What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tennessee Hogsbreath Clone

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey everyone, this thread is open to any discussion that involves the Tennessee Hogsbreath clone only strain. Pure form, hybrids, grow stats (flower time etc), and different growers experiences as not every grower has the same enviroment. You running it in some soil/soiless/coco great lets hear about it, or you more of a hydro/aero guy awesome give us the dirt on this strain lol ;). All info. is welcomed pics, smoke reports, grows and all :). Not exactly sure how its bred but I heard possible Afghani/Hindu Kush sport pheno. Since this strain is not very controversial I doubt any debates will get too heated, just remember to keep it Hogsbreath ;). I'd really like this thread to be kind of the official Hogsbreath thread where we can all come and share and collect as much info. as we can about this clone.

I'm actually currently running a Hogsbreath hybrid (HB x Alien Kush) that I nicknamed for my grow Aliensbreath. I'm looking for the most HB leaning phenos and whatever other dank I find along the way from the pairing. Its still early in the grow but I got 100% germ (5/5) and i'm off to a good start. I will be starting a grow journal in another forum but I will also be reporting on them some here too just to add to this thread, another experience. I got the seeds by the way from CannaVenture Seeds via Seedbay, yea got some Hogsbreath finally :). I hope to get some more hybrids or S1s of this strain from them. They seem to be the only breeders on this site working with this clone that i've been interested in for awhile but put on the backburner because nobody ever really talks about it and I didn't think i'd ever have a chance to try it anytime soon. Now that I am i'm looking for as much info. as I can find or rather say gather here in this thread. I hope there are still some of you here on ICMag that run this clone or have mothers that can come and discuss your experiences with this strain. I heard this strain is an elite and I would hate to see people let this one pass them by, turn down, or let slip away due to lack of strain information so lets hear about your Hogsbreath if you got it. Hopefully this will be an informative and enjoyable thread. Take Care 1

Highersolutions

Veteran
I used to love the Hogs back when I lived in SD...one of my favorite smokes of all time for sure. It would definitely make my top ten list. It had a real potent KO smoke and a unique smell...kinda foul, hence Hogsbreath lol. I can't really help you with growing specifics because i have never personally grown her out...she was held onto pretty tight by a few circles when I was stomping around SD and she still seems to be a hard one to get your hands on. Good luck with your search for info...I'll be checking in for sure. Oh yeah nice pick up on that Aliensbreath...I had no luck getting that one...everywhere I tried lol. That one went quick. I ended up with the Garlic Breath instead so hopefully I will get to check out those here soon. Peace

S

Space Ghost

hogsbreath, or at least a variant of it made it to the PNW a few years ago and I enjoyed it greatly, but never got a clone... One of those weed that is a little too debilitating... This is a no-driving herb...

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Highersolutions, nice to hear she's a favorite of yours and makes your top 10 list. Yea the smell I hear is super strong almost roadkill-ish but more of a natural foul odor. My granddad raised hogs when I was younger and I remember their stinky breath lol. The potent high you speak of is really what interest me, everyone says its a very potent indica. I'm trying to find out how potent it is firsthand ;). Good score on those Garlic Breaths, when you start them definately stop by and lets know how they are doing. GL with those also.

Hey Space Ghost, glad to hear you enjoyed it also. Hopefully you can get a chance at growing it one day. No driving herb, now thats funny and also something I like to hear from people the little details like that of their experiences. Really excited to try this strain or at least a hybrid of it at the end of the season ;).

Off to a good start so far I hope to add some pics to this in the future. Keep that info. coming in and thanks for stopping by ya'll. Take care 1

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
I remember reading on OG a long time ago that from seed it was extremely hard to find a good pheno, but when you did it was extremely potent, sweat stank and huge producer. I think the reason Hogs Breath kind of vanished was because of too many reports of it being hard to find the correct pheno. People popped packs and didn't find much good.

I would love to experience the real Hogs Breath cut and did want to buy seeds years ago, but I too was discouraged from the lack of positive reviews. I have to take my old Mac out of storage as I have tons of pictures from the OverGrow site and I am sure I have HB too. I'll try tomorrow to see if I can start her up and copy them to my PC.

TGT

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I grew Hog about 8 years ago and i wasn't impressed, I keep hearing that the hogsbreath pheno is a good one though.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey TGT, yea that was The Hog by THSeeds (Hogsbreath clone x afghani male IXed for 2 generations) which didn't get great reviews. The only company back then to even be working with the cut which i'm glad they tried but I wish they would have done a better job with that one. Their Hog strain won a cup and it seemed for the 1st couple of years you could buy packs and get an indica HB pheno but then a few years later the strain got sativa-ish from what I hear and the HB pheno is none existant in a pack now. Like yourself I did want to try a pack but after about 90% bad reports didn't think it was worth the $ so I waited kinda like my Sensi Hashplant search, (my favorite strain so far ever, a pheno my friends used to grow but lost bout 6 years ago) after all the bad reports i'm even scared to risk the $ to find that "Scary" pheno they grew again. Another famous indica made into a seedline that currently produces sativas from seedstock, something happened with parental stock somewhere along the line. I trust the ICMag members reports and of those 2 they aren't good. Don't think i'm hating on those companies as i'm currently growing S.A.G.E. from THSeeds and its my best OD strain so far by a longshot. I wish their Hog got better reviews but people said the HB clone is on another level and blows the Hog down. Thats why i'm searching these new HB hybrid seeds looking for something closer to the Hogsbreath clone. I hoping its my new Hasplant so to speak ;). Cuts don't come this way so I have to do seed searches for everything so indentifying phenos are key. Thats also another reason I like lots of detail on strains helps me know what i'm looking for easier :).

I'd love to see some pics if you can find them from the OG days of the Hogsbreath. Those were some good times back then. I still go by the same name just spelled different. Thanks for stopping by and hopefully you can find those pics on your old PC.

Hey where's subrob at? Ain't he running the SD Hogsbreath cut? Bet he's got something he could add to this thread also. I know a few of ya'll still run this cut somewhere in your mother collections lol. Hopefully this isn't going to be 1 of those strains that gets forgot about because of the Kush Kraze or any of the other "fad strains". Just was looking through the forums and I saw some very nice pics of the Hogsbreath cut but they were from a banned member, I wonder if a mod could or would allow a pic to be copied over to this thread? Not sure, so I'll wait to hear from 1.

Hey Hundred Gram Oz, (showed up just in time) sorry to hear you tried and didn't like the The Hog either. It definately didn't do the real cut any justice at least not at this point in time now. I think everyone associates the Hogsbreath clone with The Hog seed strain so much I think when they see the words Hogsbreath they think about the seed strain and think oh I heard bad reviews and turn away. I hope you get to try the clone only Tenn. cut 1 day its a monster I keep hearing. Hopefully this thread can be used to shed some light on the real Tenn. Hogsbreath clone so that people don't think bad strain review when they see the words Hogsbreath. Also what would you say about copying and pasting pics from another thread but from a banned member? I wanted to ask a mod 1st before I just went and attempted anything. Thanks in advance and for stopping by. Take care 1

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sup man..no..the cut i ran was a hb cross(unknown but im convinced it was hb x mk)...you wanna talk to humbleguy...he can prob answer your questions
...i liked hawgsbreath..wasnt my favorite of the dago strains..i reallu didnt like the smell..too strong for me..but many i know loved it

CannaVenture

ICMag Donor
Hey Kant C bro...I know you have been searching for The Hogsbreath Clone or atleast a good pheno of it...

I have the clone only, and obviously, The Hog Clone was the Mom in the Garlic Breath line.... Just for teh record, i want to make this clear.. Garlic Breath Has Absolutely ZERO to due with ThSeeds version... I have never grown their version, So I wont comment on that...

On with The hogsbreathClone...I have read osme reports where people are saying its a sativa / sativa-ish leaning plants.. Totally Wrong! Coulndt be More Indica leaning.. Shit is straight Sleepy time meds...And like someone posted earlier in this thread.. Its really not good for driving o r even for day time smoking at all... It really is a heavy, night time smoke...

As far as growing the Clone Only... Huge yields, of Very Frosty flowers... It gets so frosty, it almost looks like mold... Extremely Resinous plant....Big dense flowers.. Pretty quick to flower, around 8 - 9 weeks from pistil development... The smell is weird, or hard for me to describe... Ill stop what Im doing and rub teh sugar leaves to try and get an accurate description... i did this the other night and still had a hard time accurately describing it.. Alright.. i just tried to pin point the exact smell of Hogsbreath 6 weeks in bloom.. And its some what of a complex smell, with a couple different smells mixed in there..... I get like a Mentholly/paint thinner with another more well known pot smell in there... Its really hard to describe, and Im not good at this anyways.. BUt its Absolutely a Very Loud smell...And over powering... I can say this.. Its NOT a stinky skunk smell and it doesnt really smell like bad breath too much either.. Its a Foul smell, a smell that is hard to describe, But its a smell that i think alot of people have smelled before with pot...I have Afghan Bullrider right next to her and teh Bullrider has Kind of that same sharp astringent smell... I just cant think of words to describe it.. BUt I know Everyone has had a plant with these types of smells before..

The Hogsbreath clone is pretty easy to spot either be it in hybrids or clone grows.... The leaves and structure of the plant sticks out a little.. The leaves are pretty unique too.... Its weird, and Ive not really seen this in any other plants, but omsetimes the serrations on teh leaves kind of curl up a little, and Im talking in straight veg the leaves will do this.....Im not talking about leaves 'Canoeing" from heat or whatever, but teh actual serrations on teh leaves will turn upwards...Once you see it, You will know exactly what I am talking about..... And this will make it very easy to spot The Hogsbreath phenos in the Garlic Breath plants you are growing.. And you will be able to tell very early on in veg... i commented on someones Garlic Breath pics just the other day, about seeing the Hogsbreath pheno in a group veg shot they posted...

I know when I was younger, I remember hearing all about The Legendary Hogsbreath Clone from tennessee supposedly... I wanted it for a Very long time, and just like 2 years ago, It kind of fell in my lap, and Ive had it ever since.... Im not a huge Indica lover, I like more Day Time type smokes.. BUt Hogsbreath is an old clone, and I cant see me ever throwing her away.... Super Easy to grow....really stable.. Ive even heard that you cant reverse her if you try.. i dont know how much truth is to that, I have not tried to reverse her yet... But She is a huge yielder, of potent, Night Time meds.. This shit will put you out quick..

Id love for tshi thread to grow and everyone post what they know about the Hogsbreath clone...... For Indica lovers, Its a good one..and I do know some med users that Love it too...

Kant C.. Once you get 2 or 3 weeks into veg, We should be able to have a pretty good idea what phenos you have and to which way they lean too... It will be pretty easy to tell....

Glad you had great germ rates bro... Good Luck and Cool Thread man.....

Take care Everyone..

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey CannaVenture, thanks for stopping by. 1st let me thank you for being the only breeder (I at least know of) that is working the Hogsbreath clone currently. Making new hybrids and bringing the HB back into seedform. Yes you know how much i'm looking for the Hogbreath and now I think a few others do too. Growing these plants out i'm sure i'll find something to shut me up lol. As you i've also read plenty of reports of the true Tenn. Hogsbreath and The Hog (seed version already out by THSeeds) and don't want people to confuse some of the bad reports from The Hog with the great reports of the real clone only cut or some of the soon to come reports of your just released HB hybrids.

Hearing this strain is not good for driving and is some heavy sleep meds is great to hear as I suffer from insomnia and need a very strong indica to keep on hand. 1 report the guy said it made him feel like a sweating pig for hrs lol. 8-9 weeks ain't bad so this will be 1 of the earlier strains I harvest during my OD grow as most of the others are 11+. Looking forward to smelling this very strong pungent smell ya'll speak of. I love strong smelling strains and heard this is almost Roadkill-ish. I also will be on the lookout for that tell-tale sign of the leaves for the most HB leaning phenos. Thanks for that detailed info. on the clone CannaVenture, thats what i'm looking for people's personal experiences with this cut and its hybrids. I'm glad this clone did fall into your lap and I hope you are able to reverse it one day. Some Hogsbreath S1s would be nice :). 2-3 wks ain't bad to know which ones will be the HB leaners, will definately let you know how they are doing. Take care 1

CannaVenture

ICMag Donor
I will say, that the smells 6 week in flower are a bit different after a good cure...

im still not happy with teh description of teh smell.. Its just not completely accurate...And its a smell I cant put my finger on perfectly.. Ive beenconstantly thinking about "That Smell" since i last posted.... Its starting to drive me a little nutty man...haha..

I do know its a really old clone....possibly even 30+ years old.....Id say 25-30+ or so.. Im guessing really, but when I was younger and first heard about it, It was already older then...And that wasnt yesterday....

Ive read a few different threads on the subject allover the net...And alot of people say how there 'Hog" is sativa dom, or has a lot of stretch... etc etc... I dont know what they have, but Hogsbreath does not stretch much at all...maybe 2x once put in 12/12...And 2x might be more than it really is...1.5 x is probably more accurate really.. Pretty fat Indica dom fan leaves... heavy serrations... No signs of any sativa in the genes at all..

I got this clone about 2 years ago or so, from a Very dear friend, who is a little older.. Alot of folks propably know him, He is active in The Med Mary Community....And I know he's had this clone for a really long time....10+ years, possibly alot longer than that.... Hes been at this game now for well over 30 years...And supplies great meds for The Community, and is a wealth of knowledge...

TonyGreenHand

The hog's breath is a really stout girl, big fatty stout leaves that curl up just a long the fringes.

The smell, there is a heat to it, a warmth. It takes a step inside your nose and sits down. Almost like compost, same effect and similar smell.

I can thank the hogsbreath for a few days where I was MIA from the stone. I only left my couch for food and to check my girls.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey CannaVenture, we'll get this smell description nailed 1 day ;). Also liked the part about the little amount of stretch in 12/12. Think if you get time 1 day you could slide a pic of the HB clone in here? Thanks in advance.

Hey TonyGreenHand, thank you for that info. Like compost you say, interesting that is has a warmth to it. MIA lol yea I heard its a potent mess your day up type smoke, can hardly wait to try these hybrids out just so I can get messed up too ;). You still have the clone? If so you want to throw a few pics up also. Again thank ya'll in advance and take care 1

Desert Dan

Veteran
Now I want a HB cut... Cannaventure, do you plan on doing a backcross or two? Anyone know where to source cuts in Cali?

DD

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
I Love this thread!!! Had a hawgsbreath when I was living in Temecula CA 6 years ago. Got a cut from a friend that had some ties to him and I tell u what that Hawg Pheno not only made ur house real but left u laying there. Wish I would of bread her with something.

HAWGBREATH is my 3rd favorite bud handsdown

Latest posts

Latest posts