What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

M.O.B (Mother Of Berry)

S

Scrappy-doo

Just recently acquired this cut, but I'm having a real difficult time finding much info aside from it being a cut from Maine.

Anyone heard of this strain and/or grown it? I'm hoping to get some info on her laid out for the web.

If you have any pics I got lots of K+ to give...

SneakySneaky

Veteran
I've heard of it, supposedly one of the best tasting berry strains out there, heard nothing but good things. Glad u got it so somebody here can show us what's up. I'll grab the popcorn :lurk:

S

Scrappy-doo

Thanks for the link Iron Lion nice to read anything I can get on her.

Thanks for the encouragement SneakySneaky I'll post up some pics once I get things rolling. She's just a cut right now though so it's gonna take some time to root and get her started.

So I guess this might turn into a grow diary for this strain. Cherry/berry/syrup smell and flavor that sounds good to me. Let's see what she can do.

Koladog

Been growing MOB a few years now. Many people have had it around here (Maine) for at least 5 + years. Grapey skunky goodness with just a tAste of haze. Can grow very bushy no topping necessary 45 days flowering .

S

Scrappy-doo

Kool man do you have any tips for growing her indoors? I heard she has almost no stretch in flower.

kannabisking

I live in southern Maine don't know too much about the history for sure an indica dom, short, quick flower (not auto flower) have seen a few outdoors andnow quite a few are doing med indoor. a friend of a friend was growing Jerry berry back in 2006 and that was amazing until in 2007 I started seeing mob. He got clones from his dad who told him it was Jerry berry X dj short blueberry, have also heard this stain has been around for over a decade and started in western mass and was brought up here. Out here there are people tend to be pretty tight lipped. But as far as I know a lot of growers out here follow the laws so unless your a caregiver or med patient in Maine its gonna be tough to get. I have a friend out in Washington would be awesome to bring that out west and see what you boys can do out there with it

coastal

I was told that this strain was actually bred in rhode island and is over a decade old. Who knows if that's the truth...

kannabisking

Right I certainly don't, one thing we can agree on is that its a great strain. I almost enjoy it being kind of mysterious not too well known over everyone having it and knowing where it came from

H

highsteppa

Its a cool plant--very forgiving, hardy and generally comes out really nice. Her buds will foxtail and run if you leave to much larf under her skirt. Yeilds less than many other strains indoors. Her true virtues are realized in the outdoors. She's done first week in Sept, has heavy trich coverage, stank and is a gooey mess to trim. Major game changer for the northern outdoor folks.

Oh and the flavor....:dance013:

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my whole bloom floor is "MOBbed" atm..heh....everythng in the pic that doesn't have a bud is MOB..hit her a lil hard to start but shes doin perty good so far..
curios to see others kickin her round...yall know I lub me some blueberry buds...keep rollin
FOE20

Attachments

• MOBblm1_12-26-12.jpg
    MOBblm1_12-26-12.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
common folks....wheres the berry love...Im on a another site and they posted some damn righteous pics of this lass....yall gana make me wait till the bell tolls huh?.......here she is here at 3wks...first run goin off the charts so far..
FOE20

Attachments

• MOBblm1_01-12-13.jpg
    MOBblm1_01-12-13.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 20
  • MOBblm2_01-12-13.jpg
    MOBblm2_01-12-13.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 20
  • MOBblm4_01-12-13.jpg
    MOBblm4_01-12-13.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 19
  • MOBblm5_01-12-13.jpg
    MOBblm5_01-12-13.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 17

feralct

This strain showed up in my area a few years ago. It seems like a bb hyb to me, or maybe the indica side of bb. Did your clones stink even in veg FOE? I've seen pics of that avalon strain that looked very similar.

H

highsteppa

a friend of a friend was growing Jerry berry back in 2006 and that was amazing until in 2007 I started seeing mob. He got clones from his dad who told him it was Jerry berry X dj short blueberry, have also heard this stain has been around for over a decade and started in western mass and was brought up here

That about when it started showing up round here prob around 2008. My friends that had it first also said something about there being MOB/Jerry Berry connection...

I grew Avalon a few years back and can say it was nothing like MOB. Not bad though, hardy outdoor blue/afghan.

Sup FOE! What kinda cross you got planned for her? :)

agent_nugjar

I was told that this strain was actually bred in rhode island and is over a decade old. Who knows if that's the truth...

ive heard this too. thseeds bubblegum is essentially the m.o.b. cut. i think it was called "maine only berries." i will ask again because my friend has this strain, and ive heard the lore many times

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
feralct...well to me any dialed canna plant will funk although theres a few that have no or low funk, but the majority to me stink...specially when happiest..I mean really friggin stink to....kinda feel thats part of why RKS isnt as avail as ppl just get scared of that funk...its like everyone wants it but the ya get it and 2 or 3 scrubbers dont help...heh...then what...but MOB had a nice floral afghan tone..not as strong as a few other I keep tho....but its in the stinker crew for sure...

hey highsteppa...guess we'll find out what it is like first...then sorta see from there....no big ideas yet tho...looks really hearty tho..really to me it looks like Dabney on roids...heh

Thats interesting to hear cause Ive seen a few odd phenoms in BGum but not a Blue..this does happen tho like 2 examples being ak47's Cherry phenom which Ive had before and it does rule ass..and skittys Cherry Slyder being another...Ive run Dabney and kinda thought it may be related to her but I hanv't smelled MOB yet to make any comparison....
But Ive run Serious BGum and a few off brands...now Im rather curious what this is...Ive only heard it referred to as Mother of All Berries so far but think it was said from Maine as well...
would have to out cross or self her and see what shows in offspring to see how deep the blues goes in her....keep rollin
FOE20

agent_nugjar

ive heard this too. thseeds bubblegum is essentially the m.o.b. cut. i think it was called "maine only berries." i will ask again because my friend has this strain, and ive heard the lore many times

i was told again that its most likely just an awesome pheno of dj shorts bb. was made in maine by people who knew folks in RI. the thseeds bgum could potentially be it, because they made it back in the early 90's by popping a ton of beans, but the creator is even a little foggy as to what it was made with now haha. i bet it was dj short bb tho

Latest posts

Latest posts