What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tennessee Hogsbreath Clone

TonyGreenHand

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3973960&postcount=2365
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3973964&postcount=2366
...lets see if this works...these were some shots early in flowering of bht's cut..those of you who have grown the tenn hogsbreath-does it look similiar at all?

This looks really close to the one I grew. Same leaf thing happening on those fans close to the main cola. Same frosty nuggets, they came to the same point. The bigger leaves on mine still did that curl leaf thing though, not just the small ones..so it leaves me wondering. Are there more shots of his girl around?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive got more shots...quite a few of us in dago have grown bhts cut..whatever it is..maybe one day i will get tenn and see if its same thing..would explain a lot..thanks man

TonyGreenHand

When you find a second please post up the other pictures you have of this girl, Finished nug shot? before the chop? these are the pictures that would really separate the Tennessee from the California.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
heres a bunch of shots i took of the BHT hogsbreath from when subrob grew her

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
But bear in mind this is not the cali cut known as hogsb...its Big Herb Trees cut of hogsb....

TonyGreenHand

Nice nice nice, I believe we have a winner.

Just a hint o purple, and those nuggets, oo la la.

Subrob,have you grown both hog's breaths? I would love to hear your take on how they differ if so. Your nuggets of the HB look PRIME TIME, +k for sure.

CannaVenture

ICMag Donor
Now I want a HB cut... Cannaventure, do you plan on doing a backcross or two? Anyone know where to source cuts in Cali?

DD

Man, This thread has grown alot since I last checked in....i need to catch up, but Desert Dan, yeah man, that is the idea with the Garlic Breath line... We will work it back to the Hogsbreath clone only... So far, with this first Garlic Breath release, Im happy with the amount of the Hogsbreath characteristics that are shining through....

But Yeah man, a BX and possibly a BXII is in The Game plan for Garlic Breath...

CannaVenture

ICMag Donor
It had a really distinct smell. I hadn't seen any chem at that time, but in retrospect I would say it was like a Chem D(not as offensive) with a weird sweetness in the background. Hard to describe how something can be offensive and sweet. I remember all the packs we were getting had really chunky nuggets in it. I always thought this one would be a big yielder.

At the time it stood with the Jedi, Bullrider, and this SSH we were getting out of Long Beach.A notch above all of those was the Pure Kush(which the circle that was growing/brokering mostly kept for themselves). Then there was a Kali Mist x Hawaiian that was the one! Good times. SD had some nice herb back in those days. I'm sure it still does. :)

Hey Abja, yeah man, Its a VERY hard smell to describe..I still havent really found the words to describe her accurately..

You are spot on with the Chunky nugs description though... Really dense, and Chunky flowers, and Im running The real afghan Bullrider clone right next to The Tenn. Hogsbreath clone, and while the Bullrider DOES yield very nicely...The HB clone, even fully pollinated, still outweighs The Bullrider clone...I have a few HB clones, that I vegged into big bushes, but pollinated heavy, They still look like they will yield 4-6 zips per plant....And thats with all the seed they are making too.. Pretty amazing really..

The HB clone, is quite possibly , Im not even sure if its a question really, But teh amount of trichs is unmatched by anything ive ever ran... It Literally looks like a Web of trichs..even on the sugar leaves...

HB Flowers are Super Dense too....And Very potent.. I really dont even smoke it much i liek more of a sativa dom high..And HB is Far from that.. its straight up Night Time smoke..And It Will lay you out...

I got this clone about 2 or so years ago..and a Good friend of mine has been running it for Years..He has A Lot of really Nice Rare clone onlies, and I know he has no plans of ever getting rid of her....The HB clone is good for sleep aid....med patients and for commercial growers too... It does not have a big stretch at all, and stays quite short. But teh yield is almost second to none...The Yield to Quality is IMO, without a doubt, Un-Matched, Atleast in my experiences....

CannaVenture

ICMag Donor
If I'm not mistaken this is a vid of the cutting that I procured, from the same source. Are we allowed to post videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlwnXHmEOHs&feature=player_embedded

This looks like hes a couple weeks from harvest..

Yeah man.. The plant in thsi video looks to be The Real Tenn. Hogsbreath clone.. No offense to the dude that made that video, Th eplants are pretty nice, but No where near dialed in.. id say he got 7 out of 10, as far as growing it perfectly.. Flower shoudl be a little bigger, with more frost and probably should be a little denser too... But not bad at all..

As fas as HB getting some purple color.... in late flower, teh sugar leaves and fan leaves will get a little purple coloring, but not the entire leaf, its more splotchy kind of..

Ill take some pics tonight..i took some pics a couple weeks ago, but i couldnt get the pics to show teh quality of the plant.. Now she is pretty much done flowering, So Hopefully i can get better more informative pics of her...

CannaVenture

ICMag Donor
Grown out-so..your saying you guys used a pheno of the hog? Then we have gotten to the bottom of the mystery...it is san diego hb...half anyway...

No Absolutely not.. I have Never grown out teh thseeds version, So i cant personally speak about their version, but I have heard bad reviews.... Most saying that version is not close to The clone only...

We used a clone only for Any and All Tenn. Hogsbreath hybrids we have released.. The Best being Garlic Breath...

I have the real deal Hogsbreath cut (from an incredibly reliable source)... It's one of my favorite smokes hands down. I heard a guy describe the smell as "mango baby poop", and that's not a bad description. The taste is so funky and almost buttery. It stains your tongue for an hour after smoking it...

I know it's a rare cut to track down; I got amazingly lucky when I landed it. I think I'm one of 4 or 5 people in Michigan to hold it. The HOG from THSeeds seems nothing like the cut I have.

here are a couple shots that were taken by the guy I got it from.

View Image
View Image
View Image

^^^That looks like The One.... Every grower gets different results with the exact same cut.. But those pics above from Weird Jimmy look to me like The Tenn. Hogsbreath clone... There seem to be a few differences in the cut I have and Jimmys, but they look pretty close....the differences could be from different grow styles..IDK..

I have a few HB plants in late Flower right now.. I Will take some Late Flower pics Tonight! and will post them here...Maybe that will tell us all something....

I know I heard about The Tenn. Hogsbreath in the 90's and even then it was suppose to be old...Im under the impression The Tenn. Hogsbreath is 30+ years old...But, its the "Clone Game".. and we All know how this game works...lol..

Late Flower pics will get posted tonight.. Hopefully i can get some decent pics of her...The last pics I took of her, Did not due her Justice.... Regardless, Ill post some tonight, They will atleast show the plant structure and flower structure etc..

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey everyone, just catching up on a couple of my threads since I got the power back and internet on again and yea this one has grown but was turning into a debate almost and was not my intentions. The pictures have been very nice (very nice plants) but obviously show we have a few cuts in ? other than the Tenn. cut which is the original and what i'm mainly focused on. I don't mind discussing the others but again i'm trying to gather a lot of info. in the thread on the Tenn. HB cut which is what the hybrids i'm running are based off of.

Hey CannaVenture, i'll be waiting and anticipating all the Hogsbreath BXs during the project, can only get better if your seeing good things already. Hopefully you made a ton of Garlic Breath seeds, I know i'm shooting for a few more packs come drop time. Also can't wait for you to put a few pics up when you take some of your stables later. Hope the fam didn't have any problems during that big storm we had. Took almost a week to get back to normal around here.

Ya'll take care 1

TonyGreenHand

Thanks for confirming my suspicions CV, Like you said every grower does her different, I wouldn't have said the video I posted was close to dialed in either but he pulled it shortly after the video was taken..

I bet the shots of her all preggo are going to be stunning!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Canna..ya we figured that out..just got more confusing when your boy was quoting info on the hog...
...i dont think the reviews on the hog by th were all bad..i think alot of the criticism came from guys like me...who made the mistake of thinking since they were from socal they had used cali hogsbreath..i think thats where alot of the "doesnt resemble hb" came from..they wouldnt have used it if it werent good nor im sure would you...
..so whats your opinion on the pics of the cut now known in cali as BHT hogsbreath? Really curious what people who have grown the tenn cut think about her..
...kant..im sorry i guess...personally..i cant think of a better thread to get this info on...but i guess we will keep it only to the real "original" hogsbreath after this..hopefully cv will post his opinion on the question and i will edit my posts if its really bothering people that much

Last edited:
Can anyone state for certain how far it go's back? Tenn or SD.
I always thought it was somehow related to old Sensi seeds Shiva Shanti, or atleast the Garlic afghani that was the mother.
My buddy recently scored some old stock shiva shanti seeds, really excited to sort through those. A garlic pheno male would make the perfect partner for Hogsbreath. :good:
(Probably be nice match for kushes & chems too.)

I did a search with the spelling 'hawgsbreath' (coming from Tenn I'd imagine that would be the prefered spelling), and found a post on RIU from 6-15-11 that read:
James 'Hawg" creator of Hawg's breath died ....RiP
"this past sunday, james 'hawg' passed away from an apparent heart attack."
But then the guy goes on to say HB is: "father) = williams wonder
(mom) = green crack (which is the name snoop dogg gave to suoer skunk wen he smoked it) X northern lights #5"
:rolleyes:

Attachments

• hogbrth.gif
    hogbrth.gif
    54.5 KB · Views: 14

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The part about james passing is correct...i dunno where dude got the part about green crack...there is no green crack in HB nor ww imo and i havent heard anything about gc being in theoriginalreal ten hb
..sorry..guess im talking about it again..

CannaVenture

ICMag Donor
Tenn. Hogsbreath clone, In Mid to Late Flower...

Tenn. Hogsbreath clone, In Mid to Late Flower...

Thanks for confirming my suspicions CV, Like you said every grower does her different, I wouldn't have said the video I posted was close to dialed in either but he pulled it shortly after the video was taken..

I bet the shots of her all preggo are going to be stunning!

Yeah man...Out of All of the pics.. The video you posted looks like the closest, just not grown to perfection.. Weird Jimmys pics had the Trich Coverage nailed.... And for sure, It seems The Exact same cut, comes out differently with every grower...

I was able to get a few pics of my girl in mid and late flower...They are not the best pics I have seen of her.. but they will do for now...

The amount of purple on the sugar leaves is Not normal, In my experiences with her... Its usually not even close to that much color....Im really not sure what I did, other than this past week, I lost power for like 5 days, had a generator running lights, but it wasn't optimum conditions like it usually is.

I took this photo about 2 weeks ago or so....

Then these pics where taken last night..... I tried to get the entire plant in one pic but its hard... I have a few Big Hogsbreath bushes, about 5 feet tall, with 6 or so main stalks...And due to the weight of the flowers, she is all over the place.... The stalks are not spindly, like ECSD is, nodes are close together with a thick strong stem.. This girl was being supported, but took her out of The HPS room to get better pics of her.

You can really see the purple sugar leaves in the last pic.. Ive completed a decent amount of runs of this cut (5 or 6) and have Never seen it turn this dark, usually Just some of the sugar leaves get a splotchy purple color, but not full on like that pic...

All of the above pics are pollinated flowers...So you can see how much frost she kicks out, and the yield Even with alot of energy going towards seed development... Is impressive.

She really is a Huge Yielding , Resin Pumping Machine....IMO, As far as Yield to Potentcy/Quality, She is tough to beat... Its a straight up 100% Indica body stone....Best used at Night Time as a Sleep Aid... IMO, She is a little too much for me..... But Im not a big Indica fan.. I prefer nice Day Time smoke from Sativas, or Sativa Dom hybrids....Tenn. Hogsbreath, Is Not that.

If you google "Hogsbreath", You will see alot of people saying "Hogsbreath" is a Sativa or Sativa Dom etc.. I really don't know where that is coming from.... But, NOTHING about her is Sativa, not even a little bit...

In the dried nugs, there is pretty much no purple.. Just a green color with orange pistils... very dense nugs... This isnt even close to a good representation, because of how seeded it is, but I will try to get some Dry pics, to add as well...

Excuse the Lack of Quality in the pictures... A photographer, I am Not.

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Great pics CV!! Thanks for getting those up. Now everyone knows exactly what we are working with.

CannaVenture

ICMag Donor
Canna..ya we figured that out..just got more confusing when your boy was quoting info on the hog...
...i dont think the reviews on the hog by th were all bad..i think alot of the criticism came from guys like me...who made the mistake of thinking since they were from socal they had used cali hogsbreath..i think thats where alot of the "doesnt resemble hb" came from..they wouldnt have used it if it werent good nor im sure would you...
..so whats your opinion on the pics of the cut now known in cali as BHT hogsbreath? Really curious what people who have grown the tenn cut think about her..
...kant..im sorry i guess...personally..i cant think of a better thread to get this info on...but i guess we will keep it only to the real "original" hogsbreath after this..hopefully cv will post his opinion on the question and i will edit my posts if its really bothering people that much

Hey Rob.. Man, IMO, I think this is a Great Thread, With lots of relevant information....I would still like to see people to Continue to post more pics of The Different "Hog" cuts floating around... The more Info thats out there, The Better we All are.... And honestly, I havent seen 1 picture in this thread that isn't nice or even Top Shelf potential..... Everything looks Great....And We ALL know, All about The "Name Game" whether its Hogsbreath or OG Kush....lol.. Its just the way it is...I think threads like these help more than hurt...

Hopefully, More pics will get posted, and maybe we will come to some accurate conclusion... Though I doubt it..lol...