dude at manic botanix called the epa on them if you ask me

ya bc the prick at mbferts was saleing a product called stretch stopper that is known to cause cancer and the lier at mbferts was passing it off as safe and organic,which glow states in that article..i would never do busniess with a shady mfer like that

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
...i dont get that btw, how a plant hormone can be classified as a pesticide? what ever...
It was CCC he was advertising as "safe and blabla" referring to the fact that it's used on certain crops (but forgot to mention that it's only on certain cereals which aren't meant for human consumption and during early growth). Wrote him two mails (the nice and helpful ones) regarding that and what he could/should do etc. but never got a reply.

Some wrongly call CCC a plant hormone because it affects hormones but it is a plant growth retardant which inhibits the formation of the plant hormone GA. In agronomy/agrochemical terms it falls under the very large family of pesticides which comprises all PGRs (plant growth regulators). Many PGRs are synthetic plant hormones, derivatives thereof, or mimic plant hormones (different chemical structure, same binding site, similar effect) and quite a few are so potent that they can be used to kill plants/weeds.
Hope that clarifies some things ;) .

Imagenetic2935

I think this is hilarious. As he is absolutely a blatant con artist. He's selling people poison. Doesn't know what he's doing.
Just reading his site he comes off as a weasel.

queequeg152

Veteran
IDK about plant hormones TBH. not a big fan of them in general (exception being 2,4-d lol).

my experiance with him was strictly related to raw salts.

only problem i had ever was a bag ripped a bit and spilled some calcium nitrate.
i emailed him saying to maby use some fiber glass reinforced tape instead of the clear film packing tape.
if i recall right he offered to send me another 5lb bag, but i declined becasue it was a small spill and pretty much a non issue.

i think the next order i made was packaged differently with polyethylene sleeve type bags that were twisted shut and taped over. the first order was in huge gallon sized zip lock bags that were folded over and taped down.

idk, if you dont like his hormones stuff then just stick to the salts.

Latest posts

Latest posts