What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MBnutes!!

Greeco

Hey fellow grower. Grant Low has worked his ass off testing coco substrates and different nutrient products exposing their "secrete ingredients." He has remade a lot of these products for a fraction of the price and isn't hiding anything. He comes out and tells you exactly what hormones,vitamins, and other ingredients in his products. He has been testing and developing nutrient and hormone products for some time and I trust him more then any other nutrient company out there. He also sells individual salts if you like to mix dry salts and feed using your own N-P-K ect ratios. ALSO he sells hormones and tells you how to properly mix!! NO MORE NUTRIENT HYPE BULLLSHIT!!! Trust me Advanced Nutrients,Canna, and others are going to be shitting their pants once he gets his name out there and growers start using his products. These nutrients are formulated for cannabis! I have been reading his studies and books for some time now and everything he does is backed 100% by science. Check him out @ MBnutes.com. I'm sure he would give out some freebies to get you hooked.

Hey fellow grower. Grant Low has worked his ass off testing coco substrates and different nutrient products exposing their "secrete ingredients." He has remade a lot of these products for a fraction of the price and isn't hiding anything. He comes out and tells you exactly what hormones,vitamins, and other ingredients in his products. He has been testing and developing nutrient and hormone products for some time and I trust him more then any other nutrient company out there. He also sells individual salts if you like to mix dry salts and feed using your own N-P-K ect ratios. ALSO he sells hormones and tells you how to properly mix!! NO MORE NUTRIENT HYPE BULLLSHIT!!! Trust me Advanced Nutrients,Canna, and others are going to be shitting their pants once he gets his name out there and growers start using his products. These nutrients are formulated for cannabis! I have been reading his studies and books for some time now and everything he does is backed 100% by science. Check him out @ MBnutes.com. I'm sure he would give out some freebies to get you hooked.
AMEN , finally some honesty in the biz. These guys are just what we as a whole have been waiting for. I've ordered some of their stuff and will see how it performs. I don't grow so i won't post any results, but i'll eat my tomatoes! T

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kinda seems a little odd to me, when they are selling a liquid silica product, and then selling a dry potassium silicate..

my problem here is that I could buy the ag sil 16h and make 10 quarts, while there selling 1 quart for 2 dollars less...

secondly, buying a liquid online, and being it costs $8 is not really saving me any money.. protekt is $10, or grotek is $9.... not really saving me money there

thirdly, where are you reading his studies? I don't see anywhere for his info

queequeg152

Veteran
not a shill... ive been lurking here for years, i dont grow cannabis so i dont post here, but i do enjoy reading.

id just like to chime in... and say that ive ordered from mbferts/nutes, and have nothing but good things to report. i had a chance to go back and forth with someone at the company regarding a product they didn't carry at the, and he was most helpful and generous.

as far as i know there is no one selling MPK at anywhere near his price. i go through a few pounds a year... not enough to require bags, so i appreciate that he takes the time to offer it at what is probably a fairly slim margin. i only wish he carried a trace element mix like scotts STEM, but w/e.

also regarding the silicates... dont bother with anything but pure crystalline product. unless you are dosing with injectors its a waste of money... potassium sillicate has an comically low bulk density, i wouldn't be surprised if its lighter than water... 1g/ml.

fwiw, the 100mg/l silicate rate thats been tossed around is an absurd fantasy. its very very tough to dissolve in any appreciable quantities, and when it precipitates remains suspended... i tried to dissolve like 100 grams into my usual 30 gallon fertigation reservoir, and was greeted with a 30 gallon batch of milky nutrient solution. it does not scale like carbonate precipitation, and fwiw it didn't clog my spray stake emiters.

but anyway, ive been sticking with around 20mg/l ever since. if you are working with purer water, you could probably go higher, but not much i suspect. my tap is around 300mg/l combined carbonates.

so far my fancy dutch maters seem indifferent to si, but w/e, its fun.

Sweet Deal inDeeD!

Sweet Deal inDeeD!

Yeah Habeeb it seemed a little weird to me at first too, so I’ve emailed them a few times, and finally just gave them a call to get more answers and here is basically the jist of what I could gather.

They are located in Michigan and proudly boast about helping medical patients grow medical marijuana, and have two sites, mbferts.com and mbnutes.com. mbferts.com is where they sell all the ingredients you will need to feed your plants, or make your own plant foods and additives, and mbnutes.com is where they sell premixed plant nutrients and additives either in liquid “ready to go” concentrates, or premixed powders that they ship to you for free, but you must supply the water and containers and shake it all up to make a concentrate. These are even cheaper than the liquid concentrates, so for some it might be worth the better savings.

I’ve never used their products before, so I decided to just run the veg lineup that I found here: http://www.mbnutes.com/media/Official Mbnuts Feed chart 10-26-12.pdf

Here is an example of my order that will give me roughly 575 Gallons of feed water, and for $110 with hormone booster, but If I skipped the hormone booster, my bill would have only been $60:
· 4 Liters of Grow A & B $30.00,
· 4 Liter R.O. Calmagic $20.00
· 4 Liter of Hormone Boost (IBA, Bap6, Triacontanol, Brassinolide, B1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 12) $50.00
· 1 Lb of agsil 16h $10.00 (50g a liter = 35 PPM @ 5ml/gal of Silica. That’s $1.10 a liter of Silica boost or protect ) My calculations came from the info found here:
http://mbferts.com/Agsil-16H-Potassium-Silicate-Soluble-Silica-Powder-1-Pound-545.htm

If you send them a few details about your garden they will give you a FREE itemized bill. They asked for information like:
· How many gallons of feed water do you use in a week?
· How many weeks do you veg, flower, and flush for?

Shit, since it was free and I was curious to see some pricing, I sent them some basic numbers, and to my surprise they were more than 50% cheaper than the same products I’ve been buying at the local hydrostore, so I’ve decided to give them a chance to impress me, and so far I’m more than thrilled hence the reason I chimed in here in this thread and dropped my 2cents.

As far as the confusion in companies, they are maniac botanics and glow is manic botanix. I asked them if there was any connection and they said “no”. I have found them to be very helpful and friendly and like working with them. They said they there were asked before if there was a connection between the two companies and so in order to eliminate confusion in the community, they have stopped using maniac botanics and have started selling under Mbferts.com and mbnutes.com thats my story and i'm stickin' 2 it. M_T

Last edited:

shaggyballs

Veteran
Good stuff at all 3 sites.

I saved a bunch of money and the people there were Great.

Will buy more soon.

Something for everybody.

oh yea I got some free samples too.:thank you:

Greeco

AWESOME!! Im glad you all have discovered Glow's work. He's the man!! if anyone has any pictures of results I would love to see them.

BubbaBear

Does anyone have experience using the MB Hormone-Vitamin Booster ? It contains Indole-3-butyric acid, Bap-6(6-Benzylaminopurine), Triacontanol, Brassinolide, and a Full range of B-Vitamins, Fulvic Acid.
Thats one hell of a additive. It sounds like it would be best for veg and maybe the first three weeks of flower because doesn't Idole-3 butyric acid cause hermies and low quality if used all the way thru flower?

shaggyballs

Veteran
A good friend of mine just finished and he used it all the way from veg till the last 2 wks.....he had frosty tight nuggs!

under a 400 cmh the whole way also.
kinda funny??

But you are correct too much auxin or GIBB. in flower you get huge low quality fluffy buds prone to hermy!!

It is all about the ratio and timing......these guy just found a perfect middle ground solution.
But if you have the knowledge you can mix your own formula for each stage of growth!
That is what I am currently working on.
But I cant seem to find anyone willing to share their knowledge of hormones with the world (TOP SECRET STUFF)

I

Inspired333

Why the eff is this thread (this company) not more popular. Is this not exactly what MJ growers want??
It sounds like they do exactly what AN claims to do, but doesn't, only: way better, way cheaper, and with the possibility of extreme customization - if you want. Such as being able to mix your own nutes.
I checked out the website, that liquid hormone/vitamin solution for hydro sounds crazy good.

Am I missing something? Thread is relevant, last post was last week.
If anyone is doing experiments in the forum that goes by that name, they should maybe try some of these nutes out.

Cool stuff!! Thanks OP. I came across this by sheer luck.

Why the eff is this thread (this company) not more popular. Is this not exactly what MJ growers want??
It sounds like they do exactly what AN claims to do, but doesn't, only: way better, way cheaper, and with the possibility of extreme customization - if you want. Such as being able to mix your own nutes.
I checked out the website, that liquid hormone/vitamin solution for hydro sounds crazy good.

Am I missing something? Thread is relevant, last post was last week.
If anyone is doing experiments in the forum that goes by that name, they should maybe try some of these nutes out.

Cool stuff!! Thanks OP. I came across this by sheer luck.

I for one will be giving these a shot the next round. I have been reading up on this line and can't wait to see how it works.

I really dislike the bullshit marketing tactics most nute companies deploy. I thought I was onto something cool with my last find but it turns out to be just ok and the product rep'd hard by shills.

baddagger

i think i wil give this guys a try.. make a small order and use it on one plant to compair to my other nuts to see if there is a huge diff or not. or if they even come out the same

I

Inspired333

I for one will be giving these a shot the next round. I have been reading up on this line and can't wait to see how it works.

I really dislike the bullshit marketing tactics most nute companies deploy. I thought I was onto something cool with my last find but it turns out to be just ok and the product rep'd hard by shills.

i think i wil give this guys a try.. make a small order and use it on one plant to compair to my other nuts to see if there is a huge diff or not. or if they even come out the same

Cool guys. Yea, there's always a chance this is no different (to good to be true/marketing..?) but it seems like maybe worth while.
Maybe you guys could let us know if you decide to give them a try.

baddagger

Cool guys. Yea, there's always a chance this is no different (to good to be true/marketing..?) but it seems like maybe worth while.
Maybe you guys could let us know if you decide to give them a try.

if i do.. it will be a little while cause im just finshing up my vegging and going to start flower.. so once the plants are done and i can start a nother set of girls i will give it a try

shaggyballs

Veteran
A good friend of mine just finished and he used it all the way from veg till the last 2 wks.....he had frosty tight nuggs!

The yield was slightly above average for him!

under a 400 cmh the whole way also.
kinda funny??

I think these guy found a perfect middle ground solution.
But if you have the knowledge you can mix your own formula for each stage of growth!
That is what I am currently working on.
But I cant seem to find anyone willing to share their knowledge of hormones with the world (TOP SECRET STUFF)

I have used the boosters and they All work good for me also.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts